Brave is a privacy-focused browser that blocks any creepy ads and trackers and protects from fingerprints. However, it doesn’t hide your activities or IP address from ISP, government, hackers, or other third parties. Therefore, getting the best VPN for Brave Browser can ensure that your browsing sessions are totally secure and private.
An industry-leading virtual private network will encrypt your data and prevent snoopers from crashing your web surfing party. Additionally, you’ll have access to previously geo-blocked content and streaming platforms.
Best VPN for Brave Browser: shortlist
- The best VPN for Brave Browser9.7
- VPN with infinite connections9.5
- Pocket-friendly VPN for Brave Browser9.2
- Brave Browser VPN with a free version8.7
- VPN with a vast server fleet8.6
How to install a VPN on Brave Browser in 2022
- Subscribe to a top-grade Brave browser VPN. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% off!
- Download the software and install it
- Connect to a server nearby for excellent connectivity
- Enjoy Brave Browser with zero restrictions!
Why do you need a VPN for Brave Browser?
Firstly, a Brave browser VPN will boost your online security and shield you from digital threats. A virtual private network will help you encrypt your information and prevent hackers or anyone else from wreaking havoc on your devices. Moreover, by combining a VPN with Brave browser, obnoxious ads, malware, tracker, and rootkits will be a thing of the past.
Another reason you want to use a Brave Browser VPN is to prevent anyone from knowing about your activities on the web. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the government, and anyone with cyber snooping skills can breach your privacy. This means that they collect your data and use it for multiple purposes, for example selling it to advertisers or more dangerous third parties.
Moreover, the best VPN can let you sneak through geographical restrictions. Most content on the web is blocked in certain areas due to copyright laws and censorship. A top-notch virtual private network will avoid any regulations and give you access to multiple streaming platforms and censored web pages globally.
Lastly, a VPN can stop bandwidth throttling. Suppose you’re engaging in data-hungry web activities. In that case, your ISP will reduce your internet flow, meaning that you’ll get lousy connectivity. Therefore, a VPN can prevent that from happening by encrypting your traffic.
Best VPNs for Brave Browser: overview
- NordVPN – the best VPN for Brave Browser
- Surfshark VPN – VPN with infinite connections
- PrivateVPN – pocket-friendly VPN for Brave Browser
- Atlas VPN – Brave Browser VPN with a free version
- PureVPN – VPN with a vast server fleet
We’ve carefully selected the Top 5 VPNs for Brave Browser that can enhance your privacy and security on the web. We made sure that all providers have the core features, like robust encryption, solid leak protection, and a reliable kill switch. Additionally, most of the services come from our ultimate no-logs VPNs list, so you know that your browsing sessions are private.
Moreover, we checked how well they bypass geo-restrictions for your entertainment needs. Furthermore, we took speed, coverage, and compatibility with devices into consideration.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for Brave Browser
24/7 live chat, Email
- Unparalleled security & privacy
- Excellent web extension
- No router app
NordVPN is the best VPN for the Brave browser because it offers ultimate privacy and security protection. Not to mention, thanks to the NordLynx tunneling protocol, it’s the fastest VPN on the market.
Combine breakneck speeds with the ability to bypass any geo-blocks, and you can unlock hundreds of streaming platforms, including Netflix US. Moreover, with 6 simultaneous connections, you can watch anything on all major devices, including Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, and Android TV.
Furthermore, the provider has a flawless reputation when it comes to privacy, as they have a strict zero-logs policy. Additionally, NordVPN is based in Panama, where storing data is not mandatory. Moreover, their logging policies have been audited and verified twice by a third party, making NordVPN one of the most privacy-focused providers.
Nearly all 5500+ servers in 59+ countries are RAM-only, adding an extra layer of safety. In addition, NordVPN offers extra features, such as Threat Protection, which is excellent against any cyberthreats. More so, Double VPN will encrypt your data twice, making it impossible to crack. However, if you want a lighter version, you can always use a NordVPN web extension for Brave Browser.
Try NordVPN with Brave Browser with a free 7-day trial. After that, the subscriptions start from $2.99/month, protected by a month-long money-back guarantee. Lastly, you can get some great discounts on our NordVPN deals page.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN – VPN with infinite connections
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Robust safety features
- Sublime performance
- No device limit
- Unaudited no-logs policy
For those who have loads of phones and computers with Brave, Surfshark VPN is a perfect choice, as it’s one of the best multiple device VPNs. Moreover, it comes packed with loads of handy security and privacy features.
