When you pay for Hulu, you might expect an ad-free experience. Sadly, Hulu runs third-party ads for revenue, so you will see advertisements regardless. So, if you’re wondering how to block ads on Hulu once and for all, ad-blocking software is your solution. The best Hulu ad blocker guarantees ad-free streaming and goes the extra mile in securing an overall seamless online experience.
A reliable ad blocker can remove ads not only on Hulu but also on other websites. Moreover, it can also block trackers, YouTube ads, and cookie request pop-ups. Some can even protect you from malware. Albeit, picking the right one for you might be tricky. Don’t worry. We assessed the best Hulu ad blockers of 2024 based on their ability to block ads, bypass platform detection, ease of use, device compatibility, and more.to suit your needs.
Read onward to learn about the best solutions against Hulu ads.
Best Hulu ad blockers: shortlist
- Best Hulu ad blocker of all time9.6
- Well-rounded Hulu ad blocker with a VPN9.4
- A plug-and-play ad-blocking formula for Hulu9.0
What to look for when choosing the best ad blocker for Hulu?
There’s a whole myriad of aspects to consider when picking the best ad blocker for Hulu. It can take so much time to figure out the key factors for making the right choice.
We did the heavy-lifting for you and listed criteria for a solid Hulu ad blocker, which guides our assessment processes, too. Here’s a breakdown:
- Trustworthy. Choose an ad blocker that has a good reputation in the industry and is well-reviewed by users. This ensures you can trust the Hulu ad blocker to work effectively and not compromise your privacy or security.
- Effective ad-blocking. The ad blocker for Hulu should be able to effectively block ads on Hulu. Even better if blocking abilities are extended to other websites without causing issues such as page loading problems or broken websites. It’s also important to look for an ad blocker that can block all types of ads, including pop-ups, banners, and video ads.
- Device compatibility. Ensure that the ad blocker for Hulu is compatible with your device and browser, as not all ad blockers work with all options.
- Customization options. Look for an ad blocker that offers customization options and settings, such as the ability to filter malware or customize the level of ad blocking.
- Money-return guarantee. Whether a service fails to meet expectations or you simply didn’t vibe with it, the ability to refund it is a must. It’s advisable to try the service during the cash-back period or via free trials if available.
The best Hulu ad blockers: overview
- Total Adblock – feature-rich & all-around best ad blocker for Hulu
- NordVPN Threat Protection – rock-solid ad blocker for Hulu with VPN
- Surfshark CleanWeb – packed & reliable Hulu ad blocker
Our recommended Hulu ad blockers once and for all solve the question of how to block ads on Hulu. These ad-blocking solutions deliver top-notch functionality further enhanced by additional features. Besides, these ad blockers come as part of VPNs, which further enhance your online safety.
1. Total Adblock – the best Hulu ad blocker with hefty feature suite
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- Blocks nearly 100% of Hulu ads
- Intelligent filter options
- Ad whitelisting
- Available on iOS and Android only
Total Adblock is the best ad blocker for Hutu because it disables almost all ads, cleans up the platform interface, and increases the streaming speeds due to blocked content. In essence, the provider deals with banners, cookie pop-ups, autoplay ads, static and GIF images, trackers, and other masterpieces of advertising. Besides, the ad-blocking solution is developed by TotalAV, responsible for a wide array of high-quality security products.
The Hulu ad blocker, whether extension or the app, boasts an extensive package of extra features. They allow you to personalize ad-blocking experience to an extent. Script-blocking is among the top extras since it blocks cookie requests before they even pop up. Meanwhile, you can pick which intelligent filters to apply to websites: user trackers, pop-ups, social media widgets, and known mobile ad networks. Oh, and if you want no interruptions during Hulu sessions, enable Pop-up Blocker.
Over the weeks of frequent testing, we saw the success rate of 95% against Hulu ads. Total Adblock definitely increased Hulu loading time, in turn optimizing streaming, even by a small margin. We ran into less than 5 ads during 100+ sessions. Also, the Hulu ad blocker disabled all our browser notifications on Chrome, Firefox, and Brave, which let us enjoy the shows and flicks in peace.
