Over the course of several years, Surfshark VPN spurred to become one of the best VPN service providers. Surfshark is based in the British Virgin Islands (BVI), a jurisdiction that doesn’t belong to the Fourteen Eyes alliance and has no data retention laws. Our investigation results also show that as a service Surfshark indeed very safe to use.
With 1000+ servers in over 60 countries, Surfshark has global coverage and good speeds, no matter where you live. However, when it comes to VPNs, it’s always better to try the service before you fully commit. Surfshark is very generous at that and it offers a 7-day free trial for Android and iOS users with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all subscriptions.
How do I get the Surfshark free trial?
First of all, we should mention that Surfshark will still make you input your Credit Card information when getting the free trial. So, don’t forget to cancel the subscription if you don’t want to be charged.
- To start your free trial you’ll need to go to Apple App Store or Google Play Store and find the Surfshark app. After downloading, open up the app and click Start Free Trial.
- Afterward, input the email and password that you wish to use and click Next. With the created Surfshark credentials you can log in to any Surfshark application you want – even the Windows app or Browser extension.
- Next, select the plan that you wish to use after the trial period and click Start.
- A pop-up will appear asking to confirm the subscription. Although you will have to input Credit Card information, you will not get charged if you cancel the subscription within 7 days. You will be able to opt-out of it at any time by yourself.
- Click Subscribe to confirm that you accept the terms of service. That’s it – you will automatically be logged in to your account!
What does the Surfshark free trial offer?
With either a 7-day free trial or a 30-day money-back guarantee you don’t get a watered-down version of the VPN. Your user experience will be identical to those who pay a full subscription price. You’ll get all the features:
- Strong and fast encryption (state-of-the-art security and also works faster than the more popular AES-256-CBC)
- Unlimited simultaneous connections (so it’s possible to test the VPN on each and every one gadget that you own to check if it meets your expectations)
- Kill switch (it shuts down your internet connection if your connection to a VPN servers drops)
- 24/7 live chat for support
- Unlocks Netflix, Kodi, BBC iPlayer (which isn’t available on all VPNs)
- Allows torrenting (with great speeds)
- Apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Amazon FireTV, Apple TV, and game consoles
- Browser extensions for Firefox and Chrome (independently audited)
- Anonymous payment options (for those who value their privacy every step of the way)
If you want to know more about the features check out our in-depth Surfshark review.
Surfshark 30-day risk-free trial
Surfshark’s 30-day money-back guarantee offers a cashback on any of its subscription plans. That means you’re able to try out its premium features for 30 days and request a full refund during the trial period but not after it ends.
Before your 30-day trial is up, you can prevent an auto-renewal of payment by contacting their customer services team (either by email or by using their 24/7 live chat) and request a refund and the closing of your account. If you’re serious about a VPN service it might also be a good idea to consider a longer commitment and choose a plan you would be happy to stay with. And don’t sleep on your subscription cancellation, if you pass the 30 days period, you will get charged automatically.
You can also contact customer support in advance and schedule an expiry date so that you wouldn’t miss it.
Surfshark: the most cost-effective VPN
Surfshark is great for Netflix and other streaming platforms. It’s also good for torrenting, which is allowed on all the servers. One of its biggest selling points is the unlimited amount of simultaneous connections – so you may use Surfshark with all your smart devices.
Also, the longer-term plans are very cheap – you can get a subscription for as little as $1.99/month. When you consider the pricing and the features that you get it’s a pretty good deal.
Should I get the paid version of Surfshark?
Well, for one thing, your Surfshark free trial won’t last forever and when it does end, the service will be locked behind a subscription fee. If you liked the service and will want to have access to it in the future, you’ll be required to pay a monthly subscription fee, there’s no workaround. Still, our advice would be to pull the trigger since it’s one of the best VPNs overall and the price is really hard to beat.