While Surfshark offers an excellent web extension for the Brave browser, it’s better to protect yourself fully with the app version. It provides a CleanWeb feature, which will shield you from any cyber hazards. Furthermore, MultiHop ensures extra security by encrypting your data twice.
The provider has 3200+ RAM-only servers in 100+ locations, meaning that shoddy connectivity won’t be an issue. Additionally, you’ll sneak past any geo-blocks, meaning that any streaming platform or P2P file is at your fingertips. And you can binge or torrent super fast, thanks to the WireGuard tunneling protocol.
Privacy-wise, Surfshark is a solid choice as the provider has a zero-logs policy. Furthermore, Camouflage Mode (Stealth VPN) will hide your VPN traffic in highly restricted countries like China or Russia and help you avoid deep packet inspections.
Explore calm internet oceans only for $1.99/month, protected by a 30-day cash-back warranty. You can also grab a coupon on Surfshark’s discount section for better deals. However, if you want to test it out, scoop a 7-day free trial.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PrivateVPN – pocket-friendly VPN for Brave Browser
24/7 live chat
- Self-owned hardware
- Affordable & effective
- Great for P2P and streaming
- No extensions for browsers
Just because PrivateVPN is one of the cheapest options for the Brave browser doesn’t mean it can’t pack a punch against security threats and geo-restrictions. Although the provider doesn’t offer a web extension, it’s a fantastic service with 10 simultaneous connections and a bouquet of features.
PrivateVPN manages all 200+ servers in 63+ countries, meaning no one can tamper and compromise them. Additionally, Application Guard will terminate any apps that you don’t want open when a VPN stops working. Not to mention, just like all Top 5 VPNs for Brave browser, Private VPN doesn’t collect any logs, so your information is safe.
Also, if you’re a movie buff, PrivateVPN is a perfect choice for a streaming VPN. The provider can easily help you bypass any firewall and give you access to platforms, such as Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and many more. Not to mention that the speeds will be good enough for 4K due to High Quality Network (HQN) internet capacity.
Combine Brave browser with PrivateVPN only for $2.00/month. All subscriptions are protected by a month-long money-back guarantee. Additionally, you can grab a PrivateVPN coupon for other great deals. Lastly, you can simply try the service with a 7-day free trial.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
4. Atlas VPN – Brave Browser VPN with a free version
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Free version
- Extra security & privacy features
- Endless connections
- No router configuration
Atlas VPN reigns as the cheapest VPN for the Brave browser. Still, it offers a boatload of features for web surfers, avid gamers, and relentless streamers. Additionally, if you want a lighter version of a VPN – Atlas VPN extension for Brave Browser is under development.
The service can help you punch through any geo-restrictions, and with 750+ servers in 37+ countries, finding the most extensive Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ libraries will be a piece of cake. Not to mention, Atlas VPN has WireGuard tunneling protocol, meaning that you can stream in 4K and get your P2P files swiftly.
Furthermore, the provider offers Tracker Blocker, which will deal with any digital dangers on the web. In addition, the SafeSwap feature will hide your online tracks behind multiple IP addresses, ensuring extra privacy. Not to me, Atlas VPN ensures anonymity with a strict no-logs policy.
You can try Atlas VPN without paying any money with the free version. Yet the premium version offers all the features only for $1.64/month, protected by a 30-day money-back warranty. More so, you can grab an Atlas VPN coupon for an extra discount.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
5. PureVPN – VPN with a vast server fleet
24/7 live chat
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- Extensive hardware network
- Anonymous payments
- Weak kill switch for iOS
PureVPN is another excellent choice for the Brave browser as it offers impressive security features, a twice-confirmed no-logs policy, and 10 simultaneous connections.
PureVPN has an excellent extension for the Brave browser that will surely shield you from any dangers while browsing. However, we highly recommend getting an app to protect your gaming, streaming, and torrenting efforts.