The only drawback of the ad blocker is that it’s compatible with Android, iOS, and Chromium based, Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi, and Edge browsers only. However, apps and extensions offer equally full-fledged functionality. Thanks to utmost attention to supported peripherals, you get the best user experience regardless.
All of this can be yours if you opt for a premium version, which won’t hurt your wallet one bit. Total Adblock comes with a small price tag with a 75% discount – a welcome price for ad-free Hulu streaming. If your inquisitive nature demands you test the service yourself, be sure to take advantage of the 7-day free trial and 14-day money back guarantee.
2. NordVPN Threat Protection – robust ad blocker for Hulu with world-class VPN
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- Exceptional at blocking ads on Hulu
- Forestalls malware
- Comes with a VPN
- No whitelisting
NordVPN’s Threat Protection is one of the best ad blocker for Hulu. This powerful tool blocks ads and protects you from adware, trackers, and potentially harmful websites. It even scans downloads for malicious software, ensuring you don’t accidentally download infected files. And the best part? Threat Protection comes bundled with NordVPN, securing an added layer of protection and anonymity.
What sets Threat Protection apart is its flexibility and customization. You can enable it separately from the VPN and choose exactly what it should block. Also, if you prefer a lighter version, there’s an option to use DNS filtering, which disables ads and blocks malicious domains. Another handy feature is URL trimming, which removes tracking parameters from links, enhancing your browsing privacy.
The ad blocker for Hulu blocked around 92% of all advertisements on the platform. It effectively eliminated tracking ads, invisible trackers, intrusive banners, and even pesky YouTube and Facebook ads. In fact, we encountered a couple more than 10 ads during 100+ Hulu movies and shows. To give you peace of mind, it provides a summary of all the items it blocked over a 7-day period, allowing you to assess its effectiveness firsthand.
Whether you’re using Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS, NordVPN’s Threat Protection has you covered. Moreover, it’s integrated into NordVPN’s Edge, Brave, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera browser extensions. Note that the Lite version is included in the extensions, which limits customization options. Still, it performs perfectly well, just like the full app version.
NordVPN with Threat Protection currently offers a one-of-a-kind deal with an 67% discount + 3 free months. If you’re curious but unsure, you can try it out with the free 7-day trial. And if you need more time to fully test whether the service checks all the Hulu ad blocker boxes, take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. Surfshark CleanWeb – the best Hulu ad blocker for multiple devices
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- Exemplary ad-blocking on Hulu
- Comes with a VPN
- Whitelist feature
- Some apps lack features
Surfshark’s CleanWeb is an accomplished Hulu ad blocker. As part of its comprehensive VPN suite, this ad-blocking formula disables ads and takes care of pop-ups, video ads, cookie consent pop-ups, trackers, malware, and more. If a completely ad-free streaming experience is what you’re after, CleanWeb is your best shot.
CleanWeb goes beyond ad blocking. It noticeably improves your browsing speed and even detects phishing attempts, keeping you safe from scams. Moreover, with Surfshark’s One package, available at an additional cost, you’ll get a robust antivirus. The package also nets a private search tool that displays organic results, and a breach detection feature that alerts you about any personal information leaks.
The ad blocker efficiently eliminates 89% of Hulu ads – a number we determined after thorough tests. CleanWeb only let slip through around 20 ads during 100+ sessions we had. It’s a relatively good result considering the harsh anti-adblock environment that Hulu is. In addition, our tests demonstrated that CleanWeb effectively blocks tracking ads and invisible trackers on the most widely used websites and streaming services.
CleanWeb is compatible with PCs, mobile devices, and even smart TVs. The standout feature of this service is the browser extensions available on all Chromium-based browsers, as well as Edge and Firefox. With this extension’s enhanced CleanWeb 2.0 version, you can also disable annoying cookie consent pop-ups, receive breach alerts, and view statistics about your browsing experience.
CleanWeb, bundled with the Surfshark VPN, is currently available at a whopping 79% + 2 months free. Curious cats can test the service first with their generous 7-day free trial. And if you decide to commit, rest assured that there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee to ensure your satisfaction.
