Bumble is a popular dating platform with a unique twist that women here make the first move. Boasting over 50 million users, there’s no shortage of people you can meet and form connections with. But you’re out of luck if you live in an area where this app isn’t used much.
Your best solution is changing your Bumble location. One option is to purchase a premium subscription and use Travel Mode to do it. But understandably, not everyone wants to pay money for that. Another is to utilize a trusted VPN which allows you to spoof your Bumble region without limits.
How to change location on Bumble with a VPN
- Subscribe to a premium Bumble VPN. You can never go wrong with NordVPN, now 68% off!
- Download the appropriate VPN app for your phone’s operating system
- Connect to a server in any country you want
- Disable your phone’s GPS tracking from the settings menu
- Meet new people from other regions!
Best VPNs to change Bumble location
- The best VPN for Bumble9.6
- Bumble VPN with top-notch privacy9.5
- Well-rounded VPN for Bumble9.1
- Inexpensive Bumble VPN with a free version8.8
- Reliable VPN for Bumble with malware protection8.5
Why do you need a VPN for Bumble?
Like most dating apps, such as Tinder, your match suggestions on Bumble are based on your location. It’s great if you reside in a big city or where the platform is popular. But if you live in a small town and just want to broaden your horizons, location-based matching is quite annoying and restrictive to boot.
Travel mode can save you some trouble – alas, changing your region this way only works for a week. And the feature costs extra. A much easier option is getting your hands on a premium VPN, which assigns you any IP address you want whenever you wish. Then the system reads your new location and gives you matches accordingly.
Another neat thing about these tools is that your online experience benefits from a security boost. Everything you do on the internet gets encrypted with an unbreakable cipher, meaning no third parties can snoop on you. Plus, VPNs can break through various geo-blocks, unlocking access to foreign content and entertainment platforms.
Best VPNs to fake GPS location on Bumble
You want to be able to connect to people from as many countries as possible. To achieve this, Bumble VPNs with expansive server networks are a necessity. Then we need the essential VPN toolkit – high-grade encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch. These keep your IP hidden under wraps in all circumstances, allowing you to switch virtual locations.
Besides having intuitive applications for Android and iOS, don’t overlook other features that make the service versatile. VPNs are useful for regular browsing, streaming, torrenting, even online mobile games. So, if it’s something you’re interested in, check what the provider can do to enhance these activities.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for Bumble
24/7 live chat, Email
- Wicked fast due to NordLynx
- Great for torrenting & streaming
- Independently-audited and secure
- No router app
NordVPN is the best VPN to change Bumble location. Hailing from privacy-friendly Panama, the service is packed with robust security features, and it aced the two audits PwC performed to investigate its zero-logs policy. Moreover, the provider doesn’t sacrifice performance either – it’s one of the fastest VPNs on the market.
Network-wise, there are suitable connection points on every continent – pick any from the 5500+ servers in 59+ countries. The in-house NordLynx tunneling protocol also ensures nothing takes more than a second to load. Still worried about privacy? No need – all standard servers are RAM-only, meaning they can’t store data long-term.
As for other online activities, streaming is definitely on the table. NordVPN unblocks foreign geo-locked platforms and libraries in just a few clicks. Torrenting enthusiasts aren’t left hanging either, as the provider offers P2P-optimized servers for the best file-sharing experience.
Coming with 6 simultaneous connections, it’s an excellent VPN for Bumble that costs just $2.99/month. Using a NordVPN code might even net you a better deal. And commitments to this service are risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, you can test it beforehand with the 7-day free trial version, available via the Google Play Store.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN – Bumble VPN with top-notch privacy
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Infinite connections
- WireGuard-fuelled speeds
- GPS Spoofing feature
- Unaudited no-logs policy
Trick your Bumble location instantly by using Surfshark VPN. With this provider, you get the security essentials and neat extra tools for a budget-friendly price. And since the service operates from the Netherlands, which has no data retention laws, you can rest assured there’s no spying on your activities.
The fleet, consisting of 3200+ servers in 100+ countries, is the most expansive in the industry region-wise. All the hardware runs on RAM modules and not hard drives, so Surfshark couldn’t collect info about you even if they wanted to. Performance isn’t neglected either – utilizing the next-gen WireGuard protocol guarantees wicked-fast connections.
There’s more to Surfshark than just changing your Bumble region. You can quickly get your hands on regional Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ libraries. And with torrenting being available on all servers, file downloads and uploads are over before you notice.
