Formula 1 races take place all over the world on exotic race tracks and are an absolute spectacle to behold. However, viewers worldwide must rely on local sports broadcasters to tune into the races. This can include pricey cable deals, subpar video quality, and no live streams.
Thankfully, there’s an official online Formula 1 streaming option – F1 TV Pro. Sadly, it has its own fair share of issues. Namely, it’s geographically restricted and only available in certain regions.
However, this is not a problem if you have a VPN (Virtual Private Network). This software reroutes your web traffic through remote servers, hiding your IP address and making it appear that you reside elsewhere.
Read on to learn how to use a VPN to watch F1 TV Pro from anywhere.
How to watch F1 TV Pro live with a VPN
- Purchase an F1 TV Pro VPN with plenty of US servers. Our #1 recommendation is NordVPN, currently 68% off!
- Download the VPN app on your preferred F1-viewing device
- Connect to a server in the US to access F1 TV Pro
- Enjoy the complete F1 experience anywhere!
Best VPN for F1 TV Pro: shortlist
- The best VPN for F1 TV Pro9.7
- F1 TV Pro VPN with excellent connectivity9.3
- Low-cost and versatile VPN for F1 TV Pro9.0
- Cheapest F1 TV Pro VPN with a free version8.7
- F1 TV Pro VPN with unlimited connections8.5
Why do you need a VPN to watch F1 TV Pro online?
Most viewers are fine with watching Formula 1 through local sports broadcasting channels. It gives a run-of-the-mill experience with commentary in their native language.
On the other hand, the biggest Formula 1 fans should definitely try F1 TV Pro. This streaming service unlocks many unique features, such as Grand Prix live streaming, onboard vehicle cameras, and access to the team radio chatter. Plus, you’ll receive live timing information when each racer passes each sector. And when there are no races on the horizon, you’ll be able to review replays, documentaries, and archive footage from the very first Formula races.
Unfortunately, the Pro package of F1 TV is exclusive to a few countries, such as the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands. Other regions have access to slimmer versions of the service without the most coveted features. Or worse, some can’t watch Formula 1 online at all.
Viewers can solve all of these problems with a top-notch VPN for F1 TV Pro. Fans can use such a service to change their virtual location and unlock geographically restricted content. Additionally, the same technology grants privacy and security by enclosing your web traffic in a layer of encryption.
Keep in mind that not every service provider is capable of unblocking F1 TV Pro effectively. Plus, HD video streaming with a VPN requires excellent connection speeds. Otherwise, you’ll be stuck with extended loading times and laggy broadcasts. Which is why we filtered out the poor choices and selected five VPNs for F1 TV Pro.
Best VPNs to watch F1 TV Pro online
These providers are equipped with the necessary features to guarantee a secure and frustration-free F1 TV viewing experience. Benefits include:
- Fast connections with modern tunneling protocols
- Airtight security thanks to kill switches and leak protection
- Loads of servers in the United States and other countries
- Support for multiple simultaneous connections
- Compatibility with popular work and entertainment devices
- 24/7 customer support via live chat
Of course, that’s just scratching the surface. Each F1TV Pro VPN has other unique features that could entice you to give it a shot. Read through their overviews and choose one that best fits your needs.
1. NordVPN – the top F1 TV Pro VPN
24/7 live chat, Email
- Exceptionally-fast with NordLynx
- Independently-audited and secure
- Loads of servers to access geo-blocked content
- No router app
NordVPN is the reigning champion of unblocking F1 TV Pro anywhere. It’s packed with worldwide servers, solid security features, and provides wicked-fast connections. Take it for a spin using the 7-day NordVPN trial on the Google Play Store.
Firstly, the service commands an impressive fleet of over 5500 servers across 59+ countries. Connecting to any of them with the proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocols yields unparalleled upload and download speeds. Plus, you can use obfuscated servers to enhance your digital privacy even further.
