Call of Duty: Warzone is a free-to-play battle royale created by Infinity Ward and Raven Software studios and launched in 2020. Available on all major platforms – consoles, PCs, mobiles – it’s one of the most popular shooters, with thousands of daily players. However, the gameplay can be challenging due to skill-based matchmaking (SBMM). It means you will always get opponents that are tougher or the same level as you, which can be frustrating at times.
If you want to get into easier bot lobbies outside of training matches, you will need a reliable Warzone VPN. It will help you connect to Call of Duty servers in countries from different time zones and avoid peak-gameplay hours. Furthermore, the best VPNs for Warzone will be handy in different ways, like helping against Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks and even increasing your internet speed for better gameplay if it’s being throttled.
Best VPNs for Warzone (COD) 2022: shortlist
- best Warzone VPN9.7
- Warzone VPN with best privacy features9.5
- affordable VPN for Warzone9.2
- Warzone VPN with no virtual servers8.7
- VPN for Warzone with a free version8.6
How to play Warzone with a VPN
- Get a Warzone VPN. We recommend NordVPN, available for 60% off!
- Install the VPN app on your device or router
- Connect to a server location where it’s between 6:00 AM and noon
- Launch Call of Duty: Warzone and start shooting!
Why do you need a Warzone VPN in 2022?
Even if you’re OK with SBMM and have no interest in playing against bots, a solid VPN can still benefit you and your leaderboard position. Below are the key arguments for using one:
- Avoid SBMM. That’s the main reason for using a VPN among the CoD: Warzone players. This way, users have easier lobbies, which leads to a better Kill/Death ratio and higher satisfaction.
- Lag reduction. Intense lagging can seriously mess up your gaming sessions and make you an easy kill for other players. Thankfully, this can be avoided with low latency, achievable by connecting to servers closer to your desired Call of Duty region.
- Play when traveling. Going somewhere where Call of Duty: Warzone isn’t available? Connect to servers in your home country and continue playing with your friends.
- Get bot lobbies. Finding a bot lobby during peak time is a challenging task. Luckily, a VPN lets you choose a country in another timezone and do some easy shooting.
- DDoS protection. Veteran players deal with distributed denial-of-service attacks regularly. Sadly, mean people use this method to disrupt your internet connection. VPNs hide your IP address, making such an attack unlikely.
- Stop ISP throttling. Some internet service providers use bandwidth throttling to reduce your connection speed and increase latency. It’s a common practice done by ISPs to reduce bandwidth congestion over the whole network. With a Warzone VPN turned on, they can’t tell what you’re doing, so they can’t limit you.
- Leak protection. VPNs can change your IP address and keep all online activity virtually hidden. This is useful not only for avoiding hacking attempts, but possibly circumventing IP bans if you were blocked for misbehaving.
Best VPNs for Warzone (CoD): detailed overview
- NordVPN – the best Warzone VPN
- Surfshark – Warzone VPN with best privacy features
- PrivateVPN – affordable VPN for Warzone
- IPVanish – Warzone VPN with no virtual servers
- Atlas VPN – VPN for Warzone with a free version
- PureVPN – Warzone VPN with biggest server network
- ProtonVPN – VPN for Warzone with fast speeds
Here you will find our Top 5 Warzone VPNs with low latency to help you find easy bot lobbies in no time. All of them have apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Besides, you can manually configure most of them on a router to use with your game console.
These five VPNs will protect you from ISP throttling and DDoS attacks. Moreover, you can use them for safe torrenting, avoiding geo-blocks, and staying private online. Last but not least, they also work with COD Mobile.
1. NordVPN – best Warzone VPN
24/7 live chat, Email
- Fastest VPN
- Expansive server list
- Plenty of features
- No router app
NordVPN is the best Warzone VPN for a number of reasons. First off, it’s the fastest VPN with low latency and plenty of server locations. Next, this service provides unparalleled security and privacy, including military-grade encryption, two kill switches, protection against DDoS, and bandwidth throttling. Finally, NordVPN has excellent 24/7 live chat support.
