With UFC 233 canceled, it’s a long wait between the UFC 232 that was back in 2018 and the upcoming UFC 234 Whittaker vs Gastelum event, set to start on February 9, 10:00 pm EST. This time it will be held in Melbourne, Australia, in an already sold-out Rod Laver Arena so expect to see many local fighters both in prelims and on the main card.
The main fight for the middleweight champion belt is set between the #12 ranked pound-for-pound defender Robert “The Reaper” Whittaker from New Zealand and the #4 ranked challenger Kelvin Gastelum from the US, which will be his first chance at winning the belt.
The middleweight feast will have a proper appetizer, with an undefeated Israel “The Last Stylebender” Adesanya fighting against the Brazilian MMA legend and former middleweight champion Anderson “The Spider” Silva, who’s coming back from the performance-enhancing drug suspension.
UFC 234 is unavailable in your country?
Get a VPN: change your location & unlock blocked content with NordVPN.
Read on how to stream the UFC 234 event Whittaker vs Gastelum live online in your location.
The best options to watch UFC 234 live online
The two best options for streaming UFC 234 live is either streaming it via UFC.tv or watching via your local cable network, provided it’s broadcasting the Whittaker vs Gastelum fight.
To stream UFC 234 live online via UFC.tv, you need to buy a PPV (pay-per-view) of the main card. For Prelims, you’ll need to purchase UFC Fighting Pass. Among the devices supported by the UFC.tv app you will find Android, iOS, Fire TV, and Roku.
To watch UFC 234 via a cable network, you’ll need access to the one that has the broadcasting rights. You should also make sure that your preferred device is supported and whether using more than one is a possibility.
Which networks will be broadcasting Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum?
Below is the list of all UFC 234 broadcasters and their supported devices:
- UFC Fight Pass (USA) – Roku, Apple TV, Android, and iOS
- FightNetwork (Canada) – Roku, Apple TV, Android, and iOS devices
- Fox Sports (Australia, Mexico) – Android, iOS, and Apple TV
- Sky Sport or BT Sport (UK) – Mac, Android, iOS, Fire TV, Roku
- DAZN (Germany) – nearly all Operating Systems, browsers, smart TVs, connected devices, and the Xbox One game console
- Viaplay (Sweden, Denmark) – Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Smart TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 3&4, Xbox One, and Google Home
- OSN (Middle East) – PC, Mac, Android, iOS
- MatchTV.ru (Russia) – Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS (multiple browsers)
- WOWOW (Japan)
- Globo (Brasil)
Please have in mind that one or both of the UFC.tv and cable network options might not be available in your location. And even if it is, you can get up to 75% off the Pay-per-view price. Read to find out how you can save this considerable amount of money.
The cheapest way to watch UFC 234 live online?
How it’s possible to get such a huge discount for the UFC 234 live stream? The answer is hidden in the main issue of UFC broadcasting, known as geo-blocking. You might have heard already that in some countries UFC.tv PPV is unavailable, even though you have a legit UFC Fight Pass.
The problem of geo-blocking can be solved with a VPN (Virtual Private Network). It hides your real IP address and your location, allowing you to connect from a country where UFC 234 PPV is available.
The problem of geo-blocking can be solved with a VPN (Virtual Private Network). It hides your real IP address and your location, allowing you to connect from a country where UFC 234 PPV is available. By using a VPN, you can easily access not only UFC.tv but many other geo-blocked streaming services, such as Netflix.
Before you rush to get a VPN and buy the PPV for Gastelum vs Whittaker, be advised that UFC has different prices set for each country. Therefore while you were used to paying $64.99 in the US or the Australian price of A$71.49 ($51.45) for your previous UFC events, now a VPN can help you find the cheapest offer for the UFC 234 and all upcoming PPV events.
For example, North Americans will be happy to find that Canada offers the UFC 234 PPV for $49. That’s almost 33% cheaper than what US residents pay! South American MMA lovers can choose Argentina for $34.99, Europeans will be more than happy with Germany’s $20.29, and UFC fans from Asia look no further than the Philippines and their $17.66.