NordVPN customers can utilize the service’s breakneck speeds to enjoy 4K video streaming on services like Netflix, DAZN, or ESPN. Naturally, the wide-reaching server network unblocks even the most stubborn geo-restricted content. Best of all, the service has apps for streaming devices like Android TV and Amazon Fire TV. If not, you can use SmartPlay to alter DNS settings on practically any other device.
Unblock F1 TV quickly and easily by signing to this VPN for only $2.99/month. You’ll get the best possible deals by using a NordVPN coupon code. And don’t forget that your subscription is protected with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN – VPN for F1 TV with excellent security
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Unlimited device connections
- 100% RAM-only server technology
- Cutting-edge security features
- Some features cost extra
Security-conscious netizens will have the best online experience with Surfshark VPN. It’s great for keeping your data protected while unblocking region-exclusive content like F1 TV Pro. See for yourself with the Surfshark 7-day free trial.
Surfshark VPN runs a wide-reaching array of 3200+ servers in 100+ countries. All hardware uses RAM-only technology to ensure excellent user data integrity. Meanwhile, top-notch connectivity is guaranteed with the modern and open-source WireGuard tunneling protocol.
This VPN provides an ad-free and spotless browsing experience using CleanWeb. Meanwhile, digital restrictions are taken down by enabling NoBorders and Camouflage modes. Customers can further enhance their digital protection by grabbing the Surfshark One package, which adds antivirus protection and data breach monitoring.
Enjoy unrivaled security while watching F1 TV by purchasing this VPN for $1.99/month. Massive discounts are guaranteed when providing a Surfshark coupon code at checkout. Plus, you can always reconsider, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PrivateVPN – streaming-focused F1 TV VPN
24/7 live chat
- 7-day free trial
- Great for streaming and torrenting
- Diverse selection of features
- Lacks WireGuard
Frugal sports fans can cover all their F1 TV needs with PrivateVPN. The service is a great balance of affordability and reliability in various scenarios.
PrivateVPN can do much with a relatively-small network of 200+ servers in 63+ countries. Although it lacks WireGuard, it makes up for it by combining the OpenVPN tunneling protocol with High Quality Network. The latter is the practice of purchasing internet capacity directly from service providers rather than intermediaries.
Customers can use one PrivateVPN account to protect up to 10 different devices simultaneously. If that’s not enough, you can set up the VPN manually on a router. Then all network-connected devices gain the benefits of a virtual private network. For example, everyone in your household will be able to watch geo-restricted content and browse privately without worrying about device limits.
Get started and subscribe for only $2.00/month. The best possible savings are unlocked using Private VPN coupon codes. Best of all, each purchase is insured with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
4. Atlas VPN – budget-friendly freemium VPN for F1 TV Pro
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Free version with US servers
- Limitless connections
- Affordable and well-performing
- No router configuration
Atlas VPN is the most affordable option for F1 TV Pro and even has the potential to unlock it at no cost using the free version. Surprisingly, the low subscription cost doesn’t come with performance issues either.
First off, the Atlas VPN fleet consists of 750+ servers across 37+ countries. The apps include a special streaming server category for convenient access to the most optimal choices for particular countries. Plus, you won’t run into any lag or stuttering issues, thanks to the WireGuard tunneling protocol.
Besides streaming F1 TV, Atlas VPN is a solid choice for digital anonymity. For starters, SafeBrowse blocks ads, trackers, and other nuisances from following you around the web. Additionally, SafeSwap can periodically alter your IP address without interrupting the VPN connection.
Access the complete package for a paltry sum of $1.64/month. The most exclusive deals are available via Atlas VPN discount codes. And, as always, a 30-day money-back guarantee has you covered.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
5. IPVanish – F1 TV Pro VPN with malware protection
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- Unlimited connections
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- VIPRE antivirus software
- No anonymous payment methods
IPVanish is a jack-of-all-trades VPN for F1 TV with excellent security measures and reliable privacy practices. It provides a good balance of features for any use case.
In terms of servers, IPVanish is responsible for 2000+ across 50+ countries. The provider owns the entire bare-metal fleet and guarantees minimal downtime. Plus, connection quality won’t be a problem with WireGuard.