With 5200+ bare-metal servers in 60+ countries to choose from, NordVPN will let you find bot lobbies easily. Besides, it uses the proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol, guaranteeing maximum performance. Most servers are RAM-only, meaning no data is stored permanently.
NordVPN offers dedicated IPs as well. Users can choose from the US (Buffalo, Dallas, Los Angeles), the UK, France, Germany, and the Netherlands. This gives you significant advantages – prevents your IP from getting banned by other players, and makes you less suspicious by having an IP address that isn’t changing all the time.
Should you decide to take a break from COD: Warzone, NordVPN will protect your P2P efforts and unblock popular streaming platforms. Some of those include Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu.
This VPN costs $3.29/month before applying any NordVPN coupons. One account gets 6 simultaneous connections, meaning you can share it with fellow players. Lastly, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 7-day free trial (requires Android).
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – Warzone VPN with best privacy features
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Unlimited connections
- Blazing-fast speeds
- Excellent security and privacy
- Unaudited no-logs policy
Surfshark VPN is a great choice for Warzone. The combination of good latency, server locations, and low price is unparalleled. Moreover, this provider has unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you and your friends to secure all devices.
Players can choose from 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. All of them are RAM-only, meaning that data is wiped after each reboot or when the hardware is disconnected. Besides, Surfshark uses the WireGuard protocol, which results in some of the fastest speeds in the industry.
In addition to protection against bandwidth throttling and DDoS attacks, Surfshark VPN comes with bank-grade encryption, a solid kill switch, and a malware blocker. You can also choose which apps utilize the VPN connection with the Whitelister tool, letting you use it to play Warzone or COD Mobile only. The new industry-changing Nexus feature will constantly rotate your IP address, direct traffic according to its patterns, and stabilize connections whilst securing them.
P2P is allowed on all servers, and streaming fans will be glad that HBO Max, Disney+, and other streaming platforms work from any country. Smart DNS will let you watch movies and shows on multiple devices and unblock geo-locked content on consoles. Though take note that it doesn’t encrypt the connections.
This VPN can be yours for just $2.30/month when applying a Surfshark coupon code. Payment options include cryptocurrencies, too. There’s also a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee for testing the waters first.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PrivateVPN – affordable VPN for Warzone
24/7 live chat
- Owns all servers
- Great against geo-blocks
- Mac and iOS have fewer features
PrivateVPN is an all-rounder that really suits Call of Duty: Warzone players. Users praise it for compatibility, low prices, and stable performance.
Even though PrivateVPN only has 200+ servers in 63+ countries, it’s the quality that makes it a tough competitor for other providers. Plus, this VPN owns the whole server network, which is still a rare feat. This means that no third parties will be able to tamper with the hardware.
PrivateVPN has no problem blocking DDoS attacks and bandwidth throttling. Additionally, it has NASA-grade encryption, a robust kill switch, and Stealth VPN, an essential feature for countries with restricted internet access.
Torrenting is allowed on all servers, and you can use a SOCKS5 proxy and port forwarding if needed. Streaming options include Disney+ and BBC iPlayer, among others. You can also set up PrivateVPN on a router, unlocking blocked content on multiple devices at once.
PrivateVPN pricing plans start from $2.00/month, but you should check for special deals on our coupons page. Each account has a generous 10-device limit. There’s a 7-day free trial and a standard 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
4. IPVanish – Warzone VPN with no virtual servers
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- No device limit
- No virtual servers
- Great security and privacy
- Based in the US
IPVanish is a solid choice as a VPN for Warzone and COD: Mobile. It will help you find the best bot lobbies and avoid SBMM. What’s more, you can use IPVanish with unlimited connections.
The fleet consists of 2000+ servers in 50+ countries. None of them are virtual and the provider owns all hardware. IPVanish also uses the next-gen WireGuard tunneling protocol and AES 256-bit encryption.