$1.99/month is a small price for a great Bumble VPN with no device limit. Just don’t forget to apply the Surfshark VPN coupon during checkout to lower its cost. Curious cats can sate their interest by taking advantage of the free 7-day trial (via the Apple App and Google Play Stores). Or subscribe from the get-go, protected with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PrivateVPN – well-rounded VPN for Bumble
24/7 live chat
- Broad device support
- Defeats geo-blocks with ease
- Excellent for streaming and P2P
- Mac and iOS have fewer features
PrivateVPN is just about great for everything, not only for getting a mock location on Bumble. Featuring an enticing price-to-feature ratio and quality tools for online shenanigans, it’s a user-first provider that always upholds your privacy. Plus, the service doesn’t participate in customer surveillance, as the strict no-logs policy indicates.
The network is not as immense as other Bumble VPNs on this list – just 200+ servers in 63+ countries. It works to PrivateVPN’s advantage, though, since the company owns the whole fleet, preventing third-party interference. The trusted ‘ol OpenVPN protocol is also here to ensure your Bumble swiping is as smooth as butter.
The service is bound to fill the entertainment void in your heart by circumventing streaming services’ geo-blocks left, right, and center. You can even utilize this VPN to change regions for platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. File-sharing is an option, too, with torrenting enabled on the whole server fleet.
All plans include 10 simultaneous connections, and you can subscribe for as low as $2.00/month by utilizing a PrivateVPN discount code. Grab the 7-day free trial to get a taste of the service, and then commit when you’re ready. If it doesn’t work out down the line, you can get a refund thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
4. Atlas VPN – inexpensive Bumble VPN with a free version
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Excellent free version
- Abundance of features for low price
- Limitless connections
- No router configuration
Another solid VPN for Bumble is Atlas VPN – it’s secure, doesn’t log user data, and has no device limit. The service is one of the cheapest VPNs out there, so you won’t have to sacrifice an arm and a leg for a subscription. It also offers a free version, albeit with 3 location choices: the Netherlands and the US (New York & Los Angeles).
Quickly expand your Bumble options by connecting to any of the 750+ servers scattered across 37+ countries. And with the WireGuard tunneling protocol at your service, enjoy fast loading times no matter what you’re doing online.
Whether it’s BBC iPlayer, Channel 4, HBO Max, or any other region-locked platform, Atlas VPN will grant you access to it. Just remember to pick streaming-optimized servers for the best experience. The provider is P2P-friendly to boot, allowing you to share files without a hitch no matter where you’re connected to.
An Atlas VPN coupon will decrease the price to just $1.64/month, which is essentially pocket change. And the plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you ever feel like the service doesn’t live up to the hype and want to cancel.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
5. IPVanish – reliable VPN for Bumble with malware protection
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- No device limit
- VIPRE antivirus software
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- No anonymous payment methods
Security-oriented folk will find IPVanish a refreshing option for all their Bumble needs. Extra Wi-Fi protection and antivirus software inclusion are perfect for those constantly connected to public networks. Utmost privacy is also guaranteed – the highly-regarded Leviathan Security Group can attest to that.
IPVanish owns the whole fleet of 2000+ servers in 50+ countries. Furthermore, all hardware is physically located in these regions. This, combined with the WireGuard tunneling protocol, ensures low latency, beneficial not only for Bumble activities.
Don’t limit yourself to simply spoofing your location on Bumble – expand your Netflix library choices as well. Or maybe you need to drop some important files over the internet? The provider has you covered by allowing P2P traffic on all servers.
Grabbing a plan (only $3.99/month if you apply an IPVanish discount code) also nets you unlimited simultaneous connections. So, freely secure everything you own, not just your phone. And while there is no trial version, remember that the 30-day money-back guarantee protects your subscription.
For a deeper investigation of IPVanish, read our IPVanish review.
How we selected Bumble VPNs
The search for the right Bumble VPN can be overwhelming, especially when the market is swarming with options. It also doesn’t help that not every provider is up for the task. Luckily, we’ve outlined a few crucial points you should pay attention to:
- Global reach. If the server options are limited to just a few countries, you won’t have many Bumble location choices. The service should cover as many regions as possible, with plenty of connection points on all continents.
- Performance. Since all internet traffic gets routed through an encrypted tunnel with a VPN, your speeds will naturally become slower. Depending on what country you pick, the decrease can range from barely noticeable to detrimental for browsing. The latest tunneling protocols such as WireGuard counter this issue, ensuring fast connections everywhere. You can also see what you’re getting with the handy VPN speed test tool.