Apart from that, you’ll have access to boatloads of content globally thanks to geo-restriction circumvention capabilities and 6500+ servers in 70+ countries. You can access extensive Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ libraries hassle-free. Additionally, PureVPN is compatible with all major devices, including Android TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Torrenting will be easy as well, thanks to port forwarding. It allows you to maintain a proper download/upload ratio on your torrents with a small additional fee. Meanwhile, the dedicated IP feature lets you consistently connect with one IP address to avoid the various pitfalls of switching IPs.
Grab a PureVPN coupon and get a subscription for as little as $1.95/month. Thanks to the month-long money-back guarantee, you can see how it works with the Brave browser for free.
For a deeper investigation of PureVPN, read our PureVPN review.
How we picked the best VPN for Brave Browser
Many providers claim to have the best VPN for the Brave browser. However, not all of them are capable of doing the job right. Consequently, we tested boatloads of VPNs to see which one is the best for Brave Browser. Therefore, if you want to do your own research, you can use this list of essential criteria as a guide:
- Ensured anonymity. Don’t let anyone breathe down your neck and follow you around. Check VPN’s logging policy, audit history, and base of operations.
- Hardcore security. The most secure VPN will come packed with core characteristics, such as encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch. Other must-have things include malware blocker, Stealth VPN, Multi-hop, and other features.
- Brave Browser extensions. While not a must, it’s still a nice thing to have if you want a more lightweight version of a VPN or your OS is a bit outdated.
- Breakneck speeds. Don’t let shoddy connectivity and loading screens ruin the fun. Therefore, ensure that the provider has the WireGuard or NordLynx tunneling protocol.
- Hardware quality. Look for a VPN with bare-metal, RAM-only servers which the provider manages. This will guarantee the overall safety, privacy, and reliability of the service.
- Cost-effectiveness. Getting a VPN subscription shouldn’t cost a fortune. Choose a high-end service for less than $4.00/month.
- Compatibility. What’s the point if you can use your VPN on Linux only? Ensure that the VPN of your choice supports all major platforms and devices.
- Customer support. You can’t solve every problem by yourself. Therefore, a team of pros should offer live chat options and 24/7 support.
How to set up Brave Browser on your device
Switching to Brave Browser is a wise decision. No wonder, as it’s in the Top 3 of the most secure web browsers list. It will block any ads and trackers, so you can enjoy trouble-free browsing. Additionally, it’s based on Chromium, so you can use the same Chrome extensions as well as VPN add-ons on Brave Browser.
Brave has apps for all major devices, so you can have this privacy-first browser on Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac. Add a VPN into the mix, and you won’t have to tippy-toe around the web, fearing cyberthreats. Not to mention setting both up on your devices will be a piece of cake.
How to set up Brave Browser VPN on Android
If you’re tired of unsolicited ads popping up, Brave Browser will deal with them in no time. However, the mobile version of Brave Browser doesn’t have extensions. Thus, to stay safe, use Brave with the best Android VPN app. If you don’t know how to enable VPN in the Brave browser for Android, here’s a quick tutorial:
- Subscribe to a trusted VPN. We recommend using Surfshark VPN off!
- Install the VPN service on the Android device of your choice
- Connect to a server nearby for better speeds
- Access any content freely through Brave Browser!
How to set up Brave Browser VPN on Windows
The Windows version of the Brave browser currently has the most expansive feature set. You’ll experience greater loading speeds as Brave blocks any unwanted ads. And although browser extensions are secure, we suggest pairing them with the best Windows VPN. To do so, follow the steps:
- Pick a VPN with the best features. Our top choice is the industry leader, NordVPN
- Download the VPN and register or login
- Join a server in any location. We advise connecting nearby for better connectivity
- Go to Brave browser and surf the web without any issues!
How to set up Brave Browser VPN on Mac
Brave browser is a solid alternative for Safari users. Brave has stronger ad-blocking and anti-tracking features than its counterpart. And with the best Mac VPN, you’ll surely be anonymous. To enable VPN on the Brave browser, all you’ll have to do is:
- Subscribe to a secure Brave Browser VPN. Our top pick is NordVPN, now 68% off!
- Install the VPN on your Apple device
- Choose a server of your choice
- Launch Brave Browser and enjoy restriction-free internet!