One IPVanish account permits unlimited simultaneous connections. This is perfect if you need well-rounded digital protection for your friends and family. Specifically, the independently-audited no-logs policy guarantees confidentiality. On the other hand, VIPRE antivirus software protects against a wide range of different malicious files.
Enjoy top-notch protection by signing up for $3.99/month. While there’s no trial option, you can test the service risk-free, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee. And don’t forget to use an IPVanish coupon code at checkout.
For a deeper investigation of IPVanish, read our IPVanish review.
How we selected the top VPNs for F1 TV Pro
Servers in America were an obvious consideration when putting together this list of VPNs for F1 TV Pro. But besides that, we had to keep a fair number of other criteria in mind. Here’s an overview of the most crucial aspects when picking virtual private networks for Formula 1.
- Speed. Like in F1 racing, VPNs need mind-blowing speeds to reach the top. Streaming-capable connectivity requires a combination of a modern tunneling protocol and loads of servers to choose from. That way, traffic congestion will be minimal when many customers use a VPN.
- Servers. As mentioned above, a wide-reaching selection of servers provides fast downloads to users across the globe. Plus, a diverse fleet grants access to more geo-restricted exclusive content.
- Compatibility. Sports fans watch Formula 1 on various devices, not just computers and mobile phones. As such, it’s best to choose a VPN with apps for popular home entertainment devices like Android TV or Amazon Fire TV. Alternatively, users can install the VPN on a router and reap the numerous benefits on their entire home network.
- Security. While not a priority for sports fans, digital protection is still a necessity. Besides encryption, a VPN should provide bonus features against malicious ads, online trackers, and virus-infected files.
- Privacy. Solid security features are a precursor to reliable privacy protection. Still, absolute confidentiality is ensured by picking VPNs outside Five Eyes’ jurisdiction and with independent zero-logs policy audits.
- Price. Using a free VPN with US servers is unlikely to grant you access to F1 TV Pro from anywhere. However, your chances improve dramatically even with a cheap VPN provider. Just check for the essential features we’ve covered before.
- Customer support. There’s no shame in visiting a pit stop when racing on F1 tracks. Similarly, VPN customers should also be able to get assistance from specialists when they need it. And since that could be anytime, we picked providers with 24/7 customer support.
F1 TV Pro supported countries
F1 TV is the official platform for watching Formula 1, various documentaries, the Porsche Mobil Supercup, and much more. The list of F1 TV Pro countries includes over 40 regions, but that still leaves many fans without access to the ultimate race-viewing experience.
|F1 TV Pro supported countries|
|Argentina, Anguilla, Antigua And Barbuda, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Canada, Caribbean Netherlands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Germany, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Romania, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Serbia, Sint Maarten, Slovenia, South Tyrol, Switzerland, Trinidad And Tobago, Turkey, Turks And Caicos Islands, Ukraine, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela|
Changing your location with a VPN to any of these countries grants access to the complete set of features F1 TV Pro offers. Of course, the list may also change over time, so check other sources to get the full picture.
How to watch F1 TV Pro from different countries
- Subscribe to a reliable F1 TV VPN. Our top choice is NordVPN
- Download the VPN app on your sports-watching device
- Connect to a country where F1 TV Pro is available, for example, the United States
- Create a new F1TV account or sign up for a free trial
- Tune into Formula 1 races from anywhere!
F1 TV Pro is unavailable in countries like Australia and the UK. Therefore, fans from those locations require a VPN to access the best Formula streaming platform. You’ll need to sign up to the VPN first so you can spoof your location when registering to F1TV.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in the UK
F1TV Pro is unavailable in the UK because of exclusive streaming rights by Sky. This leaves UK residents with two choices – sign up for Sky Sports or use a VPN to unlock F1 TV Pro. The first option costs around £33.99/month, while the second costs $9.99/month, plus the price of your chosen VPN provider.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in Australia
Australian citizens are barred from F1 TV Pro because Foxtel owns the rights to stream Formula 1 races. That means you’ll need a cable connection with the Foxtel channel, a subscription to Foxtel GO, or a VPN for F1 TV Pro. Foxtel GO prices start around a whopping $50/month. If that seems too much, watch F1 TV Pro in Australia for $9.99/month with the help of a VPN.