Which country offers the cheapest UFC.tv PPV for Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum?
The cheapest UFC.tv PPV to watch Kelvin Gastelum vs Robert Whittaker live online is Russia – the price is below $15. This is a good moment to remind everyone that choosing the country with the lowest price is not always a good idea.
VPNs slow things down. That’s why users in Asia would be better off choosing the Philippines instead of Russia for streaming UFC 234.
Since you will have to stream the event from the country where you’ve bought the PPV, the distance affects your connection speed. If your real location is far away from the one where you made the UFC 234 PPV purchase, expect higher latency and slower speeds, especially because the VPNs also slow things down. That’s why users in Asia would be better off choosing the Philippines instead of Russia for streaming UFC 234 the majority of VPNs have their servers either in St. Petersburg or Moscow.
Streaming HD content requires 5 Mbps.
Before purchasing the PPV, we recommend checking your connection speed with a tool like SpeedTest.net and compare the results that you get with a VPN turned on. Streaming HD content requires 5 Mbps. Therefore you should make sure your VPN connection speed is at least that. If not, we advise spending a bit more on a PPV from a less distant country to avoid stuttering and other streaming issues.
Which VPN is the best to stream Gastelum vs Whittaker live?
We strictly do not recommend using a free VPN for streaming UFC 234 because too often they become overcrowded, causing your connection speed to drop noticeably.
The cheapest way to watch Gastelum vs Whittaker is by using a VPN, so now what’s left is to choose the best one. We strictly do not recommend using a free VPN for streaming UFC 234 because too often they become overcrowded, causing your connection speed to drop noticeably. On top of that, free VPNs have privacy issues, which means that you might end up selling your personal data for a low-quality stream. If you are willing to use a free VPN against your best interest, at least stay away from these shady VPN services.
The best VPN for watching UFC 234 online depends on your location and future plans. While NordVPN and ExpressVPN are ranked #2 and #1 respectively, UFC fans in Asia might consider Astrill VPN, a service that’s known for its strong presence in this region, providing you with the best, if not the best connection speeds.
If you are planning to use a VPN to watch UFC 235 and beyond – look at the money-back guarantee each VPN offers. While many give you 30 days, some, like CyberGhost VPN, offer an impressive 45-day guarantee for plans that are at least six months long. This VPN would allow you to stream the already-anticipated UFC Fight Night match between Lewis and Dos Santos (set for March 10) and still get your money back, saving even more.
If you just want to watch UFC 234 as cheap as possible, grab NordVPN’s free 7-day trial, which requires your credit card details only to prevent you from creating multiple accounts.
Get NordVPN Free Trial ▸
Finally, consider the number of devices you’ll be streaming the bout on at the same time – perhaps it’s worth pitching in with your friends and buying a better VPN? For example, CyberGhost gives you seven, NordVPN supports six, but Express VPN allows three simultaneous connections.
A step-by-step guide on watching UFC 234 Whittaker vs Gastelum online with a VPN
- Choose your VPN. Make sure the speed will be enough to stream the event. For HD quality, you need at least 5 Mbps.
- Go to the VPNs website and subscribe. Check your eligibility for the money-back guarantee. If you have doubts, ask the Support, or choose one with a free trial.
- Download the VPN client. Most clients can be installed on multiple devices, their number depending on the VPN’s simultaneous connections limit.
- Install and launch your VPN client. Enter your login info. Sometimes it differs from the logins you use to access your account.
- Choose your server. It should be in the country from which you’ll be buying the PPV and streaming UFC 234.
- Visit Ufc.tv and buy the PPV. Remember that the PPV doesn’t cover all fights of the night. UFC Fight Pass will be needed for Early prelims and Prelims will usually be reserved for cable networks, such as Fox Sports.
- Wait patiently until February 9, 10:00 pm EST. Connect to the country where you bought the UFC 234 PPV and enjoy watching Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum live.
Is there a way to watch Whittaker vs Gastelum online for free?
