MMA fans have a good reason to wait for the end of this year. On December 29, 10:00 pm EST, the last annual iteration of the UFC will happen at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, US. The two main events of the night will be the light heavyweight title fight of Jones vs Gustafsson 2 and the co-main bout for women’s featherweight title between Cris Cyborg and Amanda Nunes.
The main fight will determine who’s to be the vacant belt of the Light Heavyweight division champion, as the current holder Daniel Cormier (who defended his Heavyweight title in UFC 230) has decided to focus on one weight class. Top-ranked Jon “Bones” Jones has already held the title, having become the youngest UFC champion at the age of 23. His opponent, Alexander “The Mauler” Gustafsson is currently #2 in UFC Light Heavyweight rankings. Their first duel back in 2013 became an instant MMA classic, and both fighters have been asking for a rematch since. Gustafsson is the first and only UFC fighter to win against Jones.
This will also be the first time in UFC history when two current female champions will be facing each other. Cris Cyborg is the current Featherweight champion, while Amanda “The Lioness” Nunes now holds the Bantamweight title and might become the first woman to hold two belts at the same time, joining Cormier and McGregor as the only fighters in UFC history to do so.
So as we can see, the night before New Year’s Eve promises to be an eventful one. Continue reading to find out the best way to stream the last UFC event in 2018 – Jones vs Gustafsson 2 – live online.
What are the best options to watch UFC 232 online?
At the moment there are two main ways how you can watch UFC 232 online. The first one is to stream it via UFC.tv. To do that, you will need to buy a pass for the main event, available via UFC Pay-per-view (PPV). For additional fights in the undercard, you will need a UFC Fight Pass. Streaming is done through the UFC.tv app, which works on Android, iOS, Fire TV, and Roku.
Another option is one of the cable networks that have the rights to broadcast UFC 232. As more and more fighting sports lovers use different and sometimes even multiple devices to watch MMA bouts, it’s always worth checking what device-types are supported by the network available to you.
Which networks will be broadcasting Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson 2?
Here is the list of all UFC 232 TV broadcasters and the devices supported by their apps:
- UFC Fight Pass (USA) – Roku, Apple TV, Android, and iOS
- FightNetwork (Canada) – Roku, Apple TV, Android, and iOS devices
- Fox Sports (Australia) – Android, iOS, and Apple TV
- BT Sport (UK) – Mac, Android, iOS, Fire TV, Roku
- DAZN (Germany) – virtually all Operating Systems, browsers, smart TVs, connected devices and the Xbox One game console
- Viaplay (Sweden, Denmark) – Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Smart TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 3&4, Xbox One, and Google Home
- OSN (Middle East) – PC, Mac, Android, iOS
- Match TV (Russia) – Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS (multiple browsers)
- Globo (Brasil)
- WOWOW (Japan)
No matter which option you choose (whether it’s UFC.tv or one of the official broadcasters), it might not be available in your country. And even if it is, chances are you can get up to 75% off the Pay-per-view price.
What is the cheapest way to watch UFC 232 live online?
You may wonder how it’s possible to get such a huge discount for the UFC 232 stream. Well, the answer lies in the core problem of UFC broadcasting, which is called geo-blocking. You may already know that in some countries UFC.tv PPV is unavailable, even if you have a UFC Fight Pass. This problem of geo-blocking can be solved by using a virtual private network, or VPN. It hides your IP address and changes it and makes it seem like you’re based in a country where full access to the UFC is available. This way you can access UFC 232 or any other event.
But hurry not, as there’s another issue with the UFC, called uneven PPV pricing. And it is not always related to the economic power of a country, as the examples below will show. In this case, a VPN can help you save money by choosing a country where watching Gustafsson vs Jones 2 is much cheaper.
For example, North Americans will be happy to find that Mexico offers the UFC 232 PPV for $34.99, which is almost two times cheaper than what US residents pay! South American MMA lovers can choose Argentina, Europeans will be more than happy with Germany’s $20.29, and Asia looks no further than the Philippines and their $17.16. The latter makes us think this has to do something with mixing sports and politics, as Manny Pacquiao is the Senator of the Philippines.
Which country offers the cheapest UFC.tv PPV for Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson 2?
At the moment it’s Russia – the price here is less than $15. So this is a good time to remind everyone that you should be choosing the country to buy UFC.tv PPV not only by the price but also by the distance from your location (because you will have to stream from the same country where you bought the PPV). As you probably know, the distance takes its toll on the bandwidth, and the VPN also slows down your connection. Therefore, users in Asia should stick to the Philippines instead of trying to stream UFC 232 from Russia because all major VPNs base their servers either in Moscow or St. Petersburg.
You should check your internet connection speed using a testing tool (like SpeedTest.net) and compare the results with a VPN turned on. Streaming HD content requires around 5 Mbps, so you should make sure your speed is at least that. If not, it would be better to spend a bit more but protect your mental health by choosing a location that will guarantee smooth streaming.
Which VPN should I use to watch Gustafsson vs Jones 2 online?
Now that we know the cheapest way to watch Gustafsson vs Jones 2 is by using a VPN, it’s time to choose the one that’s best for you. We do not recommend using a free VPN for streaming UFC 232 because these are often overcrowded and have privacy issues, meaning you might be selling your invaluable personal data for a low-quality stream.
The best choice depends on your location and future plans. While NordVPN and ExpressVPN are ranking #2 and #1 respectively (just like Gustafsson and Jones), UFC fans in Asia might consider Astrill VPN, which is well known for having a strong presence in this region, giving you some of the best, if not the best speeds.