There’s a treat for long-term subscribers as well. Malware and ransomware won’t be such a threat anymore with the VIPRE Antivirus feature. On top of that, users get Stealth VPN to avoid Deep Packet Inspection in countries like China or Russia. Furthermore, the handy kill switch will instantly disconnect you from the internet if the VPN connection drops.
IPVanish is OK with torrenting in all server locations. Plus, there’s split tunneling for separating your P2P traffic. Sadly, streaming is its Achille’s heel – expect Netflix US at best.
The cheapest pricing plan is $3.99/month, but you may find a better deal on IPVanish’s coupon page. While there’s no free trial, you still get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Payment options include credit cards and PayPal only, though.
For a deeper investigation of IPVanish, read our IPVanish review.
5. Atlas VPN – VPN for Warzone with a free version
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Unlimited connections
- Great against geo-blocking
- Excellent free version
- No manual router configuration
Atlas VPN is the cheapest Warzone VPN on this list. Also, it has a great free version and unlimited simultaneous connections.
This service comes with 750+ servers in 37+ countries. While these are not the most impressive numbers, the performance is boosted by the WireGuard protocol, allowing low latency.
There’s more than avoiding DDoS and bandwidth throttling with Atlas VPN. It has a malware blocker, a tool to check if your data hasn’t been stolen, and SafeSwap servers that constantly rotate your IP address. Furthermore, your traffic will be encrypted with a military-grade cipher.
The key feature is the Atlas VPN free version, though. You get all the security benefits and enough data to play comfortably even with slower speeds. The three available server locations are the Netherlands and the US (New York, Los Angeles), so you might not notice the dip in performance if you’re close to them.
Atlas VPN costs $1.99/month before applying any discount coupons. Because of the free version, you don’t get a free trial. However, the good ol’ 30-day money-back guarantee will take care of you should things go south.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
6. PureVPN – Warzone VPN with the biggest server network
24/7 live chat
British Virgin Islands
- Constant independent audits
- Router support
- Great for streaming
- No Stealth VPN
PureVPN is more than suitable to play Call of Duty: Warzone. It includes a dependable kill switch, military-grade encryption, a vast server network, and reliable speeds for the best gameplay possible.
With unlimited access to 6500+ servers in 70+ countries, there are more than enough locations to connect for easy bot lobbies. Due to the WireGuard protocol and the 20 Gbps server update, players are sure to enjoy lag-free matches.
Besides a vast presence, PureVPN offers IP and DNS leak protection, DDoS protection (at a small additional fee), and Secure Wi-Fi. The latter will be most helpful if you ever find yourself playing Warzone on public networks, the usual playgrounds for hackers.
When you want to switch to another form of entertainment, this VPN has your back. Freely access and unlock foreign libraries of such streaming platforms like Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Foxtel, and others.
Coming at only $1.99/month before applying any discount codes, PureVPN is a solid choice for Warzone players wanting to have some fun. Before you commit, you can try their 7-day trial, which costs less than a dollar. And if you do subscribe but want an out, feel free to utilize the 31-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of PureVPN, read our PureVPN review.
7. ProtonVPN – VPN for Warzone with fast speeds
Email, knowledge base
- Top-notch performance
- Free version
- Isn’t suited for streaming
ProtonVPN is excellent for those seeking to protect themselves from Warzone players with malicious intentions. A reliable kill switch, AES-256 encryption, malware blocker, and IP and DNS leak protection ensure you remain invisible and untrackable online.
The sizable network of 1700+ servers in 63+ countries opens up a big playing field for everyone seeking better lobbies. The WireGuard tunneling protocol coupled with the VPN Accelerator tool will also accommodate low latency and tight security even when connecting to faraway places.
Specifically aimed at defending against network-based threats, Secure Core will be a favorite among Warzone players. Things like Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks will become a thing of the past with a tool created to prevent such interference.
This VPN has a freemium package for those who don’t want to pay for the services. It includes all the essential features, and even VPN Accelerator is enabled. The only limit is the server locations – America, Netherlands, and Japan.