Some websites might invite you to stream Whittaker vs Gastelum live online for free. There will certainly be flocks of MMA enthusiasts gathering to watch those UFC 234 streams. Sadly, some of them will click on some dubious hyperlinks, unwillingly installing malware on their devices. Most of them will be left crestfallen by the poor video quality and the annoying ads that multiply after each click on that top-right “X.”
While you can find articles and comments on watching UFC for free, we are strictly against this unlawful action.
And the very unlucky ones will see the stream shut down just before the main fight. While you can find articles and comments on watching UFC for free, we are strictly against this unlawful action.
Not from the US? NordVPN will help you!
With NordVPN you will be able to watch UFC 234 Whittaker vs Gastelum from any location. NordVPN is the most secure, award-winning VPN service that allows smooth streaming on your device.
When does Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum start?
The main card of UFC 234 begins on Saturday, February 9, 10:00 pm EST. The event will be held at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia.
Below are the starting times in different time zones across the globe:
- Los Angeles (PT): 7:00 pm
- Chicago (CT): 9:00 pm
- New York (EST): 10:00 pm
- London (BST): 3:00 am, Sunday
- Paris (CET): 4:00 am, Sunday
- Moscow (MSK): 5:00 am, Sunday
- Tokyo (JST): 11:00 am, Sunday
- Melbourne and Sydney (AET): 1:00 pm, Sunday
Each duel can end in seconds or take full time to find out who’s the winner. Therefore the start of the middleweight title fight between Robert Whittaker and Kelvin Gastelum will depend on the outcome of the lead-up. Therefore to make sure you not miss the main event, tune in at 10:00 pm EST.
Want to watch UFC 234 live?
Get a VPN: change your location & get the cheapest UFC PPV with NordVPN.
Full list of events on the UFC 234 fight card
Below is the full list of fights set for UFC 234 on February 9, 2019.
UFC 234 Early prelims (UFC.tv Fight Pass), 6:30 pm EST
- Wuliji “The Beast Master” Buren (10-6-0) vs Jonathan Martinez (0-0-0), Bantamweight
- Calan “The Rockstar” Potter (17-7-0) vs Jalin “The Tarantula” Turner (6-4-0), Lightweight
- Lando “Groovy” Vanata (9-3-2) vs Marcos “Dhalsim” Mariano (6-4-0), Lightweight
UFC 234 Prelims (ESPN+), 8:00pm EST
- Devonte “King Kage” Smith (-230) (9-1-0) vs Dong “The Maestro” Hyun Ma (+190) (16-8-3), Lightweight
- Shane Young (-300) (12-4-0) vs Austin “Golden Boy” Arnett (+250) (16-5-0), Featherweight
- Kai Kara “Don’t Blink” France (-290) (1-0-0) vs Raulian Paiva (+240) (0-0-0), Flyweight
- Teruto “Yashabo” Ishihara (330) (11-6-2) vs Kyung “Mr. Perfect” Ho Kang (-) (14-8-0, 1NC), Bantamweight
UFC 234 Main card (UFC.tv PPV), 10:00pm EST
- Robert “The Reaper” Whittaker (-265) (21-4-0) vs Kelvin Gastelum (+215) (15-3-0, 1NC), Main event for the Middleweight title
- Israel “The Last Stylebender” Adesanya (-770) (15-0-0) vs Anderson “The Spider” Silva (+470) (34-8-0, 1NC), Middleweight
- Rani Yahya (+110) (26-9-0) vs Ricky Simon (-140) (14-1-0), Bantamweight
- Montana de la Rosa (-250) (9-4-0) vs Nadia Kassem (+200) (5-0-0), Women’s Strawweight
- Jim “The Brute” Crute (-) (9-0-0) vs Sam “Smile’n” Alvey (-) (33-10-0, 1NC), Light Heavyweight
What are the UFC 234 fighter odds?
It’s a bit too early to predict who’s the favorite and who’s the underdog in the upcoming matches because the card itself is subject to change due to injuries and other circumstances. But some of the odds of the Prelims and the Main Card are already added in the bullet list above. They are subject to change before the actual fight, so take them with a grain of salt.
Also, we invite you to share your opinion in the comments section below about the UFC 234 fight card favorites and their opponents.