Formula 1 races take place all over the world on exotic race tracks and are an absolute spectacle to behold. Enthusiasts can tune into them via the official live streaming platform – F1 TV Pro. Unfortunately, F1 TV Pro live streams are unavailable in many regions due to geo-blocks. And worse yet, the subscription is more expensive in certain countries or unavailable altogether due to local licensing agreements, like in the UK.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) can easily solve this problem. It reroutes your web traffic through remote servers, making it appear as if you are elsewhere. Once F1 TV Pro recognizes this, it lets you access all the exclusive content you want and readily subscribe to the service. Read on to learn how to use a VPN to watch F1 TV Pro live stream from anywhere.
How to watch F1 TV Pro online with a VPN
- Subscribe to an F1 TV Pro VPN with servers in countries with a premium subscription. Our #1 recommendation is NordVPN, currently 68% off
- Download the VPN app on your preferred F1-viewing device
- Connect to a server in your preferred country, like the Netherlands, where F1 TV Pro is cheaper
- Enjoy the complete F1 stream experience anywhere!
Best VPN for F1 TV Pro: shortlist
- The best race VPN to unblock F1 TV Pro9.7
- F1 TV Pro VPN with excellent connectivity9.3
- Cheapest VPN to watch F1 TV Pro live races9.0
Why do you need a VPN to watch F1 TV Pro online?
Unfortunately, the Pro package of F1 TV is exclusive to a few countries, such as the United States, Austria, Canada, and the Netherlands. Other regions have access to slimmer versions of the service without the most coveted features, like race live streams. Of course, this isn’t an issue if you have a top-notch VPN, since this software lets you connect to a server in one of the licensed countries and watch the races live.
Another issue is that even if you can freely subscribe to the Direct F1 TV Pro plan, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re paying the best price. The cost of F1 TV Pro varies from country to country, with the Netherlands having the cheapest price currently. A VPN helps you purchase the subscription at a lower price tag.
Finally, some features of F1 TV Pro are only available in certain countries. It means that you might be missing out on some valuable race data, team radio chatter, and live timing information when the races are happening. However, with a VPN you’ll access these features even if you’re not technically in the region where they are available.
Keep in mind that not every service provider is capable of unblocking F1 TV Pro effectively. Plus, HD video streaming of races with a VPN requires excellent connection speeds. Otherwise, you’ll be stuck with extended loading times and laggy race broadcasts. Which is why we filtered out the poor choices and selected the best VPNs for watching Formula 1.
Best VPNs to watch F1 TV Pro live stream
- NordVPN – ultimate VPN to live stream F1 TV Pro races from anywhere
- Surfshark VPN – F1 TV Pro VPN with the largest country selection
- Atlas VPN – fast and affordable race VPN for all your F1 TV Pro streams
We tested 28 premium sports streaming VPN services to find which are the best for watching F1 TV Pro race live streams. The ones we listed here are equipped with the necessary features to guarantee a secure and frustration-free F1 TV live viewing experience. Benefits include fast connections, airtight security, and loads of servers in the US, Netherlands, and other regions where F1 TV Pro is available and cheaper.
Of course, that’s just scratching the surface. Each F1 TV Pro VPN has other unique features that could entice you to give it a shot. Read their overviews and choose a premium sports streaming service to unlock Formula 1 online stream.
1. NordVPN – the top F1 TV Pro VPN
24/7 live chat, Email
- Exceptionally fast with NordLynx
- Servers in F1 TV Pro countries
- SmartPlay for bypassing blocks
- Only six simultaneous connections
NordVPN is the best race VPN for unblocking F1 TV Pro live streams anywhere. The service commands an impressive fleet of 5800+ RAM-only servers across 60+ countries. And almost 2000 servers are located in the US and 200+ in the Netherlands for all your F1 race needs. Plus, connecting to any of them with the in-house NordLynx protocol ensures a smooth live streaming experience.
Subscribers can utilize NordVPN’s breakneck speeds to enjoy lag-free live 4K video playback on platforms like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, or ESPN, not just F1 TV Pro. Best of all, the provider offers apps for live streaming peripherals like Android TV and Amazon Fire TV. If not, you can use SmartPlay to bypass geo-blocks on practically any device you own.
