If you’re a passionate Kodi user, we’re sure that you’re always on the lookout for the next best Kodi add-on. If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place. This step-by-step guide will show you how to install Covenant add-on on Kodi.
How to install Covenant add-on on Kodi
Okay, let’s get to what you really want to know, and that’s how to install Covenant on Kodi. Here’s our helpful step-by-step guide along with the screenshots that’ll make this process as comfortable as possible:
- Launch the Kodi app and open the cog-shaped Settings menu.
- Open the File Manager button (the one in the picture).
- Select Add Source button.
- When you click the button, a box will pop up. Just choose <None>.
- A new menu will appear that will ask you to enter the path name or a URL address. Just type http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/ into the box exactly as shown and click OK.
- Put Kodil in the media source name. To install Covenant on Kodi correctly, make sure you name the source exactly as shown. Once done, just click OK.
- Head back to the main menu by pressing the backspace key on your keyboard several times. Then, enter the Add-ons menu and open the package installer (the icon on the top left as shown below).
- Select the Install from Zip File option.
- Locate and select Kodil, open Kodil.zip, and click OK. The Covenant installation will start.
- After the installation is complete, head back to the main menu by pressing backspace. Click Add-ons, and select the package installer as you’ve done several steps before. Only this time, select the Install from Repository option. Choose Kodil Repository and click Video Add-ons.
- Scroll down and look for Covenant, then click on the name.
- Click Install to begin the automatic download. Once the download is finished, you’ll be prompted to install Covenant on Kodi.
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed Covenant on Kodi! Now sit back and enjoy all the best media Covenant can offer, or continue reading for some Covenant tips & tricks.
Covenant for Kodi: an in-depth look
Add-ons for Kodi are usually focused on certain types of content, and the situation isn’t any different with Covenant. This add-on is focused on movies and TV shows, actively scraping the Web for the latest streaming links. And since it relies on many reliable sources, you shouldn’t encounter any slow-streaming titles.
The best way to make you familiar with the Covenant add-on on Kodi is by explaining what kinds of content and features you can expect:
- Movies: when you install Covenant, the first content category you’ll see is related to movies. There are 15 different ways to browse the available selection. For example, you can preview sub-categories such as genres, most popular, most voted, Oscar winners, languages, new movies, and plenty more.
- TV Shows: everything we said in the previous paragraph applies to this category as well. We’d like to highlight that you can quickly catch the latest episodes by browsing TV networks as well as by dates.
- My Movies & My TV Shows: well, here’s a handy feature. Covenant lets you use your Trakt and IMDb account to easily import your lists of favorites. As such, this is an excellent way to create custom lists and keep track of the movies and TV shows you watch.
- New Movies & New Episodes: don’t have the time to dive into Covenant’s comprehensive sub-categories? Not a problem! You can quickly check the latest available movies and TV shows right from the add-on’s home screen.
- Channels: for some time now, this category has been experimental. It was designed to bring a selection of movies premiering on popular TV channels such as HBO. However, we have to say that this content category isn’t the most reliable at all times.
- Tools: unlike other add-ons, Covenant gives you complete control of how you use this addon. You can easily fine-tune your user experience, add subtitles, authorize Trakt/IMDb accounts, and more.
- Search: You don’t have to manually search Covenant’s massive library. Using this handy option, you can easily find a specific title and instruct the add-on to scrape the Web for streaming sources.
What kind of content does Covenant offer?
It’s safe to say that this Kodi add-on can bring pretty much any movie or TV show that’s available online. As such, it caters to an incredibly broad range of users.
When it comes to movies, there’s a dozen of ways to find something interesting. Aside from the latest blockbusters, Covenant offers a convenient way to dive into what’s on offer. You can keep yourself entertained by taking a look at curated collections. And you can make sure your kids have something to watch by diving into hundreds of available cartoons.
The same applies to TV shows. You can search for a specific title or just browse the selection based on dates. And interestingly enough, Covenant provides access to foreign TV shows, which is an excellent way to expand your options.
How to get the most out of Covenant?
A few important things need to be said about this addon. Most importantly, you need to understand that Covenant is an unofficial Kodi addon. Let’s take a look at what this actually means.
Being an unofficial addon, Covenant comes from a Web-based repository. This means that to install Covenant on Kodi, you need to know where to find it online. We can’t stress enough the fact that you need to use a reliable repository to install Covenant. That’s because you can easily get infected with malware since there are many malware-ridden clones out there. So, be always on the lookout when installing unofficial add-ons.
Once you install Covenant on Kodi using our step-by-step guide, there’s plenty you can do to fine-tune your user experience. We highly recommend you to import your Trakt/IMDb account, which makes it easier to create custom lists. These services are also designed to provide personalized recommendations, so you’ll always have something interesting to watch.
Here’s one more additional tip for you. When browsing available titles, you can right-click on any movie or TV show found within Covenant. Then, you’ll see a drop-down menu letting you add that particular title to your favorites – so you can easily come back and stream it anytime.
And lastly, you might find that some titles can’t be streamed. This depends on where in the world you’re located and if your ISP is throttling your Web traffic. However, an easy solution to this is to utilize a VPN application (more on that later on).
Are there any alternatives to Covenant?
One of the best things about Kodi is that you can find thousands of add-ons out there. However, many of those don’t work as advertised, and they can be blocked in certain countries. This also applies to the Covenant add-on for Kodi.
If you’d like to explore other options, we have a few suggestions for you. Concerning movies, we recommend checking out add-ons named Midian and Wolf Pack. And when it comes to TV shows, you can’t find a better pick than The Magic Dragon.
And lastly, you should know that there’s a clone of Covenant called Exodus. These two add-ons share the same code and they look close to identical. However, they rely on different Web sources, which why it’s good to have them both installed.
Can Covenant be blocked by ISPs?
Individual Internet Service Providers (ISPs) target Kodi users by throttling their Web connection speeds. This can make it close to impossible to stream video files using Covenant or any other Kodi add-on.
In general, ISPs from the United Kingdom, Australia, and the United States are leading the pack. They have the means to detect your Web activity since they are already actively monitoring what you do online. If they catch you using Kodi, they will make your connection slower.
If you read this article in its entirety, you will learn about the most effective way of fighting against ISP-imposed throttling. We’re talking about Virtual Private Network applications that prevent anyone from snooping on what you do online.
Why should you use a VPN?
Virtual Private Networks are the biggest ally to any Kodi user. During the last few years, they have become incredibly powerful. Here’s what you need to know about this type of software.
First and foremost, VPNs encrypt all your incoming and outgoing Web traffic. This means that your ISP provider won’t be able to see what you do online. Hence, they won’t be able to throttle the speed of your Web connection if they find you using Kodi.
Next, VPNs are an effective way to unblock content. When you use the Covenant add-on for Kodi, you’ll see that some titles won’t be available since they are geo-blocked. When you connect to a remote VPN server, you get a new IP address along the way – which unblocks previously inaccessible content.
Finally, VPNs are designed to prevent any unauthorized access. They keep hackers at bay, and they also minimize your chances of getting infected with malware. This is why it’s often said that using a VPN is imperative if you frequently connect to different Wi-Fi hotspots, especially public ones.
Check out our list of Best VPNs for Kodi will protect your privacy and security while streaming.
- Launch the Kodi app and open the cog-shaped Settings menu.