As for those who are already thinking about UFC 233 and 2019 – consider the money-back guarantee offered by each VPN. While many offer 30 days, some, like CyberGhost VPN, provide an impressive 45. This VPN would allow you to stream UFC 233 (set for January 26, 2019) and still get your money back, saving even more.
And those who are not thinking about tomorrow should grab NordVPN’s free 7-day trial, which requires no credit card or other personal details, save for an active email address. Last but not least, think about the number of devices you’ll be streaming the fight on simultaneously – perhaps it makes sense to pitch in with some buddies? While NordVPN supports six, Express VPN allows only three simultaneous connections from the same account.
A step-by-step guide on streaming UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson 2 live with a VPN
- Choose the VPN you like most. Make sure the speed will be sufficient to stream the event. For HD, you need around 5 Mbps.
- Visit the website of the VPN and subscribe. Check your eligibility for the money-back guarantee. If you’re not sure, consult the Support, or choose one with a free trial, like Astrill VPN or NordVPN.
- Download the VPN client. You can install it on multiple devices, just don’t forget about the limit of simultaneous connections, which differs for each VPN.
- Install and start your VPN client. Enter your account login info.
- Choose a server to connect to. It should be in the country you’ll be buying the PPV and streaming the actual event from.
- Visit Ufc.tv and buy the PPV. Don’t forget that the PPV doesn’t cover all fights. UFC Fight Pass will be needed for Early prelims.
- Sit tight until December 29, 10:00 pm EST. Connect to the country where you bought the UFC 232 PPV and have fun watching Jones vs Gustafsson 2.
How can I watch Jones vs Gustafsson 2 live online for free?
Many websites will invite you to witness Gustafsson vs Jones 2 live online for free. And there will be many MMA enthusiasts flocking to these streams. Some of them will end up clicking on some weird link that will install malware on their PC or smartphone. Most of them will be disappointed by the quality offered and the number of annoying ads.
And the most unlucky ones will have their stream disconnected mid-KO. So while you will definitely find success stories of streaming UFC for free, we are strongly against this illegal activity.
When does Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson 2 start?
The main card of UFC 232 begins on Saturday, December 29, 10:00 pm EST. The final UFC event of 2018 will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, US.
Here are the starting times in other time zones:
- Los Angeles (PT): 7:00 pm
- Chicago (CT): 9:00 pm
- New York (EST): 10:00 pm
- London (BST): 3:00 am, Sunday
- Paris (CET): 4:00 am, Sunday
- Moscow (MSK): 5:00 am, Sunday
- Tokyo (JST): 11:00 am, Sunday
- Sydney (AET): 1:00 pm, Sunday
There’s no way to tell how long each duel will last, so the start of the light heavyweight title bout between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson will depend on what happens in the lead-up. So if you don’t want to miss the main event, make sure you tune in not too long after 10:00 pm EST.
All events on the UFC 232 fight card
Below you will find the full list of fights set for UFC 232 on December 29, 2018.
UFC 232 Early prelims (UFC Fight Pass), 6:30 pm EST
- Montel “Quik” Jackson (6-0-0) vs Brian “Boom” Kelleher (19-9-0), Bantamweight
- Curtis “Curtious” Millender (16-3-0) vs Siyar “The Great” Bahadurzada (23-6-1), Welterweight
- Uriah “Prime Time” Hall (14-9-0) vs Bevon Lewis (5-0-0), Middleweight
- Andre Ewell (14-4-0) vs Nathaniel “The Prospect” Wood (14-3-0), Bantamweight
UFC 232 Prelims (Fox Sports 1), 8:00pm EST
- Andrei “The Pit Bull” Arlovski (27-17-0) vs Walt “The Big Ticket” Harris (11-7-0), Heavyweight
- Cat “Alpha” Zingano (9-3-0) vs Megan Anderson (8-3-0), Women’s Featherweight
- Douglas “D Silva” Silva de Andrade (25-2-0, 1NC) vs Petr “No Mercy” Yan (10-1-0), Bantamweight
- BJ “The Prodigy” Penn (16-12-2) vs Ryan “The Wizard” Hall (6-1-0), Lightweight
UFC 232 Main card (UFC PPV), 10:00pm EST
- Jon “Bones” Jones (23-1-0) vs Alexander “The Mauler” Gustafsson (18-4-0), Light heavyweight, Main event for the vacant Light heavyweight title
- Cris Cyborg (20-1-0, 1NC) vs Amanda “The Lioness” Nunes (16-4-0), Women’s Featherweight, Co-main event for Women’s Featherweight title
- Carlos “The Natural Born Killer” Condit (30-12-0) vs Michael “Maverick” Chiesa (14-4-0), Welterweight
- Ilir “The Sledgehammer” Latifi (15-5-0) vs Corey “Overtime” Anderson (12-4-0), Light Heavyweight
- Chad “Money” Mendes (18-4-0) vs Alexander “The Great” Volkanovski (18-1-0), Featherweight
Who will win UFC 232 Main card fights?
It’s a bit too early for the bookmakers to make predictions on who’s going to be the favorite or the underdog, but we are already interested in what you have to say. Will Alexander Gustafsson upset Jon Jones for the second time? Can Amanda Nunes become the first woman to hold two UFC belts at the same time? Don’t hesitate and let us know in the comments section below!