- Security & privacy. The purpose of a Bumble VPN isn’t limited to just spoofing your region – it also has to keep you safe and untraceable. So, there are a few things you can’t do without, such as AES-256 encryption, a kill switch, and IP & DNS leak protection. Another vital aspect is the zero-logs policy, which indicates the provider doesn’t participate in user surveillance.
- Versatility. The other neat thing about VPN technology is that it can enhance such online activities as streaming, torrenting, browsing, gaming, etc. Some services offer additional features for them, like dedicated servers, adware & malware blockers, GPS spoofing tools, and so on. Definitely something worth looking into.
- Reasonable price. No one wants to pay an excessive amount of money for a subpar service that only includes the basics. Don’t be afraid to try cheaper options if they have the tools you find useful. You’ll be surprised how many budget VPNs for Bumble tend to outperform their expensive counterparts.
How to fake location on Bumble on different devices
Faking your location on Bumble might be slightly different depending on what device you’re using for Bumble. Thankfully, we cover all potential scenarios in this article – and the best VPNs for each operating system.
Change Bumble location on iOS with VPN
- Get the best VPN for iPhones. NordVPN offers an intuitive and sleek application for iOS.
- Install the VPN client from the Apple App Store
- Clear your device’s cache and web cookies as they might leak your actual location. Reboot your phone to finalize the cleanup.
- Connect to any server you want
- Open Bumble and enjoy meeting people from around the world!
Change Bumble location on Android with VPN
- Download a VPN best suited for Android. You get plenty of features and server choices with NordVPN.
- Get the application from the Google Play Store
- Clear the web cookies and the cache of your device. Restart your phone just in case
- Pick any country from the server list and connect
- Log into Bumble and start matching!
Change Bumble location via browser with VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN compatible with Windows and Mac. NordVPN is considered the best VPN for both PC operating systems.
- Download the appropriate VPN software from the provider’s official website and install it
- Delete your browser cookies and clear the cache. Then reboot your computer.
- Navigate to Bumble’s website and log into your account
- Click on your profile name on the left and go to Settings
- Find the Location tab and click the spinning arrow that is next to your current location
- A window will pop up asking you to allow bumble.com to know your location – click Allow
- Now the system will adjust your region accordingly – get ready to swipe!
How to spoof Bumble location without VPN
Of course, using a VPN to change your location isn’t your only option when you want to fake the Bumble region. Just keep in mind the methods we discuss below aren’t as effective. Plus, they don’t come with the additional benefits or extra security, for that matter.
Utilize Bumble Travel Mode
The Travel Mode lets you virtually relocate yourself to another city for 7 days in total. Other users will know you’re not originally from there as your profile will be marked with a ‘traveling’ icon.
This option is only available to premium Bumble subscribers, so be prepared to shell out extra money. Another thing not everyone might like is the fact you’ll be stuck in your chosen city for a whole week. There’s no option to revert back to your original residence, so you’ll have to wait until the timer runs out.
- Boot up the Bumble application and log into your account
- Navigate to the Settings menu and scroll down until you find the Location section
- Press on Travel to, and a window will option with a selection of cities to choose from – pick any you want
- Now there’s a timer in your location settings indicating how much time you have left in this new location
Request a location change
You can also contact Bumble’s customer support and ask their tech people to change your location permanently. This method is more likely to work if you want to relocate somewhere near your original residence.
There’s also a chance they might ask for some proof you’re not jumping to another country altogether.
- Open the Bumble application and go to your profile
- Scroll down until you find the Contact & FAQ option – select it
- Press Contact Us in the new menu and then Report a technical issue at the bottom of the list
- You have to fill in the form now – write that your GPS coordinates are inaccurate and that you’d like to adjust your location
Get a GPS Spoofing app
The Apple App and Google Play Stores have plenty of applications that can fake your GPS and trick Bumble into thinking you live elsewhere. The problem is that many of them are unreliable and faulty, plus there’s a high chance they might track your online activities.
Always check the reviews before downloading the first one you see. To spoof GPS on iOS, we recommend trying 3uTools, iTools Location Spoofer, and Dr. Fone. And to fake GPS on Android, the most suitable application is Fake GPS location.
Can’t change location on Bumble with a VPN: solutions
There’s no need to panic if suddenly Bumble starts showing your old location even though the VPN is up and running. It might be happening for a couple of reasons, and, thankfully, this issue is pretty easy to fix.
