Kodi add-ons are famous for scraping links from all over the internet to return free streams for almost any video that you are looking for. However, if you have been using Kodi for some time, you’ll have realized that some links either don’t work, they keep on buffering, or they are simply not HD.
This is where Real-Debrid comes in, and we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the service and show you how to install Real-Debrid on Kodi.
What is Real-Debrid?
Real-Debrid is a multi-hosting service that offers subscribers access to premium streaming sources that are otherwise not accessible to other Kodi users. It is not an add-on, but rather a stream source that can be integrated on most Kodi add-ons to provide multiple 1080p, HD, and SD streaming sources.
Real-Debrid’s streams are usually super-fast, and they eliminate video buffering that is usually a result of poor streams. The service therefore greatly enhances Kodi use by making streaming seamless.
Getting started with Real-Debrid Kodi
Before you can start using Real-Debrid, you’ll need an account. The service offers both a free and a paid plan.
Free vs Premium Real-Debrid account
Real-Debrid’s free plan lets you get a taste of most of the multi hoster’s features. However, free users can only use the service during happy hours. This period is between 6 AM and 12 PM Central European Time, since the service is located in France. Further, you won’t have access to all the premium hosters, but you will still get some premium links.
With a premium Real Debrid account, you can exploit the service’s full potential. The service will be available round the clock, and you’ll get up to 300 Mbps of download speeds (well, if your connection supports it). You will also get unlimited traffic, parallel (simultaneous) downloads, and a completely ad-free experience.
Signing up for Real-Debrid
Here’s the process of creating a Real-Debrid account
- Open https://real-debrid.com and click the Sign up option on the top right side of the website
- A sign up form will appear. Enter the required details and then click Sign Up
- You will now receive an Account Activation email requiring you to validate the email address. Just click on the link in the email, and your account will be activated
- Now, head back to www.real-debrid.com and click Log in on the top right side of the website. Enter your new credentials
If you wish to upgrade your account to use real-Debrid without restrictions, there are various pricing plans you can opt for:
- 15 Days: 3 Euros (roughly $3.36). You get 150 Fidelity points
- 30 Days: 4 Euros (roughly $4.48). You get 200 Fidelity points
- 90 Days: 9 Euros (roughly $10.08). You get 450 fidelity points
- 180 Days: 16 Euros (roughly $17.92). You get 800 Fidelity points
Note: The prices given in USD may vary. The above have been converted using the rate on the day of this writing.
Fidelity points can be used to get additional access. For example, 1,000 fidelity points can be used to get 30-day premium access.
Important: stream privately and anonymously
Streaming on Kodi has been getting a lot of attention recently since users can easily stream copyrighted content through Kodi add-ons. Real-Debrid does not store any files streamed or downloaded by users on its servers and this way it absolves itself of any legal liability. Further, they record and store your IP address when you stream on their servers, and they clearly state that they may give out the information if presented with a court order.
Since thousands of Kodi users have received DMCA notices for illegal streaming, it’s important to always use a VPN with Kodi and Real-Debrid. A good VPN will encrypt all your activities so that your ISP won’t make sense of them, and it will also give you a new IP address. This way, even Real Debrid won’t know your true identity, and you’ll stream anonymously.
A VPN will also help you overcome geo-restrictions and ISP throttling.
Check out our list of Best VPN for Kodi
How to install Real-Debrid on Kodi
Now that you have a working Real-Debrid account, let’s set it up on Kodi.
Note: This guide was made using Kodi 18 Leia, which is the latest version of Kodi. The process is the same for Kodi Krypton 17.6 users.
- On your Kodi home screen, click the settings icon. It looks like a cog, and it’s on the top left side of the screen
- In the system page, Click on System
- On the bottom left side of the screen, there’s a button either written Basic, Standard, Advanced or Expert. Click until it changes to Advanced
- Hover over the Addons menu and click Manage dependencies
- Now, scroll down till you find URLResolver. Click on it
- Click the Configure button
- Highlight Universal Resolvers and scroll down to the section named Real-Debrid. Change Priority from 100 to 90 and click Done. After that click the OK button
- Click the Configure button once more. Highlight Universal Resolvers and scroll down to the section named Real-Debrid once more. Click (Re)Authorize My Account. Wait for a pop-up.
- Write down the code that appears in the window
- Now, open https://www.real-debrid.com/device in a browser and type in the provided authorization code
- The “URLResolver Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized” message will appear after typing in the code.
You have now enabled Real-Debrid on your Kodi device. When you search for links on a Kodi add-on that supports the service (most movies and TV show Kodi addons do), you will now see Real-Debrid streams.
Remember that Real-Debrid streams are marked with an “RD.” And always turn on your VPN before using any of the streams.