Updated on 03.01.2019
The last time that MMA fans saw a title fight (UFC 232) was in 2018. With UFC 233 canceled and UFC 234 Whittaker vs Gastelum marred with injuries, all eyes are on UFC 235 Jones vs Smith where two belts will be defended in T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 10:00 pm ET on March 2.
The main fight for the light heavyweight champion belt is set between the title defender Jon “Bones” Jones and the #3 ranked challenger Anthony “Lionheart” Smith, both fighting from the US.
The co-main event will be a welterweight title fight between the champion Tyron “T-Wood” Woodley fighting against the #2 Nigerian Kamaru “The Nigerian Nightmare” Usman.
Get UFC 235 PPV with 75% off!
NordVPN can help you get the Jones vs Smith PPV for the cheapest price.
Read on how to stream the UFC 235 event Jones vs Smith live online in your location.
The best options to stream UFC 235 live online
You can either stream UFC 235 live via UFC.tv or your local cable network, provided it has the channel that will be broadcasting the event.
To stream via UFC.tv, you have to buy a PPV (pay-per-view) of the main card. The Prelims are accessible via UFC Fighting Pass. UFC.tv app supports many devices, including Android, iOS, Fire TV, and Roku.
Which networks will be broadcasting Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith?
Here’s the list of UFC 235 broadcasters and their supported devices:
- UFC Fight Pass (USA) – Roku, Apple TV, Android, and iOS
- FightNetwork (Canada) – Roku, Apple TV, Android, and iOS devices
- Fox Sports (Australia, Mexico) – Android, iOS, and Apple TV
- Sky Sport or BT Sport (UK) – Mac, Android, iOS, Fire TV, Roku
- DAZN (Germany) – nearly all Operating Systems, browsers, smart TVs, connected devices, and the Xbox One game console
- Viaplay (Sweden, Denmark) – Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Smart TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 3&4, Xbox One, and Google Home
- OSN (Middle East) – PC, Mac, Android, iOS
- MatchTV.ru (Russia) – Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS (multiple browsers)
- WOWOW (Japan)
- Globo (Brasil)
Even if both PPV and cable are available for you, there’s a way to get up to 75% off the PPV price with a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Keep reading to find out how to do this.
The cheapest way to stream UFC 235 live
If you play your cards right, you can get a 75% discount for the UFC 235 stream because UFC uses geo-blocking. It means that in some countries UFC.tv PPV is unavailable, even though the UFC Fight Pass can be purchased anywhere.
The problem of geo-blocking can be solved with a VPN. It hides your real IP address and your location, allowing you to connect from a country where UFC 235 PPV is available.
By using a VPN, you can easily access not only UFC.tv but many other geo-blocked streaming services, such as Netflix.
Before you buy the PPV for Smith vs Jones, you have to know that UFC PPV prices for each country are not the same. This means that instead of paying $64.99 in the US, a VPN can help you find the best offer for this and the upcoming PPV fights.
Countries with the cheapest UFC 235 PPV
MMA fans in the US will be happy to find that in Canada the cost of UFC 235 PPV is only $49 – nearly 33% cheaper! South American residents can pick Argentina for $34.99, Europeans have Germany’s $20.29, and the UFC buffs from Asia can buy the PPV in the Philippines at $17.66. But the cheapest offer comes from Russia, where the price is below $15.
Naturally, everyone would use a VPN to connect to a server in Russia and buy the cheapest UFC 235 PPV available. But that’s not always the best thing to do.
VPNs affects connection speed. Therefore those in Asia would rather choose the Philippines instead of Russia
That is because you will have to stream the event from the country where you’ve bought the PPV. If you’re far away from the country where you made the purchase, the speed will be slower because of the distance. And when you add a VPN on top of that, your connection might become too slow for high-quality streaming.
Streaming HD content requires 5 Mbps
Before purchasing the PPV, check your connection speed with SpeedTest.net or another tool and see what you get with a VPN. If your speed with a VPN turned on doesn’t exceed 5 Mbps, chances are you won’t be able to stream UFC 235 in HD. In such a case, you should rather spend a bit more on a PPV from a less distant country instead of experiencing latency, stuttering, and low video quality.
The best VPN for watching Jones vs Smith online
We’ve shown you that the cheapest way to stream Smith vs Jones live is by using a VPN. Now it’s time to pick the best one. Here’s the first rule:
Don’t use a free VPN to watch UFC 234 because they get overcrowded, slowing down your connection
If that wasn’t enough, free VPNs have privacy issues, meaning that you might end up giving away your precious personal data for a poor quality stream. If you’re not taking our word for it, at least avoid these compromised free VPNs.
The best VPN for watching Jones vs Smith live is determined by your location and future plans. While you can’t go wrong with choosing either NordVPN or ExpressVPN, which are the two industry-leading services, UFC fans in Asia might find Astrill VPN working faster for them because of its unrivaled presence in this continent.
If your goal is to use a VPN to buy and watch the upcoming UFC PPV events, then it’s important to check the money-back guarantee offers. Some, like CyberGhost, offer an impressive 45-day guarantee. This would probably allow you to watch the upcoming UFC 236 and still get your money back.
To watch UFC 235 while spending as little as possible, pick one of the best services with a free trial. There’s quite a few requiring your email address only.
Last but not least, think about the number of devices you’ll be streaming the bout on simultaneously. CyberGhost gives you seven, NordVPN supports six, but there are also options with an unlimited number of devices. With this in mind, it might be worth chipping in with your family or friends to purchase a better VPN.
