After the rather uneventful UFC 235 Jones vs Smith last week and the disappointing UFC Fight Night Ngannou vs Velasquez earlier in February, all MMA fans are hoping that the upcoming heavyweight bout between Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis and Junior “Cigano” Dos Santos will give what everyone’s been waiting for. In this article, we’ll show how to watch UFC Fight Night 146 Lewis vs Dos Santos live this Saturday, March 9, 10:00 pm ET.
Want to watch Dos Santos vs Lewis live?
Get a VPN: change your location & unlock blocked content with ExpressVPN.
How to watch UFC Fight Night 146 live for free
The only way to stream Lewis vs Dos Santos online is over ESPN+, which is geo-blocked for anyone outside the US. Fortunately, there’s a method to watch the event even if you’ll not be staying in the US this Saturday. Below you will find instructions on how to watch UFC Fight Night 146 live for free.
Streaming Lewis vs Dos Santos on ESPN+
ESPN+ offers many sports events that can be watched on many devices, such as smartphones and tablets (Android, Apple), smart TVs (Android, Apple, Samsung, Roku), game consoles (Play Station 4, Xbox One), Fire TV & Fire Tablet, Chromecast, and Oculus Go.
The price of ESPN+ subscription is $4.99/month, and you will be able to watch other UFC Fight Night events as well. Those interested solely in the Lewis vs Dos Santos duel can cancel their subscription any time if they haven’t subscribed before.
ESPN+ is geo-blocked. This means that MMA fans outside the US will not be able to stream it.
This is where a VPN comes to help. It will allow you to change your virtual location to the US, purchase ESPN+, and stream Dos Santos vs Lewis live.
Which VPN is the best for streaming Lewis vs Dos Santos?
First, we don’t recommend free VPNs for streaming the UFC Fight Night 146. Their servers tend to get overloaded, significantly slowing down your connection. If that wasn’t enough, free VPNs have privacy issues, which can lead to someone stealing your personal data.
UFC fans in Asia should take Astrill VPN, known for its strong presence in the region and very good speeds.
The best VPN for UFC Fight Night 146 differs based on where you are located and your wish to continue watching the upcoming UFC events. Even though NordVPN and ExpressVPN are the top two services overall, MMA lovers in Asia might consider Astrill VPN, known for its strong presence in the region and excellent speeds.
If you’re thinking about using a VPN to watch more than one UFC event – check the money-back guarantee for each VPN. Most give you one month, but CyberGhost VPN offers an impressive 45-day guarantee for their annual and longer plans.
If your goal is to watch UFC Fight Night 146 at the lowest cost, take any VPN with a free 7-day trial. They don’t require credit card details, contrary to the money-back guarantee services.
When choosing a VPN for watching UFC Fight Night 146, keep in mind the different number of simultaneous connections allowed. For example, CyberGhost gives you 7, NordVPN allows 6, and Express VPN supports 3 devices.
Finally, remember that you need a working VPN not only to buy the ESPN+ subscription but also to stream UFC Fight Night 146. Therefore, make sure you choose the right service so that your account doesn’t expire on the event day.
A guide on streaming UFC Fight Night 146 on ESPN+ with a VPN
- Choose your VPN. Don’t forget that your connection speed will be slower with it. For HD quality streaming, at least 5 Mbps is required.
- Visit the VPN’s website and subscribe. Check if you’re eligible for the money-back guarantee. Alternatively, choose a VPN with a free trial.
- Download the VPN client. Most can be installed on multiple devices. Running them simultaneously depends on the VPN’s device limit.
- Install and launch your VPN client. Log in. If it says that your password or username is incorrect, check if there’s no separate password for the client in your account area.
- Choose your server. It should be in the US because ESPN+ is not available anywhere else.
- Visit ESPN+ and buy the subscription.
- Meditate until March 9, 10:00 pm ET. Connect to the US server with your VPN and enjoy Dos Santos vs Lewis live online.
Are there other ways to stream UFC Fight Night 146 for free?
Plenty of shady websites will promise you a Lewis vs Dos Santos stream for free
And there will be plenty of those that will take the bait. Some will click on dubious hyperlinks that install malware. Others will get a poor quality stream with pop-up ads. But the most unlucky ones will see the UFC Fight Nigh 146 stream stop right before Derrick Lewis throws his first punch.
Not from the US? NordVPN will help you!
NordVPN will help you stream Lewis vs Dos Santos on ESPN+. Choose NordVPN and enjoy watching UFC Fight Night 146 this Saturday.
While there will be many ways to stream UFC Fight Night 146 for free, we are strictly against this activity and encourage you to watch the sport that you like, legally.
When does Derrick Lewis vs Junior Dos Santos start?
The Prelims are set for Saturday, March 9, 6:30 pm ET. After them comes the Main Card, set to begin at 10:00 pm ET. The event will be held in Intrust Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas.