Best ad blockers for Hulu: comparison
|NordVPN Threat Protection
|✅Yes (Free 7-day trial on Android)
|✅Yes (Free 7-day trial on Android & iOS)
|Blocks user trackers
|Blocks Hulu ads
|Blocked Hulu ads during our tests
|Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi, and Edge
|Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Brave, Opera, and Edge
|Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave, Opera
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, FireTV, Android TV
|Get 75% off
|Get 67% off
|Get 79% off
How we selected Hulu ad blockers?
Our prime focus was on the advanced functionality of the ad blockers for Hulu to remove ads with a snap of your fingers. Regardless, we took more aspects into consideration, forcing our candidates to undergo taxing testing.
- Blocks more than basic adware. Undoubtedly, a solid Hulu ad blocker should remove ads easily. However, it’s more than welcome if the software blocks trackers, pop-ups, banners, malicious sites, and other nettlesome kinds of adware.
- Third-party tools. Apart from the hands-on testing procedures, we also relied on third-party tools like Coveryourtracks.eff.org and AdBlock Tester.
- Additional features. It doesn’t matter if it’s malware protection, smart filtering, pop-up blocker, URL trimming or any other handy feature. We grant instant kudos if the feature is outside of the basic ad-blocking package.
- Security & privacy suite. Cyber threats often lurk around, meaning you need proper security tools to remain protected. When scouring ad blockers for Hulu, we chose those that come bundled with extras that expand your options.
- Steadily nurtured software. Hulu is well aware of ad blockers, so they work hard to keep ad campaigns evolving. After all, who doesn’t like revenue. But it’s exactly why the best Hulu ad blockers must be regularly refreshed by devs to advance constantly as well.
- Money-and-value ratio. Naturally, our picks don’t cost a fortune. In fact, we made sure they offer only the most reasonable ration in terms of quality and price.
Total Adblock ticks all the checkboxes, and then some. Overall, our experts label it as the best ad blocker for Hulu due to high-rate success against autoplay ads. The quality over quantity approach shines through as you get enough features that allow you to personalize your experience. At the end of the day, Total Adblock secures ad-free on and outside Hulu.
Watching films and shows on Hulu has never been a more streamlined experience than with Total Adblock. This Hulu ad blocker disables all ads during stream and outside viewing. Get rid of the pesky ads to improve your Hulu and overall browsing activities today for affordable price!
Why block Hulu ads?
There’s a plethora of reasons to opt for a Hulu ad blocker if you have an active subscription. Moreover, the reasons far exceed the streaming. Ad blockers are nifty tools that both eliminate the obnoxious ads and protect your data.
- Streaming interruptions. The nature of ads is abhorrently intrusive. You seem to get into the show or film you’re watching and boom, another ad. Luckily, a reliable ad blocker disables adware and secures a seamless viewing experience.
- Slower loading time. It’s no secret that ads consume additional bandwidth, which, in turn, means decrease in loading times. If you want a faster overall browsing experience, then the best ad blocker might be a great friend to have.
- Phishing attempts. Phishing attacks are getting more advanced by the day, so it’s harder to recognize them. However, you don’t even need to worry about telling apart an e-mail from a phishing attempt with an ad blocker in your tow. Yup, a robust ad-blocking solution can solve this problem.
- Irritating cookie request pop-ups. We’re all familiar with cookie notifications upon entering a website. Albeit, it doesn’t mean we should familiarize ourselves further thanks to the effective ad-blocking formula.
- Securing your device. Numerous ad blockers come with extra perks that effectively combat cyber threats. Whether it’s a VPN with in-built security measures or an antivirus that filters malware, your device remains protected from online dangers.
Best ad blockers for Hulu based on your needs
Each Hulu ad blocker may suit certain user cases or needs better. To pick the best option for you, first you must identify why and where you need to block ads.
- Hulu ad blocker for smart TV. Streaming content on the big screen is a delight, one that quickly comes to ruin thanks to pesky ads. So, how to block Hulu ads on smart TV? Simply pick the best Hulu ad blocker that offers streamlined integration for a smart TV, your best shot is the versatile Threat Protection. Then, install the app, run it, lean back, and enjoy.
- Hulu ad blocker for Android. One option to stop all those video advertisements on Hulu on Android is by choosing the right ad blocker. Total Adblock offers a user-friendly and fully functional solution. Hence your grievances with ads on Android will quickly become a thing of the past.
