Since the Polish government isn’t as strict about internet privacy as some other countries, a VPN is the ideal way to mask your internet activity and ensure your data can’t be tracked or leaked. This is even more important if you’re just visiting Poland and using unsecured networks like free café wifi. Using a VPN will also help you get around the geo-blocking restrictions that stop you from accessing platforms like Netflix US and Netflix UK when you’re in Poland.
But what is the best VPN for Poland? If you’re unsure how to choose from the thousands of providers available, we’ve assembled our own list that will help you decide on the best VPN for Poland.
No time to read? Here are our best VPNs:
The 7 best VPNs for Poland
1. ExpressVPN ‣
- Location: British Virgin Islands (outside the 5/9/14 Eyes)
- Pricing: starts at $8.32/month
- Server count: 3000+ servers in 90+ countries
- Features: speedy connection for video viewing, commitment to privacy and security, allows torrenting
- First up on the best VPN for Poland ranking is ExpressVPN, one of the most popular choices around. Based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN doesn’t answer to any surveillance group and offers top-notch privacy and security.
ExpressVPN is encrypted at a military-grade level, making it perfect for people in Poland who want to keep prying eyes off their browsing and sensitive data. On top of that, the company doesn’t log any of your data or personal information, keeping you completely anonymous. Plus, if your top priority is being able to access geo-blocked websites, you’ll be pleased to know that ExpressVPN has one of the widest networks around. They have over 3000 high-speed servers, many of which are compatible with Netflix (a rarity in today’s VPN world).
The main downside of ExpressVPN is its price, but rest assured that you get what you pay for with this provider. Few VPNs compare in reliability or functionality. ExpressVPN also isn’t ideal if you’ve moved to Poland with your family, as you can only connect 3 devices to their servers at once.
However, aside from these minor issues, ExpressVPN earns its place on the best VPN for Poland list with its impressive performance.
2. NordVPN ‣
- Location: Panama (outside the 5, 9 and 14 eyes)
- Pricing: starts at $3.49/month
- Server count: 5200+ servers in 59+ countries (the largest network available)
- Features: speedy connection for video viewing, commitment to privacy and security (including unique double data protection), connect to up to 6 devices at once
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPNs on the market today, and for good reason. This very affordable provider is committed to keeping you private and secure, as well as ensuring high connection speeds.
This VPN is based in Panama (outside the 5/9/14 Eyes) and they make protection their top priority. NordVPN even gives you the option to route your connection through not one, but two servers for double the data encryption.
Of course, their focus on privacy and security doesn’t mean they neglect speed. With their Smart Play technology, you can access fast, optimized servers that let you access hundreds of geo-blocked streaming platforms, including Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
NordVPN doesn’t have many drawbacks, but there are a few to keep in mind. One problem is that the NordVPN client interface can be a little laggy. On top of that, NordVPN may have over 5200 servers, but they’re not all consistent – some have slower speeds, and only a few can be used for torrenting.
That aside, NordVPN is definitely one of the best VPNs for Poland.
3. CyberGhost ‣
- Location: Romania (outside the 5/9/14 Eyes)
- Pricing: starts at $2.75/month
- Server count: 5600+ servers in 90+ countries
- Features: commitment to privacy and security, connect 1 to 7 devices simultaneous, Tor (The Onion Router) compatible
- Another top VPN for Poland is CyberGhost. Like ExpressVPN, CyberGhost also isn’t based within the 5/9/14 Eyes.
One of CyberGhost’s top selling points is that it’s great for VPN newbies thanks to its affordability (with prices as low as $2.75/month) and its ease of use. The interface is perfect for newbies, with an Unblock Streaming option that makes watching geo-blocked content a breeze.
Of course, all VPNs have their downsides. For CyberGhost, the main con is speed. We found it to be somewhat sluggish when trying to stream Netflix, so it may not be the best choice if you want a VPN solely for watching international TV and movies.
However, if that’s not your top priority, you’ll love CyberGhost’s no-logging policy and leak-free security.
