Over the course of several years, Surfshark VPN spurred to become one of the best VPN service providers. Surfshark is based in the privacy-friendly Netherlands, a jurisdiction that has no data retention laws. Our investigation results also show that as a service, Surfshark is indeed very safe to use.
With 3200+ servers in over 65 countries, Surfshark has global coverage and fast speeds, no matter where you live.
However, when it comes to VPNs, it’s always better to try the service before you fully commit. Luckily, Surfshark is very generous and offers a 7-day free trial with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all subscriptions.
How do I get the Surfshark free trial in 2022?
First of all, we should mention that Surfshark will still make you input your credit card information when getting the free trial. So don’t forget to cancel the subscription if you don’t want to be charged. However, if you do miss the deadline, you will still have 30 days worth of money-back guarantee.
Here’s how to get the Surfshark free trial in 6 easy steps:
- Download the Surfshark app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store. This means you can’t do it on Windows or macOS, but the trial will work on them anyway.
- Open the app and click Create account.
- Enter your email and password that you wish to use and click Create account. With these credentials, you can log in to any Surfshark VPN application you want – even the Windows app or browser extension.
- Tap the Subscribe button. You will be assigned the one-year deal, although the subscription can be later altered in your App Store or Play Store settings. Don’t miss the fine print below, saying that you will be charged sometime during the last 24 hours of your free trial.
- Enter your credit card info. Be aware that you won’t be charged if you cancel the Surfshark subscription within 7 days. And even if you miss the deadline, there’s still a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- That’s it – you will automatically be logged in to your Surfshark VPN account!
What does the Surfshark free trial offer?
With either a 7-day free trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee, you don’t get a watered-down version of the VPN. Your experience will be identical to those who pay a full subscription price. You’ll get all the premium features, including:
- Military-grade encryption (state-of-the-art security that works faster than the more popular AES-256-CBC cipher)
- Unlimited simultaneous connections (test the VPN on each and every gadget that you own)
- Kill switch (it shuts down your internet if the VPN connection drops)
- 24/7 live chat and email support
- Unblocked Netflix and other streaming platforms
- Safe torrenting (with great speeds and split tunneling)
- Apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Browser extensions for Firefox and Chrome (independently audited)
- Anonymous payment options (for those who value their privacy in every step of the way)
How to get Surfshark free trial: video overview
If reading step-by-step guides is not your cup of tea, we recommend checking out the following video on the VPNpro YouTube channel.
Surfshark 30-day risk-free trial
Surfshark’s 30-day money-back guarantee offers a cashback on any of its subscription plans. That means you’re able to try out its premium features for one month and request a full refund during the trial period but not after it ends.
Before your 30-day trial is up, you can prevent an auto-renewal of payment by contacting customer support (either by email or by using their 24/7 live chat) and requesting a refund plus the closing of your account.
If you’re serious about a VPN service, it might also be a good idea to consider a longer commitment and choose a plan you would be happy to stay with. If you’re not, don’t sleep on your subscription cancellation. If you pass the 30 days period, you will get charged automatically.
You can also contact customer support in advance and schedule an expiry date so that you wouldn’t miss it.
Surfshark – the most cost-effective VPN
Surfshark is great for Netflix and other streaming platforms. It’s also good for torrenting, which is allowed on all the servers. But one of its biggest selling points is the unlimited amount of simultaneous connections. That means you may use Surfshark with all your devices and even share the account with family or friends.
Also, the long-term plans are very cheap – you can get Surfshark VPN for as little as $2.30/month. When you consider the price and the features you get, it’s a pretty good deal. If that wasn’t enough, you can find special offers and discounts on our Surfshark deals and coupons page.
Should I get the paid version of Surfshark?
Your Surfshark free trial won’t last forever, and when it does end, the service will be locked behind a subscription fee. If you liked the VPN and will want to use it in the future, you’ll be required to pay a monthly subscription fee.
In any case, 37 days in total should be more than enough to see if Surfshark is worth paying for. Still, our advice would be to pull the trigger since it’s one of the best VPNs overall, and the price is tough to beat.
Does Surfshark have a free trial?
Yes, it does. You get 7 days for free. However, the credit card information is required.
How do I get a free Surfshark account?
You will need an Android or iOS smartphone. After getting the account, you’ll be able to use Surfshark on as many devices as you want. Above are the instructions on getting Surfshark free trial.
How can I get a free 30-day VPN?
Surfshark VPN has a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Therefore, you get 37 free days in total.
Karol is an experienced freelance writer, translator, and editor. His creative output covers a wide range of technology topics such as fintech, privacy, cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and more. He does not limit himself to just plain articles and writes guides, editorials, think pieces, and reviews.