- Hulu ad blocker for iPhone. Likewise, picking a Hulu ad blocker for the iPhone is no easy task. However, rewarding once you make the right choice. Once again, most tools that work on Android perform just as well on iOS devices.
- Hulu ad blocker for Firestick. If you’re wondering how to block Hulu ads on a Firestick, your best bet is an ad blocker bundled with VPN so you can freely install it on the device. Surfshark’s CleanWeb is a solid option as it blocks Hulu ads perfectly well. Plus, you can tweak the TV’s DNS settings to settle things.
Is it worth getting Hulu No ads?
We believe that the Hulu No Ads plan is not worth the additional cost. Despite its name, this plan does not completely eliminate ads. While certain specific Hulu content can be enjoyed without ads, the majority of shows and movies on Hulu are owned by various studios such as Disney and Fox. Consequently, Hulu is obligated to show ads during their content due to requests from these studios.
Even with the No Ads plan, you will still encounter ads during your favorite movies and series. Essentially, you are paying more for only a few moments of ad-free viewing.
If you are considering blocking ads on Hulu, let’s consider the cost. Our recommended best Hulu ad blocker, Total Adblock is available for as low as $2.42/month. Meanwhile, Hulu’s No Ads plan costs $14.99/month. This means the ad blocker is nearly seven times cheaper and can remove ads not only on Hulu’s content but also on other websites.
Other ways to avoid Hulu ads
While an ad blocker is the fastest and more successful route to ad-free Hulu streaming, there are other methods to reduce ad interruptions. You have more options especially if you’re watching the shows on a PC device (Windows or Mac).
- Use secure browsers. Chromium browsers, like Chrome and Opera, are good but they don’t fall under the category of private ones. It’d be Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi, Tor Browser, DuckDuckGo. They come packed with built-in protective measures like ad blockers or VPNs. Though, of course, they don’t hold a candle to stand-alone and fully developed apps or extensions.
- Open Hulu on two browser tabs. The trick is to play the same show or movie in two tabs on your browser so the first one plays ads, while the second streams ad-free. Simply mute the first tab with the ads. However, that means double load on your RAM, which can reduce streaming quality.
- Inspect mode. With a video ready on Hulu via browser, right click and hit Inspect. That opens a bar with code lines where you can find ads and delete them. However, the effect disappears after refreshing the page and severely interrupts the session, which may not always be better than ad interruptions.
These alternative options are not guaranteed to work all the time. Hulu fiercely fights ad-blocking solutions. Besides, who wants to juggle 3 browsers and multiple extensions just to watch a movie or catch an episode? Especially when the best Hulu ad blocker – Total Adblock – swiftly removes ads without gobbling on your time or resources.
Few things annoy more than popping up ads in the middle of a show or a film. Sadly, Hulu is no exception. Even with the No Ads subscription you’re bound to see an ad or two. However, a solution exists in the shape of ad blockers for Hulu. Not only do they combat adware, they also offer full-fledged protection.
Total Adblock is your best shot as it’s the best Hulu ad blocker. Bundled with the industry’s most advanced features, this ad blocker lays to rest the question of how to block ads on Hulu. Moreover, you can enjoy increasing browsing speed, less resource consumption, and reclaim your right to savor movies and shows without interruptions.
What do you think is the best ad blocker for Hulu? Does your current ad blocker remove ads effectively? Let us know by leaving a comment!
How can I stop ads on Hulu?
You can stop ads on Hulu with a reliable ad blocker. Even the No Ads Hulu subscription is bound to display ads of other studios incorporated into their respected content. However, an ad blocker can remove all adware during streaming at a much cheaper cost than the No Ads sub.
How much is Hulu without ads?
The price of Hulu No Ads plan is $14.99 per month. Alternatively, you can choose Hulu No Ads + Live TV subscription for $82.99 per month. Ultimately, choosing a Hulu ad blocker is the best choice. The top recommendation is Total Adblock, which costs as low as $2.42/month and blocks all Hulu ads.
How do I get rid of ads on Hulu for free?
You can remove Hulu ads for free if you opt for free trials of paid ad blockers. That way you don’t sabotage your security and get fully functional software with all the perks. Your best shot is Total Adblock, which offers a free version but whose full potential is unlocked with a cheap premium.