A six-step guide on streaming UFC 235 Jones vs Smith live with a VPN
- Pick your favorite VPN. Check its free trial availability, money-back guarantee, and the number of simultaneous connections.
- Download the VPN client. Most services have apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and other devices.
- Install your VPN client. Before logging in, check if the username and password are the same that you use to access your account section.
- Choose a server. Test your connection speed to see if it’s enough to stream UFC 235 in HD (5 Mbps). If not, pick a server that’s closer to you.
- Go to UFC.tv and purchase the PPV. Don’t forget that the PPV gives you only the Main card bouts. To watch Early prelims, you will need a UFC Fight Pass, while the Prelims are being broadcasted by cable networks, such as ESPN or Fox Sports.
- Sit tight until March 2, 10:00 pm ET. Use your VPN to connect to the country where you bought the PPV, and stream Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith live.
Is there a way to watch Smith vs Jones live for free?
There will be websites offering to watch UFC 235 online for free. They always garner much attention just before the event. Unfortunately, some of them contain dubious links, clicking on which leads to installing malware on your device. Others give low video quality and ads that multiply after each attempt to close them. And all of them are illegal.
While it’s easy to find websites streaming UFC for free illegally, we are strictly against such practices
The saddest part is that there’s no guarantee that an illegal UFC 235 stream will not go down in the middle of the fight.
Not from the US? NordVPN is here to help!
NordVPN allows you to stream UFC 235 from anywhere on six devices simultaneously.
When does Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith begin?
The main card of UFC 235 begins on Saturday, March 2, 10:00 pm ET. The event will be held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Here are the local starting times in different time zones:
- Los Angeles (PT): 7:00 pm
- Chicago (CT): 9:00 pm
- New York (ET): 10:00 pm
- London (BST): 3:00 am, Sunday
- Paris (CET): 4:00 am, Sunday
- Moscow (MSK): 5:00 am, Sunday
- Tokyo (JST): 11:00 am, Sunday
- Sydney (AET): 1:00 pm, Sunday
Any bout can end in a minute or take the whole three or five rounds. That’s why the start of the main event will depend on how long the other duels will take. So if you don’t want to miss the fight for the light heavyweight champion title, make sure you’re in front of the screen at 10:00 pm ET.
Fancy watching UFC 235 live?
Change your location & find the cheapest PPV with ExpressVPN!
Events on the UFC 235 fight card
Below is the full list of bouts set for UFC 235 on March 2.
UFC 235 Early prelims (UFC.tv Fight Pass), 6:15 pm ET
- Edmed Shahbazyan (8-0-0) vs Charles Byrd (10-5-0), Middleweight
- Gina Mazany (5-2-0) vs Macy Chiasson (4-0-0), Women’s Bantamweight
- Polyana Viana (10-2-0) vs Hannah Cifers (8-3-0), Women’s Strawweight
UFC 235 Prelims (ESPN), 8:00 pm ET
- Jeremy Stephens (28-15-0) vs Zabit Magomedsharipov (16-1-0), Featherweight
- Misha Cirkunov (14-4-0) vs Johnny Walker (16-3-0), Light heavyweight
- Cody Stamman (17-2-0) vs Alejandro Perez (22-6-1), Bantamweight
- Diego Sanchez (30-11-0) vs Mickey Gall (5-1-0), Welterweight
UFC 235 Main card (UFC.tv PPV), 10:00 pm ET
- Jon Jones (23-1-0, 1NC) vs Anthony Smith (31-13-0), Main event for the Light heavyweight title
- Tyron Woodley (19-3-1) vs Kamaru Usman (14-1-0), Co-main event for the Welterweight title
- Robbie Lawler (28-12-0, 1NC) vs Ben Askren (18-0-0, 1NC), Welterweight
- Tecia Torres (10-3-0) vs Weili Zhang (18-1-0), Women’s Strawweight
- Cody Garbrandt (11-2-0) vs Pedro Munhoz (17-3-0, 1NC), Bantamweight
What are the UFC 235 fighter odds?
The fighter odds of each UFC event are subject to fluctuate because of the reported injuries, weight-in results and other circumstantial changes. Below you will find the aggregated average betting odds for each fighter along with the predicted outcome. Please be aware that VPNpro refrains from giving any expert betting advice! The numbers below are for the sole reason to know who’s the favorite and who’s the underdog in the upcoming UFC 235 event.
- Jon Jones (-870) vs Anthony Smith (+630), Jones via submission
- Tyron Woodley (-160) vs Kamaru Usman (+130), Woodley via TKO
- Robbie Lawler (+225) vs Ben Askren (-235), Askren via unanimous decision
- Tecia Torres (+70) vs Weili Zhang (-125), Zhang via decision
- Cody Garbrandt (-155) vs Pedro Munhoz (+130), Garbrandt via split decision
- Jeremy Stephens (+190) vs Zabit Magomedsharipov (-240), Magomedsharipov via TKO
- Misha Cirkunov (+130) vs Johnny Walker (-155), Walker via TKO
- Cody Stamman (-200) vs Alejandro Perez (+160), Perez via unanimous decision
- Diego Sanchez (+210) vs Mickey Gall (-260), Gall via submission
- Edmed Shahbazyan (-110) vs Charles Byrd (+105), Shahbazyan via unanimous decision
- Gina Mazany (+340) vs Macy Chiasson (-455), Chiasson via unanimous decision
- Polyana Viana (-285) vs Hannah Cifers (+230), Viana via submission