Unblock F1 TV quickly and easily by signing to this VPN for only 68% less + 3 months free. You’ll get the best possible deals by using a NordVPN coupon code. And don’t forget that your subscription is protected with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so it’s risk-free.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN – VPN for F1 TV Pro with top-notch security
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Unlimited device connections
- Smart DNS for geo-block bypassing
- Cutting-edge security measures
- Some features cost extra
Security-conscious netizens will have an excellent F1 TV Pro online race watching experience with Surfshark VPN. It runs a fleet of 3200+ RAM-only servers in 100+ countries, including 600 servers in the US and plenty of connection points in the Netherlands. And top-notch connectivity, along with buffer-free videos, is guaranteed with the next-gen WireGuard tunneling protocol.
F1 TV Pro isn’t the only live-streaming platform you can unlock with Surfshark. The provider has no problem getting access to Netflix, Hulu, Hotstar, and plenty of others. And it comes with dedicated apps for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV for your convenience. Your device isn’t compatible with race VPN software? Smart DNS will take care of that.
Enjoy unrivaled security while watching F1 TV online by purchasing this VPN for 83% off, and get 3 extra months free. Massive discounts are guaranteed when providing a Surfshark coupon code at checkout. Plus, you can always reconsider, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. Atlas VPN – budget-friendly VPN to live stream F1 TV Pro
Email, tickets, FAQ
- WireGuard-fuelled speeds
- No device limit
- Dedicated streaming servers
- No router configuration
Atlas VPN is the most affordable race VPN for F1 TV Pro live stream in 2023. Its fleet consists of 1000+ servers across 42+ countries, with options to connect to 7 US cities and various servers in Amsterdam. Those wanting a seamless race viewing experience will benefit from dedicated live streaming servers, along with the great WireGuard performance.
Besides F1 TV Pro, Atlas VPN is a solid choice for unblocking other video platforms. We’re talking about Max, BBC iPlayer, YouTube TV, and other streaming platforms for watching online content. The cherry on top is that the service doesn’t limit simultaneous connections, so everyone in the household can watch anything they want.
Watch F1 TV Pro from anywhere for essentially pocket change with a massive 85% discount and 3 free months extra. The most exclusive deals are available via Atlas VPN discount codes. And, as always, a 30-day money-back guarantee has you covered in case the service doesn’t live up to the hype.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
How we tested these VPNs to watch F1 TV Pro
Servers in the US and the Netherlands (where Pro is cheaper) were an obvious consideration when putting together this list of race VPNs for F1 TV Pro. But besides that, we had to keep a fair number of other criteria in mind. Here’s an overview of the most crucial aspects when picking a VPN for Formula 1.
- Excellent performance. Like in F1 racing, VPNs need mind-blowing speeds to reach the top. Streaming-capable connectivity requires a combination of modern tunneling protocols and loads of servers to choose from. Our picks passed multiple VPN speed tests with flying colors.
- Device compatibility. Sports fans watch Formula 1 on various devices, not just computers and phones. As such, it’s best to choose a VPN with apps for streaming peripherals like Android TV or Amazon Fire TV. Alternatively, users can configure the VPN on a router and reap the numerous benefits on their entire home network.
- Security & privacy. While not a priority for sports fans, digital protection is still a necessity. Besides AES-256 encryption, a VPN should include a powerful kill switch and leak protection. The service itself should be trustworthy, too, with a no-logs policy to back it up.
- Reasonable price. Using a free VPN is unlikely to grant you access to F1 TV Pro from anywhere. However, your chances improve dramatically even with a cheap VPN provider. Just check for the essential features and locations we’ve covered before.
- Customer support. There’s no shame in visiting a pit stop when racing on F1 tracks. Similarly, VPN customers should also be able to get assistance from specialists when they need it. And since that could be anytime, we picked providers with 24/7 customer support.
Unsurprisingly, the best and most reliable F1 TV Pro VPN is NordVPN. It covers a lot of ground with the extensive server network, nets the best speed in the industry for a smooth viewing experience, and ensures access to any foreign content you want. Best of all, this service doesn’t cost much, saving your funds for the F1 TV Pro subscription.
NordVPN is the perfect VPN to watch F1 TV Pro streams. It has servers in all the right countries, superb speeds for smooth streaming, and top-notch security features for ultimate protection.
What is F1 TV and F1 TV Pro?
F1 TV is FIA Formula 1 World Championship’s dedicated live streaming platform for all things F1. It’s available in quite a number of countries worldwide and comes in two tiers. You can subscribe to F1 TV Access for $2.99/month and to F1 TV Pro for $9.99/month.
Both tiers include over 2000 hours of F1 footage, exclusive documentaries, archives of historic races, and live timing features. The key difference is that F1 TV Access doesn’t have live race streaming, only replays, and highlights.
