UPDATE: Both Genesis and Genesis Reborn have been discontinued.
There are hundreds of add-ons for Kodi, both official and unofficial. However, there’s only a handful that Kodi users consider essential. And, as you can imagine, Genesis Reborn is one of those add-ons.
Third-party Kodi extensions come in all shapes and sizes. They can let you maintain Kodi, enjoy your subscription-based services, or even transform Kodi into the ultimate streaming machine. However, Genesis Reborn is something else entirely.
This add-on is designed to be as simple as possible while bringing a vast library of content. We’re talking about movies and TV shows with plenty of working links, which is always a pleasant surprise. In other words, this is a very simple-to-use, yet highly powerful add-on.
We’re sure you can’t wait to get your hands on Genesis Reborn. So, let’s talk what to expect from it, as well as how to install Genesis Reborn on Kodi.
Introducing – Genesis Reborn add-on for Kodi
Genesis Reborn acts as a gateway to media files scattered across the Web. You can think of it as a search engine within Kodi, giving you easy access to hundreds of files. It’s up to you to find something interesting to watch, click on that link, and the add-on will do the rest of the job.
In case you’d like to learn what kinds of content you can expect, carefully read the following segment. We are going to explain various content categories present on the add-on’s main menu.
- Movies: The first prominent category is about (you guessed it) movies. What you’ll find in there is going to astound you. You can filter movies by genres, popularity, box office performance, year of release, actors, and more.
- TV Shows: Just like with the previous category, Genesis Reborn brings a really nice way to find something to watch. This includes organizing the available titles by TV networks, popularity, and other people’s favorites. There’s also a handy feature called ‘TV Guide’ that lets you quickly check the latest episodes by dates.
- Trakt & IMDb: In case you have an account associated with either of these two services, you can easily connect them to Genesis Reborn. This automatically pulls your lists of favorites, and you can keep track of the movies and TV shows that you’ve watched.
- New Movies & New TV Shows: Don’t have the time to find something manually? Interested in watching something that’s released not too long ago? Well, then this category is what you’re looking for.
- Tools & Search: Finally, take a look at the bottom of the main menu if you’d like to dive deeper into Genesis. You will get to set up subtitles, add your Trakt/IMDb accounts, resolve common problems – and you can search for something specific as well.
Genesis Reborn is known for adding new things to its main menu, so expect to see some other content categories as well. However, everything we told you until now is something you can expect. These are the basics of what makes Genesis Reborn such a nice add-on to have.
What kind of content does Genesis Reborn offer?
Generally speaking, Kodi add-ons specialize in certain types of content. So, it’s not surprising to see the Genesis Reborn add-on for Kodi to do the same thing.
This one is all about movies and TV shows. However, we’re not talking only about the latest Hollywood blockbusters. This add-on is a true media library, and it brings a very diversified set of content.
Whether you’re into Bollywood movies, European cinema, or even Japanese anime – it’s all here. This also includes animated movies for your children, so there’s something for every member of your family.
Are There Any Alternatives to Genesis Reborn?
When it comes to alternatives, you can find a few interesting options. We recommend you to try add-ons called Exodus and Covenant.
What you’ll see is that Exodus and Covenant look very similar to Genesis Reborn. This is because all three share the same core code – which is why they bring the same main menus and similar layout. However, they don’t offer the same content.
Each of these add-ons relies on different Web scrapers. This means that you’ll see titles in one of those that you won’t find in the others. However, our strong suggestion is to start with the Genesis Reborn add-on for Kodi – as this one is perhaps the most comprehensive of the three.
Is Genesis Reborn Blocked in Any Countries?
Unfortunately, some ISPs are quite restrictive when it comes to Kodi. They throttle your Web connection when using this application, and this also happens when you use Genesis Reborn.
The thing is that many sources of this add-on are piracy-related. This is why ISPs in the United States, Australia, the UK, and many EU countries may be on the lookout for people using this add-on.
Don’t worry — this is something that can quickly be resolved. So, we’ll first teach you how to install Genesis Reborn on Kodi, and then we’ll talk about VPN applications. Make sure to read the rest of this article carefully.
Why should you use a VPN?
VPN (Virtual Private Network) applications are considered to be the best way to anonymize your Web traffic. As such, they are the biggest ally of every Kodi user.
These are subscription-based services that bring a large number of secure servers, scattered across the world. When you connect to one, all your Web traffic becomes encrypted instantaneously. What this means is that your online whereabouts are hidden from your ISP.
As a result, VPNs unblock new types of content and they can fight against ISP-imposed throttling. This means using Kodi without any fear of getting copyright infringement notices. Even better, add-ons such as Genesis Reborn won’t have a hard time streaming from just about any Web source.
VPNs can be used not only with Kodi. You can install them on any desktop or mobile device, thus making sure no one collects your private data. In the wake of numerous privacy-related scandals that we hear about on a daily basis, this sure sounds like a fantastic deal.