For only $3.29/month, if you apply a code from our ProtonVPN coupon page, this provider proves to be a reliable VPN to play Warzone, no matter what server you connect to. There is no trial version because a free version is available, but the 30-day money-back guarantee is always here if it doesn’t work out.
For a deeper investigation of ProtonVPN, read our ProtonVPN review.
How to choose best VPN for CoD: Warzone
While most VPNs are suitable for gaming, it doesn’t mean they will work great specifically with Call of Duty: Warzone. A VPN to play Warzone should meet specific criteria:
- Extensive server network. If there are more locations, the possibility of finding the best gaming servers for you is much higher. It will also allow you to avoid overcrowding and dropped connections.
- Excellent speeds. Low latency and high download rates reduce in-game lag, which is detrimental to competitive online shooters. Note that these factors depend on the servers you use, so connecting to the nearest ones is vital for smooth performance.
- Tight security. No matter how secure the Call of Duty game is itself, you are still exposed to a variety of threats. A Warzone VPN should protect you by keeping you anonymous with AES-256 encryption, a kill switch, and IP and DNS leak prevention. This will prevent possible DDoS and phishing attacks as well.
- No-logs policy. Your online activities should remain hidden from everyone, including your VPN services. Pick providers that don’t collect any data about you or your sessions. Bonus points if this policy is audited independently by trusted third parties.
- Router support. A significant portion of players engages in this battle royale through consoles. The only way to be able to use a VPN with Xbox and PlayStation hardware is through your router. The provider of your choice should support and have instructions on how to set up the VPN on this device.
- Value for money. Just because a service is expensive, this doesn’t make it better than the cheaper VPN options. Make sure you’re paying the right amount for the features you are getting.
Currently, NordVPN is the top choice against leaks, ISP throttling, and DDoS attacks. Besides, its global server network will let you find bot lobbies easily and play SBMM-free.
How to get easy bot lobbies in Warzone with a VPN
Playing in easier Warzone lobbies can be fun, but it’s also a great way to boost your Kill/Death ratio. If you play in a country where the game is less popular, it’s simply impossible to find enough players that match your skill level. Therefore, the chance of bumping into seasoned teams that use voice chat to coordinate actions is reduced dramatically.
Here’s our step-by-step guide on getting easy bot lobbies in Warzone for Windows, Mac, PlayStation, and Xbox:
- Get the best VPN for Warzone. We recommend NordVPN, now 60% off!
- Install the VPN app on your device or router if you have PlayStation or Xbox
- Choose a server location that doesn’t match your time zone
- Start CoD: Warzone and see if the country is the same as VPN’s
- Search for a match with a good ping and have fun!
Best VPN servers location to play Warzone
The best VPN location for Warzone depends on the country you’re in. If you live in a remote place, choosing a VPN server on the other side of the world will significantly increase latency. Also, if you’re surrounded by countries where the game is popular, connecting to them won’t help get easy bot lobbies.
Another important factor when choosing the best VPN country for Warzone is time zone. If you’re in the US and connect to Chile after work, you will likely be matched with local players with a similar KD ratio. Therefore, we suggest picking a country in another time zone and playing when it’s between 6:00 AM and noon there.
Most guides on getting into bot lobbies recommend either Egypt or Germany, even though the latter is among the Top 5 countries that play this game daily. As a result, there are already quite a few “immigrant players” there who rank pretty high on the leaderboard.
All in all, you should find the best VPN country for Warzone on your own, evaluating distance, latency, and time zone.
Should you use a free VPN for Warzone?
It’s hard to recommend a free Warzone VPN mainly because of slow speeds and high latency. The vast majority of freemium provides come with deliberately reduced performance to make you get the premium version. Even entirely free VPNs still offer just a few overcrowded servers that slow down your connection. Other reasons include:
- Tiny networks. Connecting to the US or the UK won’t do you much good in terms of finding easy lobbies.
- IP leaks. Free services don’t always have the basic tools to hide your IP address and online activity. You won’t be able to connect to easier bot lobbies in Warzone. You’ll also become a target to hackers.
- Data selling. Free VPNs for Warzone sell your personal info to third parties – that’s how they make money.