How to set up Brave Browser VPN on iOS
If you want to access restricted content safely, a geo-spoofing app for iPhone won’t be enough. Additionally, you’re putting your precious data at risk without a VPN. Therefore, you’ll need a Brave browser and Surfshark that can change your location on the iPhone. For everything to work smoothly, follow the walkthrough:
- Choose a reliable Brave Browser VPN with geo-spoofing capabilities. We suggest grabbing Surfshark VPN off!
- Download and install the app on your tablet or smartphone
- Turn on the GPS spoofing feature to change your location
- Pick a server you want to join
- Browse with Brave Browser hassle-free!
How to install top free VPN extensions for Brave Browser?
If you’re not extremely familiar with extensions, they are programs that live and run directly on the browser. Brave offers support for nearly all plugins that are compatible with Chromium. That means you can use the same extensions you previously used for Google Chrome and make Brave feel more like home.
However, not all premium VPNs offer free extensions. A few reliable free Brave Browser VPN extension providers are ZenMate, CyberGhost, and TunnelBear, but they will only encrypt web browsing sessions.
Nevertheless, if you want to install any free VPN extension on the Brave browser, you have to:
- Head to the Chrome Web Store and find the extension you want, for example, NordVPN
- Press Add to Brave button and install the plugin
- Log in and select a server
- Enjoy extra security and privacy features with your NordVPN extension!
How to use Tor tabs in Brave Browser?
If you want to be completely anonymous, the Brave browser offers an option to open a private window with Tor connectivity. It’s like an enhanced Incognito mode that uses Tor proxy for improved network security.
While it can hide your IP address, it won’t ensure absolute safety on the internet, especially if you want to explore the Dark Web. Therefore, you’ll want something to prevent any leaks and encrypt your data for maximum security. Hence, before using Tor tabs, get the most secure VPN in 2022.
Not to mention, check out our best Dark Web search engines for an easier browsing experience.
When you’re all ready, accessing Tor mode in Brave is child’s play:
- Get the most reliable VPN. Our top choice is NordVPN, now 68% off!
- Open Brave browser
- Go to the “Brave” menu and choose “New Private Window with Tor”
- Wait for “Tor Status” to show connected
- Get ready to browse the web completely incognito!
Brave Browser not working with VPN: solution
A Brave browser with a VPN is a perfect combo to protect yourself from breaches and cyber problems. However, there’s a slim chance that you might encounter some issues while using a virtual private network.
A few of the most common issues are poor connectivity and loading difficulties. Luckily, there are a few easy steps that can fix them right away:
- Try another VPN server. To do that, go to your VPN app and rejoin the server of your choice. A good premium provider should offer a plethora of options to choose from, so connecting to a different one shouldn’t be an issue.
- Restart your device. Try to turn your computer or smart device on and off. You can also try to reboot your router to be absolutely sure.
- Check for leaks. If your VPN is leaking your actual IP address, you might be in trouble. Thus, pick a provider with solid leak protection and ensure your kill switch is on.
- Contact customer support. If the previous steps don’t work, try contacting your VPN provider or Brave Browser’s customer support. They should provide a solution 24/7 through a live chat option.
- Change your provider. If nothing else helps, maybe it’s time to pick a new VPN. We highly recommend NordVPN, as it’s one of the most reliable VPNs for Brave Browser out there.
Best free VPN for Brave Browser
Don’t get too excited about free VPNs for the Brave browser. In most cases, free providers don’t care about your safety and privacy and will do more harm than good.
Imagine the worst VPN out there. It will most likely come with zero to no security features, so you are left exposed. Additionally, that free provider will collect your data and sell it for a buck. Even worse, if you find out that the free VPN was actually a malware injection machine.
And to top it all off, you’ll get ridiculous data caps, very few servers to choose from, and constant ads that will ruin your experience. Not to mention that the free VPN won’t bypass any geo-blocks for you, so you won’t be able to unlock extensive Netflix libraries.
Nevertheless, some trustworthy freemium providers will help you avoid that nonsense. While they come with a few limitations, these VPNs are great if you can’t spare money:
- Atlas VPN is a titan among other free Brave Browser VPNs. The service provides unlimited devices, no speed limits, and 3 locations to choose from in the US and the Netherlands. Additionally, they are P2P friendly, so you won’t get in trouble downloading files. Lastly, it comes with a 10GB/month data cap and super-quick WireGuard tunneling protocol.
