Are you an Amazon Firestick owner with worries about security and privacy? If so, our guide to adding IPVanish on Firestick devices is a must-read. This leading VPN provides protection for streamers and enhances choice. So read on to discover more about what IPVanish delivers, and how to add it to your Firestick.
Why would you install IPvanish on Firestick devices?
Amazon’s Firestick is a powerful streaming tool. Designed to plug into Smart TVs, it contains a processor, an Android-based OS, and comes with a voice-activated remote. When you fire it up, the Firestick provides access to a huge array of Amazon-hosted entertainment, including TV, movies, and games. So it’s a great thing to have in your home.
However, there can be some problems with using Amazon Firestick. For one thing, if you want to access Netflix, you will face the familiar issue of geo-blocking. Netflix limits access to some content, depending on where you are. This can be frustrating, especially when popular shows are locked away.
As a leading VPN, IPVanish offers a workaround for this annoying problem, allowing you to watch whatever you want, wherever you happen to be. And it has other benefits too. With strong encryption, it ensures that your streaming activities are totally private. That can be handy if you use your Firestick to access services like Kodi, which can be targeted by copyright holders.
What makes IPVanish a good option for Firestick users?
IPVanish is well-suited to protecting your Firestick viewing. Along with 256-bit AES encryption and full P2P support, it is tailored for Kodi usage, has zero bandwidth limits, boasts lightning-fast servers, and doesn’t keep any user logs.
So there are plenty of excellent reasons to install IPVanish on Firestick devices. However, many users choose not to do so. Why? Because while using VPNs on computers and smartphones is relatively simple, some extra steps are needed to install IPVanish on Firestick or other smart devices.
But don’t worry. The installation process isn’t too complex for ordinary TV owners. Just follow these steps, and you’ll be able to defeat geo-blocking and safeguard your viewing with ease.
How you can add IPVanish on Firestick: a user’s guide
Before starting, it’s important to note one key fact: IPVanish will not work with first-generation Amazon Firesticks. The first generation appeared in 2014 and has been succeeded by a couple of newer versions, so it’s advisable to update your streaming device anyway. Be aware that if you choose not to upgrade, adding a VPN will be very tough.
Anyhow, let’s get back to our guide on how to install IPVanish on firestick versions 2 or 3.
- Firstly, you’ll need to purchase an IPVanish subscription. It makes sense to buy a longer-term package, as the price drops considerably for 1-year or 2-year deals. And remember, there’s a 7-day money-back guarantee, so if you aren’t happy with IPVanish, you can claim your cash back with no problems.
- When you have made your purchase, load up your Firestick until you reach the device’s main menu. Now, head to the Apps option, located in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Next, choose the Categories option, followed by the Utility button (located in the bottom left).
- This calls up a menu with various apps that can be used with the Amazon Firestick. As you’ll notice, when you scroll across, the list includes IPVanish. Click on the IPVanish button.
- On the next screen, you should see a Get button. Clicking this will start the IPVanish client download.
- When the download is complete, the Get button should change to Open. Press this button to open up your newly downloaded client.
- You’re not done quite yet, though. Before you can enjoy the services provided by IPVanish on Firestick, you’ll need to add your IPVanish username and password. When that’s done, press the large green Login button.
Now, you’ll see a list of servers. Choose a location that suits your requirements and press Connect.
At this stage, IPVanish will engage full VPN protection for every app on your Amazon Firestick. Any data which is sent from your device or that you receive will be fully encrypted. Nobody will be able to tell which streams you load, or what shows you watch.
Will you encounter any problems if you install IPVanish on Firestick devices?
So far, it all sounds pretty simple. Just follow the guide above, and reliable VPN protection is assured.
Well, in many cases, that’s the case. IPVanish has a strong reputation for fitting into Firestick configurations, and it’s one of the best VPNs around for protecting your streaming activities (that’s why we’ve featured it here).
But no VPN is perfect, and sometimes problems arise.
For example, you might find that speeds are reduced, making it hard to enjoy the content you love. This isn’t necessarily only the fault of IPVanish, though. It may also be related to wireless signal strength. If you move your Firestick or router to be closer together, the issue can sometimes be resolved.
If reliability issues arise, you may want to clear the IPVanish app cache. This generally results in a performance boost, and it’s easy to do:
- On the Firestick home page, choose Settings and then Applications.
- Choose Manage Installed Applications and scroll across to find the IPVanish app.
- On the IPVanish menu, choose Force Stop and then the Clear Data and Clear Cache options.
- Now, restart your Firestick device via the Device menu on the Settings page
- When the Firestick has rebooted, the IPVanish cache will be clear, and you should notice improved speeds
Failing that, you can always contact the support team at IPVanish. In-depth support is a selling point of the VPN, and their help hub should provide the answers you need.
Install IPVanish on Firestick to make streaming totally safe
Don’t take any risks when using Amazon Firestick apps. If you intend to stream content from worldwide platforms or use P2P-based apps, you need to install a high-quality VPN. With its excellent encryption, support, apps, and speed, IPVanish is the ideal option to choose.