On the other hand, F1 TV Pro unlocks many unique features, such as Grand Prix live streaming, onboard vehicle cameras, and access to the team radio chatter while the races are happening. Plus, you’ll receive Live timing with TV Access, which includes information when each racer passes each sector as well as live leaderboard data. And when there are no races on the horizon, you’ll be able to review replays, documentaries, and archive footage from the very first Formula races.
F1 TV Pro countries
F1 TV is the official platform for watching Formula 1, various documentaries, the Porsche Supercup, and much more. The list of supported countries includes over 80 regions, but that still leaves many fans without access to the ultimate race-viewing experience. Furthermore, not every country has access to the F1 TV Pro online tier.
|Only F1 TV Access||Australia, Bahrain, China, Egypt, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, UK, Vatican City|
|Includes F1 TV Pro and F1 TV Access||Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Canada, Caribbean Netherlands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
Changing your location with a VPN to any of the supported F1 TV Pro countries grants access to the complete set of features this tier offers. Of course, the list may also change over time, so check other sources to get the full picture.
How to watch F1 TV Pro from different countries
The F1 TV Pro subscription is only available in select licensed countries, such as the US, Sweden, the Netherlands, and New Zealand. If you’re traveling or live outside of these supported regions, like the UK, Japan, or Spain, you’ll have to use a VPN to bypass F1 TV Pro geographical restrictions. Here’s how to do it:
- Subscribe to a reliable F1 TV Pro VPN. Our top choice is NordVPN.
- Download the VPN app on your sports-watching device
- Connect to a country where F1 TV Pro is available, for example, the Netherlands
- Create a new F1 TV account or sign up for a free trial
- Tune into Formula 1 live races from anywhere!
F1 TV Pro is unavailable in countries like Australia and the UK. Therefore, fans from those locations require a VPN to access the best Formula race streaming platform. You’ll need to sign up to the VPN first so you can spoof your location when registering to F1 TV.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in the UK
F1 TV Pro is unavailable in the UK because of exclusive streaming rights by Sky. This leaves UK residents with two choices – sign up for Sky Sports, which is very expensive, or use a VPN to unlock F1 TV Pro live stream. The first option costs around £33.99/month, a bit too much considering the F1 TV Pro subscription is way cheaper. We suggest connecting to the Netherlands with a VPN and subscribing for only €7.99/month (or £6.96/month).
How to watch F1 TV Pro in the US
United States citizens have full access to Formula 1’s official streaming service, F1 TV Pro included. When subscribing, you can pick from two tiers according to your race watching needs – F1 TV Access ($2.99/month) or F1 TV Pro ($9.99/month).
F1 TV Access only includes highlights and on-demand replays, while F1 TV Pro additionally lets you stream every race live. The Pro package also includes several other perks we already covered previously.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in the Netherlands
The Netherlands is a great VPN location option for European and worldwide F1 fans alike. Residents can sign up for F1 TV Pro in this country for €7.99/month and live stream Formula 1 races from the get-go. Meanwhile, foreign users can use a VPN with Dutch servers and subscribe from anywhere.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in Australia
Australian citizens are barred from F1 TV Pro because Foxtel owns the rights to live stream Formula 1 races. That means you’ll need a cable connection with the Foxtel channel, a subscription to Foxtel GO, or a VPN for F1 TV Pro. Foxtel GO prices start around a whopping $50/month. If that seems too much, watch F1 TV Pro in Australia for $9.99/month or less by connecting to the US or the Netherlands.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in Italy
Italian residents can tune into live F1 races via Sky Italia, the local version of Sky Sports. The subscription costs around €29.90/month, making it one of the more expensive options out there. However, those with a reliable VPN can connect to a F1 TV Pro supported country and watch Formula 1 races much cheaper this way.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in Singapore
Singaporeans have one option for streaming F1 races live – BeIN Sports, which costs S$14.98/month. Which is a reasonable cost, however, there are multiple countries with direct F1 TV Pro access with much lower prices, like the Netherlands, Argentina, or even Canada.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in Japan
If you live in Japan, you only have access to the F1 TV Access tier, which means live races are off the table. But there’s still a way to get a F1 TV Pro subscription, and that’s with the help of a VPN. Simply connect to a licensed F1 TV Pro country, like the US, Netherlands, or Austria.
How to watch F1 TV Pro with a race VPN on different devices
F1 TV is compatible with a wide variety of devices. Similarly, VPNs can also be installed on many peripherals used for watching sports. However, combining the two isn’t always as straightforward as you might think. Here are some quick guides.