How to watch F1 TV Pro in the Netherlands
The Netherlands are a great VPN location option for European F1 fans. Users can sign up for F1 TV Pro in this country for €7.99/month without the need for a VPN. Meanwhile, foreign users can use a virtual private network with Dutch servers and subscribe from anywhere.
How to watch F1 TV pro with a VPN on different devices
F1 TV is compatible with a wide variety of devices. Similarly, VPNs can also be installed on many devices used for watching sports. However, combining the two isn’t always as straightforward as you might think. That’s why we wrote a few guides on how to get started watching F1 TV Pro with a VPN on different types of devices.
Check your VPN provider’s website for guides if your particular device isn’t covered. The most common methods of unblocking geo-restricted content on unsupported devices include setting up the VPN on a router or utilizing Smart DNS.
How to watch F1 TV Pro on PC with a VPN
- Purchase a VPN compatible with your desktop operating system. NordVPN is compatible with all of them
- Download the VPN application for your personal computer
- Connect to a country where F1 TV Pro is available
- Visit the F1TV website and sign up
- Watch Formula 1 conveniently on your computer!
How to watch F1 TV Pro on Android with a VPN
- Subscribe to an Android-friendly VPN service. My go-to choice is NordVPN
- Find and download the VPN app on the Google Play Store
- Enable a VPN connection through a country where F1 TV Pro is available
- Revisit the app store and search for the F1 TV application
- Sign up or grab the F1 TV free trial
- Watch Formula 1 races live no matter where you are!
How to watch F1 TV Pro on iOS or iPad with a VPN
- Pick a VPN with mobile apps for Apple devices. I recommend NordVPN, the best VPN for mobile devices
- Search for your provider’s VPN app on the Apple App Store and download it
- Open the app and connect to a server with support for F1 TV Pro
- Head back to the app store and search for the F1 TV app
- Download it, sign up, and tune into the fastest races on the planet!
How to watch F1 TV on Firestick with a VPN
- Acquire a VPN that supports Amazon Fire TV devices. Our #1 recommendation is NordVPN, the best FireOS VPN
- Boot up your device and search for the VPN app on the Amazon Appstore
- Install the virtual private network and connect to a server suitable for F1 TV
- Download the F1 TV app
- Log in and cheer for your favorite Formula 1 team!
How to watch F1 TV Pro on Roku with a VPN
- Buy a VPN service that’s compatible with routers. I’d go with NordVPN
- Configure your home router with an F1 TV country according to the provider’s guidelines
- Reset your Roku and connect it to a TV on the router network
- Tune into the F1 TV channel and enjoy!
How to watch F1 on Apple TV with a VPN
- Sign up for a router-compatible VPN. The best choice would be NordVPN, the #1 VPN service
- Set up your home router with a VPN connection in a F1 TV supported region
- Connect your Apple TV device to the newly-configured router network
- Change the channel to F1 TV and watch Formula 1!
How to watch F1 on Xbox with a VPN
- Purchase a VPN that’s configurable on routers. You’ll have no trouble setting up NordVPN
- Install the VPN on your home router and set the USA as the location
- Ensure everything works by checking the IP address on a router-connected device
- Connect your Xbox to the network
- Download the F1 TV app from the Xbox store
- Watch F1 TV on your gaming console!
VPN not working with F1 TV Pro
It is known that F1 TV tries to restrict VPN traffic. As such, you may run into roadblocks when trying to access the streaming platform abroad. However, VPN providers do their fair share to curb this problem. Plus, there are a lot of potential solutions you can try.
- Check for IP and DNS leaks. The very first thing you should do is check for location leakage. That means visiting a website like dnsleakstest.com and checking if your actual IP address isn’t exposed.