- Malware injections. Some ill-reputed providers may plant malware into your device to steal personal data. That’s quite contrary to what a proper VPN does.
However, if you’re on a tight budget, we recommend getting the free Atlas VPN version. With it, you’ll be getting military-grade encryption, 2 GB/month, 3 locations, and a fast WireGuard tunneling protocol.
We also have a handy list of reputable VPNs with free trials if you want more providers than the one mentioned above.
Can I use a Warzone VPN on Xbox and PlayStation?
Yes, you can play CoD: Warzone with a VPN on Xbox and PlayStation hardware. It isn’t as straightforward as with PCs, though, because they don’t support Virtual Private Networks natively. But rest assured – you can do this by installing a VPN on a router. Once it is up and running, it will cover all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi.
Alternatively, you can also share your VPN with gaming systems via computer. Follow the instructions provided below.
How to connect your VPN to consoles via PC
- Subscribe to and download a Warzone VPN
- Connect your console to your desktop with an Ethernet cable
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon on your PC and go to Networks and Internet Settings
- Click Change Adapter Options, find your VPN, and select its Properties
- Tick the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection option and Confirm it
- Set up a new internet connection on your console – pick the LAN cable option
- Your VPN should be connected to the gaming system – boot up Call of Duty: Warzone and enjoy some epic shootouts!
My VPN isn’t working with Call of Duty: Warzone
So, you’re connected to a VPN server, and the game is up and running like usual. But for some reason, you’re still finding yourself in the same ol’ lobbies with veteran players you’ve been trying to avoid in the first place. You can resolve this VPN problem by doing some troubleshooting:
- Disconnect from your current server, restart your VPN, and choose a different location – remember to reload Warzone as well
- Make sure your VPN is up to date – always make sure the software is up to date
- Contact the customer support – professionals will help you find and fix the issue step by step
And if the issue persists, subscribe to the best gaming VPN that works as intended. You’ll enjoy a seamless gaming experience without these pesky issues with premium services.
Call of Duty: Warzone is a great game, but even the greatest players get tired of competing each night. Sometimes you just want to chill and enjoy a leisurely evening with your buddies. Unfortunately, finding easy bot lobbies just for fun is an arduous task. That’s due to SBMM creating matches based on your Kill/Death ratio.
To avoid SBMM and play Warzone in easy lobbies, you’ll need to use a reliable VPN with unlimited bandwidth, tops speeds, and tight security. Our recommendation is NordVPN, now with a 60% discount. This provider has everything you need from a gaming VPN and much more.
What’s your favorite VPN location for Warzone? Don’t share it in the comments below, or it will get overpopulated just like the Egypt servers did.
Can I get banned for using Warzone VPN?
No, you can’t get banned or “shadow banned”. While using a VPN to play Warzone can be considered cheating by some players, such services are not against Activision’s official policies. So, you are free to utilize a VPN.
Will a VPN for Warzone increase ping?
Using the best VPNs for Warzone won’t increase your ping noticeably. However, this depends on the distance to a nearby server and whether it’s overcrowded. All VPNs have more than one server in each location, so you can find one with the lowest latency. Anything between 15-50 milliseconds is considered a good ping and more than acceptable for smooth gaming.
Can I use a VPN with Call of Duty: Mobile?
Yes, you can use a VPN for CoD: Mobile in countries where it isn’t available. Note that the Terms & Conditions of this game state that using a VPN to change your location isn’t allowed. It will result in an automatic ban if you’re caught doing so. If you really want to use a VPN, you should invest in a provider with solid Stealth VPN tools.
Which is the best Warzone VPN?
NordVPN is the best Warzone VPN in 2022. It provides the fastest speeds, low latency and plenty of servers to choose from. We strongly recommend this provider if you want the best Call of Duty experience.
Nadin has been tinkering with computers and gadgets for as long as she can remember. She has extensive knowledge about various topics, including IoT, Linux, digital security, and more. Nowadays, she works as an IT network professional and writes helpful guides in her free time.