How to watch F1 TV Pro on PC
- Purchase a VPN compatible with your PC operating system. NordVPN works with Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Download the VPN application for your computer
- Connect to a country where F1 TV Pro is available, like the US
- Visit the F1 TV website and sign up for the Pro tier
- Watch Formula 1 races conveniently on your computer!
How to watch F1 TV Pro on mobile
- Subscribe to a VPN with Android and iOS support. Our go-to choice is NordVPN with streamlined mobile applications.
- Find and download the VPN app on the Google Play or Apple App Store
- Pick a server located in a country where F1 TV Pro is available, such as the US
- Revisit the app store and search for the F1 TV application
- Sign up or grab the F1 TV Pro free trial
- Watch Formula 1 races live stream no matter where you are!
How to watch F1 TV on Firestick
- Acquire a VPN that supports Amazon Fire TV devices. Our #1 recommendation is NordVPN, the best FireOS VPN.
- Download the VPN app on the Amazon Appstore
- Install the application and connect to a server suitable for F1 TV, such as the US
- Download the F1 TV app
- Log in and cheer for your favorite Formula 1 team!
How to watch F1 TV Pro on Roku
- Buy a VPN service that’s compatible with routers. Our top provider with easy router configuration is NordVPN.
- Manually install the VPN on your router and connect to an F1 TV Pro country
- Reset your Roku device and connect it to a TV on the router network
- Tune into the F1 TV channel and enjoy races live!
How to watch F1 on Apple TV
- Sign up for a router-compatible VPN. The best choice would be NordVPN, the #1 VPN service.
- Set up your home router with the VPN client. Then pick a server located in a region with F1 TV Pro support.
- Connect your Apple TV device to the newly-configured router network
- Change the channel to F1 TV and watch Formula 1 online!
How to watch F1 on Smart TV
- Acquire a reliable VPN with router support. Our top choice is NordVPN, available for 68% off.
- Follow the provider’s installation instructions for your home router
- Connect to a VPN server where F1 TV Pro is available
- Download the F1 TV app from the app store and create an account
- Cheer for your favorite F1 team live!
How to watch F1 TV on Xbox and PlayStation
- Purchase a VPN that’s configurable on routers. You’ll have no trouble setting up NordVPN.
- Install the VPN on your home router and set the USA as the location
- Ensure everything works by checking the IP address on a router-connected device
- Connect your Xbox or PlayStation to the freshly-secured network
- Download the F1 TV app from the app store
- Watch F1 TV online on your gaming console!
F1 schedule of 2023 Grand Prix races
|September 22-24||Japan||Suzuka Circuit|
|October 06-08||Qatar||Lusail Internation Circuit|
|October 20-22||USA||Circuit of the Americas|
|October 27-29||Mexico||Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez|
|November 03-05||Brazil||Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace Interlagos|
|November 16-18||Las Vegas (USA)||Las Vegas Street Circuit|
|November 24-26||Abu Dhabi||Yas Marina Circuit|
VPN not working with F1 TV Pro
Trying to watch Formula 1 races live, but the F1 TV VPN is not working with the platform? You’re likely getting the F1 TV Pro error message because your VPN traffic was identified and blocked by the streaming service. There are several ways you can try to fix this issue:
- Check for IP and DNS leaks. The very first thing you should do is check for IP address and DNS request leaks. These contain information about your actual whereabouts, so it’s best for them to stay hidden. Head to such pages as dnsleaktest.com and ipleak.net to test whether you’re exposed or not.
- Switch servers. If everything is airtight, it could be that your current VPN server’s IP address is blocked. Luckily, this is an easy fix – just switch to another server. But keep in mind that you might need to try this several times.
- Update your VPN software. You won’t go far without the latest and greatest updates to your equipment. Ensure your VPN and F1 TV software use the latest app version.
- Enable VPN masking. Turn on StealthVPN or use obfuscated servers to access F1 TV Pro. These are designed to mask VPN traffic and let you bypass VPN blocks. Hence, we strongly recommend using these tools if available.
- Reinstall TAP drivers. If you tried installing several VPN services on your router, these drivers likely got corrupted in the process. We recommend installing a fresh batch.
If the app is working and you’re connected to the correct country, but there’s no option to subscribe to Pro, try the web browser instead. There’s a known bug where the F1 application downloaded from the Play Store glitches out and doesn’t let users purchase the plan. Just remember to clear the cookies beforehand. After, you should be able to log into the application on mobile/tablet and watch live race streams.