- IP or DNS is leaking. If one, the other, or both are visible, the system will read these instead of your VPN location and place you accordingly on the map. Double-check whether all VPN security features are enabled and try switching to another tunneling protocol.
- Cache and web cookies revealing region. Both contain location information, so you’re better off clearing the respective web caches. Reboot your device after you’re finished, start the VPN, and only then try accessing Bumble again to see if it worked.
- GPS doesn’t match the VPN location. Bumble also gets your region data from your phone’s GPS coordinates and is more likely to rely on it if the system receives different location inputs. Disable your device’s GPS from the settings menu or enable a GPS Spoofing feature if your VPN offers it.
- VPN software is outdated. Older client versions usually don’t work as intended and might fail at changing your Bumble location. Not to mention the fact they are a potential security risk. Always keep your VPN up to date – download the update if it’s pending.
You should also consider that maybe, just maybe, the VPN you’re currently subscribed to isn’t able to do its job. It’s a good idea to contact customer support about this. And if everything mentioned here didn’t solve anything, you’re better off switching to a Bumble VPN that won’t cause you a headache.
How to change location on Bumble with free VPN
Yes, you can ‘teleport’ yourself to another place for better matches on Bumble with a free VPN. But you have to prepare for certain limitations as costless providers, understandably, have certain restrictions in place to balance out the service. You’ll have to deal with:
- A minimal server list. It’s common for free VPNs to have only 2-3 country options
- Less-than-stellar performance. There have to be speed and data caps, or else everyone will go overboard, causing the service to stop working properly
- Weak or no proper tools. More often than not, you’ll suffer from IP and DNS leaks, which will throw a wrench into your plans
Another aspect you can’t overlook is that most so-called costless VPNs are putting you in danger instead of protecting you. A surprising majority of providers monitor your activities and sell that data to various third parties, like advertisers. Some go as far as injecting malware, spyware, and keyloggers into their software to keep track of you while you’re not using a VPN.
Going for reputable free VPNs is your only option here. Our top recommendations are:
- Atlas VPN – you can connect to servers either in the US (NY or LA) or the Netherlands. You get 2 simultaneous connections and a 10GB/month data cap. While streaming foreign content isn’t an option, at least torrenting is enabled.
- Proton VPN – the available countries are the US, the Netherlands, and Japan. The free tier gets only 1 simultaneous connection, and the speeds should be great, thanks to VPN Accelerator. You won’t be able to stream or torrent, though.
- Hide Me VPN – the server list is a bit bigger, with connection options in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the US (East & West). You can use it on 1 device only, and the Stealth Guard feature is also available. Free version users won’t be able to stream, but sharing files via P2P won’t be a problem.
While Bumble is a neat dating app that lets you expand your horizons, the possibilities are somewhat limited due to location-based matching. You can easily overcome this hurdle with the right tools, though.
Out of all available methods, utilizing a VPN to spoof your Bumble region is the easiest and quickest. NordVPN, along with other providers here, offers an expansive network and powerful tools that will keep your actual location hidden.
Plus, this technology encrypts all internet traffic, securing you from all kinds of snoopers. Whether it’s regular browsing, streaming, torrenting, or something else, there’s no denying the benefit of extra protection and utmost anonymity.
What methods have you found to be effective for changing your Bumble location? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
Change your Tinder location
Change your Grindr location
Change Hinge location
Change your Snapchat location
How to change TikTok location
How to use a VPN to play BetMGM
How to get unbanned on Omegle
Can you change the location on Bumble?
Yes, you can change the location on Bumble by utilizing a VPN. Using the best Bumble VPNs for the task is recommended, and you should also disable your device’s GPS location tracking beforehand. Then connect to any country you want, and you’re ready to swipe.
How do you fake your location on Bumble?
You can fake your location on Bumble with a VPN. This technology masks your IP address, making it appear like you’re somewhere else. The dating app then tracks your new place and gives you potential matches accordingly.
Can I use a VPN to change my location on Bumble?
Yes, you can use a VPN to change your location on Bumble. Providers like NordVPN offer expansive country lists, incredible speeds, and tools that won’t let your actual location leak under any circumstances.
Is it legal to change your location on Bumble?
Yes, it’s legal to change your location on Bumble. In fact, premium Bumble subscribers have the Travel mode feature that allows them to relocate to another city for 7 days. It’s a pricey option, though, and it would be much cheaper to utilize a VPN instead.