- Switch servers. If everything is airtight, it could be that your current VPN server’s IP address is blocked. Luckily, this is an easy fix – just switch to another server.
- Update your VPN software. You won’t go far without the latest and greatest updates to your equipment. Ensure your VPN and F1 TV software use the latest app version.
- Enable VPN masking. There’s an unlikely chance that the F1 TV service is detecting VPN traffic. In that case, you’ll need to enable Stealth VPN features to bypass VPN blocks.
Streaming services like F1 TV detect VPN IP addresses because they’re shared and used by multiple people simultaneously. However, you can avoid this issue by getting a VPN with a dedicated IP address and preventing others from affecting your streaming experience.
Can you watch F1 TV Pro with a free VPN?
Perhaps you’re interested in just one F1 Grand Prix and don’t need a long-term VPN subscription. In that case, you may be tempted to try out a free VPN with US servers. After all, there’s no shortage of options, and potential customers can create a free F1 TV Pro account using the trial offer.
Unfortunately, this is a common train of thought, and thus, free VPN IP addresses are swiftly blocked by F1 TV and other streaming platforms. Additionally, many costless VPNs clearly state that their services don’t unblock geo-restricted content.
Besides that, you’ll also have to deal with other limitations, such as data caps, throttled connection speeds, and limited server options. Plus, picking the wrong free VPN provider results in your data getting siphoned and sold off.
If you really can’t commit monetarily, consider a free trial VPN. You’ll be temporarily granted premium benefits, allowing you to test the service with F1 TV Pro risk-free.
Watching Formula 1 races from anywhere is impossible without a well-performing VPN for F1 TV. Plus, you’ll need to change your country location to access the Pro version with its coveted features. And if you’re still unsure, don’t hesitate to utilize free versions, trials, and money-back guarantees.
You won’t need to take pit stops when using NordVPN, the #1 VPN for F1 TV Pro. Subscribe and watch Formula 1 without restrictions.
Did you subscribe to F1 TV Pro? How do you like it so far? And do you use a VPN while watching F1 races? Share your tips with other readers!
You may also like to read:
Best VPN for streaming sports
How to watch ICC T20 World Cup
How to watch Sky Sports in USA
How to watch ESPN anywhere
How to stream UFC live
How to watch CBS online
How to watch American TV abroad
Is it legal to use a VPN with F1 TV Pro?
Yes, using a VPN is perfectly legal while watching F1 TV Pro. However, accessing the platform from restricted countries is against the terms of service. It’s unclear what the consequences are, but you won’t get discovered with the best VPNs for F1 TV Pro.
Does F1 TV Pro work with VPN?
Yes, F1 TV Pro works with VPN services. There are many providers to choose from, but you’ll have the best possible experience using our recommended F1 TV VPNs. That’s because these services have excellent connection speeds, loads of servers in supported countries, and solid device compatibility.
What is the best VPN for F1 TV Pro?
NordVPN is the best VPN for F1 TV Pro. It has over 5500 servers worldwide to access the geo-restricted streaming platform easily. Additionally, wicked-fast connections are conducted with the proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol. Plus, you can install the VPN on practically any device you own.
How to use a VPN with F1 TV Pro?
First, subscribe to a VPN with servers in F1 TV Pro supported countries. Then download the software on your preferred sports-viewing device. Once installed, connect to a server in one of the viable regions. Then you can visit the F1 TV website and sign up for the Pro version or grab the free trial.
Can I watch F1 TV in another country?
Yes, you can watch F1 TV in another country using a reliable streaming VPN. This service can change your virtual location and unblock geo-restricted TV shows and movies. Plus, customers can install virtual private networks on popular home entertainment devices, such as Android TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Can I watch F1 TV Pro online for free?
Yes, technically, it’s possible to watch F1 TV pro online for free, albeit temporarily. You can do so by using the available F1 TV free trial. If the service is unavailable in your country, you’ll also need a free trial VPN. Combine these, and you have no-cost access to F1 TV.