And if the F1 TV application is unavailable on your tablet or phone, we recommend downloading the app from the official website via browser. Just be connected to a F1 TV supported region.
As for regular VPN problems, keep in mind that streaming services like F1 TV detect VPN IP addresses because they’re shared and used by multiple people simultaneously. However, you can avoid F1 TV Pro VPN not working by getting a service with a dedicated IP address. It prevents other VPN users from affecting your streaming experience.
Can you watch F1 TV Pro with a free race VPN?
Perhaps you’re interested in just one F1 Grand Prix and don’t need a long-term VPN subscription. In that case, you may be tempted to try out a free VPN. After all, there’s no shortage of options.
Unfortunately, this is a common train of thought, and thus, free VPN IP addresses are swiftly blocked by F1 TV and other streaming platforms. Additionally, many costless VPNs clearly state that their services don’t unblock geo-restricted content.
Besides that, you’ll also have to deal with other limitations, such as data caps, throttled connection speeds, and limited server options. Plus, picking the wrong free VPN provider results in your data getting siphoned and sold off.
If you really can’t commit monetarily, consider a free trial VPN. You’ll be temporarily granted premium benefits, allowing you to test the service with F1 TV Pro risk-free. And you’ll have access to plenty of countries that have cheaper F1 TV Pro subscriptions.
Watching Formula 1 races from anywhere is impossible without a well-performing VPN for F1 TV. Plus, you’ll need to change your country location to access the Pro version with its coveted features. And if you’re still unsure, don’t hesitate to utilize free versions, trials, and money-back guarantees.
You won’t need to take pit stops when using NordVPN, the #1 VPN for F1 TV Pro. It’s great at bypassing geo-blocks, super fast with NordLynx, and has plenty of servers in all the right countries, like the Netherlands. Plus, it doesn’t cost much, saving you money for the Pro tier subscription to watch live F1 races.
Did you subscribe to F1 TV Pro? How do you like it so far? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!
Is it legal to use a VPN with F1 TV Pro?
Yes, using a VPN is perfectly legal while watching F1 TV Pro. However, accessing the platform from restricted countries is against the Terms of Service. It’s unclear what the consequences are, but you won’t get discovered with the best VPNs for F1 TV Pro.
Does F1 TV Pro work with VPN?
Yes, F1 TV Pro works with VPNs. There are many providers to choose from, but you’ll have the best possible experience using our recommended F1 TV VPNs. That’s because these services have excellent connection speeds, loads of servers in supported countries, and solid device compatibility.
What is the best VPN for F1 TV Pro?
NordVPN is the best VPN for F1 TV Pro. It has over 5800 servers worldwide to access the geo-restricted streaming platform easily. Additionally, wicked-fast connections are conducted with the proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol. Plus, you can install the VPN on practically any device you own.
How to use a VPN with F1 TV Pro?
First, subscribe to a VPN with servers in F1 TV Pro supported countries. Then download the software on your preferred sports-viewing device. Once installed, connect to a server in one of the viable regions. Then you can visit the F1 TV website and sign up for the Pro version to watch live F1 races.
Can I watch F1 TV in another country?
Yes, you can watch F1 TV in another country using a reliable streaming VPN. This service can change your virtual location and unblock geo-restricted TV shows and movies. Plus, customers can install virtual private networks on popular home entertainment devices, such as Android TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Where is F1 TV available?
F1 TV has two packages, which are available in the US, France, the Netherlands, and a few other countries. The more popular package is F1 TV Access costing $3 a month or $27 a year and lets you watch highlights of the Grand Prix as well as replays of some of the best events with the same availability.
Is F1 TV Pro available in the US?
Yes, F1 TV Pro is available in the US. This F1 package is a premium subscription service that offers live coverage of every Formula 1 race of the season. Direct F1 TV Pro subscription is also available in the Netherlands, Austria, and a selection of other countries.
Can I watch F1 on Amazon Prime?
Yes. Amazon Prime Video has a range of sports channels, including NBC Sports and CBS All Access, which air some of the Formula 1 races. However, it’s still geo-blocked to the US, the Netherlands, and usual F1 TV Pro countries. However, you can grab a reliable sports-streamingVPN like NordVPN.
How to watch F1 in the UK without Sky?
Get a VPN and register to F1 TV Pro, and we recommend the best VPN for streaming live races, NordVPN. Just change the region on your device, and you can watch Formula 1 without Sky.