The starting times in different time zones around the world (all times local) are as follows:
- Los Angeles (PT): 7:00 pm
- Chicago (CT): 9:00 pm
- New York (ET): 10:00 pm
- London (BST): 3:00 am, Sunday
- Paris (CET): 4:00 am, Sunday
- Moscow (MSK): 5:00 am, Sunday
- Tokyo (JST): 11:00 am, Sunday
- Sydney (AET): 1:00 pm, Sunday
No one can say how long the Main card will fight before the Lewis vs Dos Santos duel happens. Therefore, if you don’t want to miss the main event of the UFC Fight Night 146, tune in at 10:00 pm ET.
UFC Fight Night 146 card
Below is the full list of UFC Fight Night 146 bouts set for March 9, Saturday.
UFC Fight Night 146 Prelims (ESPN+), 6:30 pm ET
- Anthony Rocco Martin (15-4-0) vs Sergio Moraes (14-3-1), Welterweight
- Marion Reneau (9-4-1) vs Yana Kunitskaya (11-4-0, 1NC), Women Bantamweight
- Grant Dawson (12-1-0) vs Julian Erosa (22-6-0), Featherweight
- Maurice Greene (6-2-0) vs Jeff Hughes (10-1-0), Heavyweight
- Louis Smolka (15-5-0) vs Matt Schnell (12-4-0), Bantamweight
- Alex Morono (15-6-0) vs Zak Ottow (17-6-0), Welterweight
- Alex White (12-5-0) vs Dan Moret (13-4-0), Lightweight
UFC Fight Night 146 Main card (ESPN+), 10:00 pm ET
- Derrick Lewis (21-6-0, 1NC) vs Junior Dos Santos (20-5-0), Heavyweight
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (20-5-0) vs Curtis Millender (17-3-0), Welterweight
- Tim Means (28-10-1, 1NC) vs Niko Price (12-2-0, 1NC), Welterweight
- Blagoy Ivanov (16-2-0, 1NC) vs Ben Rothwell (36-10-0), Heavyweight
- Beneil Dariush (15-4-1) vs Drew Dober (20-8-0, 1NC), Lightweight
- Tim Boetsch (21-12-0) vs Omari Akhmedov (17-4-1), Middleweight
UFC Fight Night 146 predictions – Dos Santos or Lewis?
While both fighters are heavyweight, none will be a heavy favorite in this duel. There will be plenty of Dos Santos supporters, but our bet goes to Lewis. Both fighters are evenly matched in terms of the overall record and experience. Neither one is a fan of wrestling, which is why most expect a visually appealing bout.
Junior Dos Santos is a more fierce striker, landing almost two times more strikes per minute. He also has a better knockdown ratio of 0.9 compared to Lewis’s 0.49. But Lewis lands most of his significant strikes on the ground using the “ground and pound” method, while Dos Santos prefers to knock the opponent off his feet. Naturally, he does more body shots compared to Lewis. Nearly all of the Lewis wins come from a TKO/KO, while one in four Dos Santos wins come by decision.
Dos Santos fights take 12 minutes on average, which is 33% longer than Lewis is used to in the octagon. For us, Junior has a chance if he takes the fight to the last rounds and wears Lewis out. Derrick will be looking for the first chance to take down Dos Santos and finish on the ground. We believe he will succeed because, while Dos Santos has won four out of his six last fights, only one was a KO and the others needed a decision, of which only one was unanimous. What’s more, those six fights span from December 2014.
In the meantime, Derrick Lewis had his six fights in the last two years, also winning four, but three were KO/TKOs, meaning Lewis is showing no sign of stopping. This reflects the heavyweight rankings, where Lewis is at #3 and Dos Santos is at #8. We believe that the more active Lewis will come better prepared and wanting to show what he can do after the title fight upset against Cormier.
What are the odds for UFC Fight Night 146 duels?
The official odds will be available later because now it’s too early to make any predictions
An injury or weigh-in result can have a major impact. We’ll be updating the UFC Fight Night 146 event list, adding the odds at the end of the week.
In the meantime, let us know if you agree with our Dos Santos vs Lewis bout prediction. Also, should you encounter any problems with streaming Lewis vs Dos Santos, drop us a line in the comments and we’ll gladly assist you!
UFC Fight Night schedule
Here’s the UFC Fight Night schedule of the upcoming events:
- UFC Fight Night 147, Till vs Masvidal, Saturday, March 16, 3:00 pm ET
- UFC Fight Night 148, Thompson vs Pettis, Saturday, March 23, 8:00 pm ET
- UFC on ESPN 2, Barboza vs Gaethje, Saturday, March 30, 7:00 pm ET
- UFC Fight Night 149, Volkov vs Overeem, April 20, 12:00 pm ET
- UFC on ESPN 3, Teixeira vs Cutelaba, April 27, TBD
- UFC Fight Night 150, Brunson vs Theodorou, May 4, TBD
Date and time of each event are subject to change, including the main and preliminary cards.
Fancy watching Lewis vs Dos Santos on ESPN+?
Get a VPN and unlock geo-blocked content with the #1 service – ExpressVPN!.