VPN cost can be a major factor when choosing a VPN service. Therefore, you’d better be up-to-date with the latest VPN deals, special offers, promo codes, and VPN coupon codes. But you won’t only find the best VPN sales here – you’ll also learn how to discover the best deals and how to recognize fake ones.
How to find VPN deals and coupon codes
- Official website: If there’s a special deal available, you’ll likely find it right there on the home page or the pricing page. Apart from that, it’s also possible to find a link at the bottom or get one from the Support page (e.g., live chat support) to redirect you to a dedicated coupon page.
- Search the web: it’s possible to find official VPN deals and coupons on the net if you run a web search using Google or any other main engines. You might find sponsored ads at the top of the search results redirecting you to specific official VPN deals and coupon code pages.
- Affiliate websites: there are many VPN reviewer and related websites that offer all kinds of special deals and coupon codes for numerous VPN services. Make sure you visit a reliable one though.
- Coupon pages: although most of them may be fake or malicious, there are many reliable coupon pages as well. These can offer several different coupons that may still work, though most of them could be invalid.
- Referral programs: this is an alternative way to get an indirect discount. Also known as refer-a-friend programs, these are an easy way to get a few extra months for free. The referral program can be limited to three friends a year, but you may get lucky with a “refer as many friends as you can” policy too.
How to identify fake coupon codes
Of course, the internet is not only a source of good and beneficial information. In fact, it’s swarming with malicious and deceitful websites waiting for their next victim. Therefore, it’s only logical that you’ll find all kinds of fake VPN coupon codes promoted on shady websites.
In any case, there’s no harm in entering these codes on the purchase page to see what happens.
If you want to stay safe, protect your computer with an anti-malware program. But you can also survive if you make sure you avoid malicious websites. Don’t just click on any link in the web search results list. Only visit trustworthy websites.
Nevertheless, even if you land on a reliable coupon site, chances are most of the coupon codes won’t work at all. They have either never worked in the first place or become invalid over time. In any case, there’s no harm in entering these codes on the purchase page to see what happens.
If the code is fake or invalid, you’ll know as soon as you click the Apply button.