TorGuard email is an effective service, which is known to provide end-to-end email protection.
Our emails are not secure anymore. It is important to think twice before sharing sensitive information over email. You never know when your email will get hacked or intruded by third parties, and you end up revealing all the important details to them.
To stop using email entirely is not a viable solution, what is important is to be specific about your requirements, and choose an email client that offers security and privacy. Is TorGuard email is the best option? Read on to find out.
What is TorGuard Email?
After the huge success of TorGuard VPN, TorGuard has recently introduced its own secure email client called TorGuard Email. With email security an issue these days, secure email clients are the need of the hour, and TorGuard email fulfills all your needs perfectly.
The service is equipped with the OpenPGP encryption protocol and makes sure that all your emails stay secure and private. TorGuard also provides you with a range of features, thus making sure that you don’t have to compromise on features because of privacy.
So is TorGuard email worth all the hype? Should you try it? This is what this review is all about. Let’s have a closer look at all the features of TorGuard, and see how the service performs in terms of security and protection.
TorGuard Email features
- Makes use of secure OpenPGP encryption. If you often deal with confidential emails and need 100% percent assurance that all your sensitive emails and data is secure, TorGuard has got your needs covered. The service ensures that your data is private and secure, all thanks to its OpenPGP compatibility.
- Protection against MITM attacks. TorGuard email ensures that you have a safe experience throughout. The email is effective in shielding you against attacks like Man-in-the-Middle attacks and other threats. This is simply because the service encrypts all your emails, thus ensuring that third parties do not gain unauthorized access to your content.
- Prevents your information from being used in marketing and advertisements. A lot of email clients sacrifice your privacy. This is an area where TorGuard sheds all your worries and keeps all your emails encrypted while also offering high-end features and important settings. TorGuard encrypts your email using the latest standards and ensures that none of your information is shared, sold or reproduced in any way.
- Access emails on the go globally. No matter from which corner of the world you are accessing your email, TorGuard’s servers can be used in any part of the world. You can make use of a secure PGP key ring to keep your emails secure and protected at all times.
- Round the clock support. If you have any problems or face any glitches in using TorGuard email, you can always reach out to their highly competent staff and get your queries solved on the go.
- A range of features. TorGuard ensures that in addition to providing the best security, the email service also comes equipped with all the latest features. To keep up with this, the email client serves you with an array of exciting features to meet all your email needs including tasks, bulk import, key storage, advanced search, notes, and so on.
How does TorGuard Email work?
TorGuard is based on the secure PGP/GPG encryption protocol which is highly effective in maintaining your security. The email works by protecting your data, irrespective of the manner you access the email.
TorGuard keeps your emails secured, no matter how you access them. From mobile devices to browser-based email and other software clients, TorGuard email is accessible everywhere and provides 100% hack-proof security.
Is TorGuard Email secure?
TorGuard email is completely secure as it is based on the OpenPGP protocol. To send an email, all you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- Create your email by clicking on New Message. Type your message and enter at least one recipient.
- Next, click on PGP Sign/Encrypt. As you do that, a box will appear saying that OpenPGP only accepts plain text. It will ask you to click OK to remove any formatting.
- Click OK.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter your password which you created while generating your key earliest. Next, click on the sign and encrypt.
- This will encrypt your email, and your email text will now look similar to a code which is how the encryption works.
This is how TorGuard guards your sensitive information and keeps your email secure.
Is TorGuard Email anonymous?
Not only is TorGuard Email completely anonymous, but the newly introduced update has improved the platform even more. The new webmail system consists of a range of features, including:
- An enhanced user interface which makes it easier for the users to send and receive emails
- Mobile optimization which makes sure that your email is not only readable but also fits to the screen size on which it is accessed
- OpenPGP encryption which keeps your email secure irrespective of the device you access it on
The encrypted email platform powered by TorGuard provides premium users with at least 10 GB of free email storage, not to mention another 10 GB in the cloud. However, if needed, you can upgrade to Pro and Business Pro plans for more storage.
To top it all, TorGuard email comes with a range of high-end features like:
- End-to-end security and protection
- Zero marketing and advertising
- Forward secrecy
- 24/7 dedicated support
- Compatibility with all major platforms and devices
TorGuard Email vs. ProtonMail
Let’s see how TorGuard performs when compared with ProtonMail.
|Owner||TorGuard||Proton Technologies AG|
|Free version available||Yes||Yes|
|Cost||$8.95/month for Standard $15.95/month for Pro $64.95/month for Business Pro||€48.00/yr for Plus plan, €75.00/yr/user for Professional plan, and €288.00/yr for Visionary plan|
|Mailbox storage||100 MB – 100 GB depending on your plan||500 MB – 20 GB depending on your plan|
|Max. attachment limit||N/A||25 MB|
|Security features||OpenPGP||AES, RSA, and OpenPGP|
Nadin has been tinkering with computers and gadgets for as long as she can remember. She has extensive knowledge about various topics, including IoT, Linux, digital security, and more. Nowadays, she works as an IT network professional and writes helpful guides in her free time.