- Proton VPN will ensure a secure browsing experience. This free Brave Browser VPN has no data limits and can unblock geo-restricted content. Furthermore, you can choose from 3 different locations in the US, the Netherlands, and Japan. Not to mention that Proton VPN doesn’t collect any logs, so your browsing sessions are private.
Brave Browser: is it safe?
So, do we recommend using the Brave browser, and is it more reliable than other browsers? The answer is – absolutely.
Brave instantly puts a stop to cookies, blocks any scripts, and doesn’t collect any info. Additionally, you can use the built-in password manager, and when you clear your browsing data, everything gets flushed immediately. It’s not something Chrome, Firefox, or Safari can easily do.
When it comes to ads, things might get a little bit tricky. Brave guarantees zero ads. However, banner ads may still appear. And when pop-ups are blocked, Brave’s default setting is to replace them with approved ads. Either way, it’s important to remember that these ads come with no tracking cookies or pixels. You can get rid of any ads by getting an ad block extension.
All things considered, Brave is a reliable browser that undoubtedly has the upper hand over its opponents. We suggest pairing it with a VPN, like NordVPN, to ensure overall safety for the smoothest web surfing experience.
Brave Browser Firewall + VPN for iOS: is it worth it?
In addition to regular services, Brave offers a VPN and a firewall to protect everything you do online. It blocks unwanted surveillance with protection at the network level, on your entire device, and on every app you use.
But can it match the best VPN on the market, NordVPN? Let’s compare:
|NordVPN||$2.99/month||1,100 Mbps||All major devices||6 simultaneous connections|
|Brave Browser Firewall + VPN||$9.99/month||100 Mbps||iOS only||5 simultaneous connections|
Unlike Brave VPN, which is in its early stages, NordVPN will guarantee your overall security and privacy hassle-free. It’s also a lot cheaper and offers better connectivity and more simultaneous connections. Furthermore, NordVPN can bypass any firewalls and give you access to a plethora of content on Netflix and other platforms.
To answer the question, is Brave Firewall + VPN worth it? The answer is – not really. You’ll be a lot safer if you opt for the best Brave Browser VPN.
Brave Browser is undoubtedly one of the most secure browsers you can choose from in 2022. It’s packed with security features that will keep any dangers at bay. However, Brave Browser alone is not secure enough unless you combine it with a VPN.
Hence, grab one of the top Brave Browser VPNs. They will provide the smoothest, safest, and fastest browsing experiences without any hiccups.
What do you think is the best VPN for Brave Browser? Do you prefer extensions or dedicated apps? Let us know by leaving a comment!
You may also like to read:
Best VPN for Firefox
Best VPN for Edge
Best VPN for Tor Browser
Best Browsers with VPN
Best VPN for Dark Web
How to change location on Android
How to change your location on iPhone
Best VPN for Windows
Best VPN for Mac
What is the best VPN for Brave Browser?
NordVPN is the best Brave Browser VPN. The service comes with unparalleled security and privacy features, user-friendly apps, and extensions for Brave Browser. Moreover, you’ll get 6 simultaneous connections, which you can use on all of your smart devices.
Can I use a free VPN for Brave Browser?
While you can use costless services, we highly don’t recommend using free Brave Browser VPNs. They come with many flaws and curbs, which will ruin your browsing experience.
Hence, a better option is to grab a Brave Browser VPN with a free trial version, such as NordVPN. You’ll get all high-end features and the ability to bypass any firewalls. Moreover, you can try it for a whole month, as all NordVPN subscriptions come with 30-day money-back warranties.
Does Brave Browser have a VPN?
Yes, Brave Browser has its own VPN + firewall. However, it won’t ensure maximum security and privacy. Additionally, it’s only available on iOS and costs more than industry-leading VPN providers. Therefore, it’s better to choose from one of our Top 5 Brave Browser VPNs.
Is Brave Browser better than VPN?
No, using Brave Browser without a VPN is not a good idea. While Brave is one of the most security-focused browsers, it’s still quite vulnerable to cyberattacks and privacy breaches.
Therefore, we suggest grabbing NordVPN. It will undoubtedly ensure your overall safety in the digital world.
Is it illegal to use a VPN for Brave Browser?
No, it’s absolutely legal to use a VPN for Brave Browser. However, the legal status of virtual private networks differs from country to country. Therefore, make sure that VPNs are legal in your country.