- Location: British Virgin Islands
- Pricing: starts at $1.99/month
- Server count: 1000+ servers in 60+ countries
- Features: speedy connection for video viewing, unlimited simultaneous connections, commitment to privacy and security
Despite being a new service, Surfshark VPN brings a lot to the table. So much so that it gets included in the best VPNs for Poland list.
Surfshark has 1000+ servers in 60+ countries and is one of the fastest VPN clients we have tested, so fast, in fact, that you’ll barely notice you’re using a VPN. This service has a lot going for it in terms of security – AES-256 encryption, a kill switch, and a strict no-logs policy are nothing to scoff at in the age of diminishing privacy.
Alongside premium performance, you also get a fair amount of usage options. Surfshark is great for Hulu and other streaming platforms. It also works for torrenting since P2P capabilities are enabled on all servers.
The best part is that you get all those features plus an unlimited number of simultaneous connections for only $1.99/month.
5. VyprVPN ‣
- Location: Switzerland (cooperates with 5 Eyes)
- Pricing: starts at $5.00/month
- Server count: 700+ servers in 60+ countries
- Features: speedy connection for video viewing, free trial available, highly optimised EU servers
Thanks to their newly improved no-logging policy and their commitment to preventing leaks, VyprVPN is a good contender for best VPN for Poland.
Whether you’ve come to Poland from an EU country and you miss your favourite websites, or you’re just interested in accessing popular European platforms like BBC iPlayer, VyprVPN is a good choice. Their EU servers are optimized for high speeds, allowing you to watch content without buffering.
On the downside, VyprVPN doesn’t appear to work with EU Netflix libraries (the Netherlands and the UK specifically). And, while it’s compatible with US Netflix, VyprVPN’s US servers aren’t as fast as their EU counterparts. Whether it’s right for you will depend on your needs and priorities.
- Location: Canada (part of the 5 Eyes)
- Pricing: starts at $1.00/month
- Server count: 480+ servers in 60+ countries
- Features: unlimited simultaneous connections, special Netflix-compatible feature, port forwarding, torrenting is allowed
First off, it’s important to note that Windscribe VPN is located in Canada (a 5 Eyes country). That means that if keeping all your internet activity hidden from the government is important to you, Windscribe isn’t the best choice.
However, if you’re just looking for general privacy and security along with a way around geo-blocking restrictions, Windscribe is a great contender for the best VPN for Poland. Encrypted at the highest level, Windscribe keeps you protected and doesn’t leak any of your data. It also has special servers that are guaranteed to give you access to Netflix UK and Netflix US.
Aside from its 5 Eyes location, the main downside of Windscribe is its slow connection. In general, you can only expect to reach around 50% of your usual internet speed. So, while it does work with most online streaming platforms, you might have to deal with buffering.
- Location: Sweden (part of the 14 Eyes)
- Pricing: starts at $5.71/month
- Server count: 400+ servers in 30+ countries
- Features: up to 5 simultaneous connections, commitment to privacy and security
Like the other VPNs on this list, Mullvad VPN is committed to providing a strong and secure service. Mullvad won’t log your activity or leak your IP, and its encryption is very strong. It is located in Sweden (one of the most active countries in the 14 Eyes), which is something to consider if privacy is your top concern.
However, if you register and pay for Mullvad with complete anonymity using Bitcoin, there’s nothing the 14 Eyes can use to identify you.
On the performance side, you can expect above average speeds with Mullvad and they do have a few servers that provide access to US Netflix. Mullvad isn’t the fastest or most comprehensive VPN on the market, but its features are fair for the price.
And the best VPN for Poland is …
When you look at all the VPNs listed above, it’s clear that there’s one main winner: ExpressVPN. It may be a little pricey, but that’s reflected in this VPN’s superfast speeds and numerous privacy restraints.
Of course, ExpressVPN may not be for everyone. Prefer something cheaper? CyberGhost and NordVPN are some of the most affordable around. Need a VPN for the whole family? Try Windscribe or IPVanish. All the VPNs on this list are good choices depending on your own specific needs.
If you’re in Poland, which of these VPNs have you used before? Did we miss any great VPNs for Poland? Let us know in the comments below.