KuCoin is a widely-used cryptocurrency exchange platform. It’s known for supporting loads of altcoins (over 700), ease of use, and a massive user base.
Unfortunately, it has one fatal flaw – it is severely limited in the United States. It lacks a license in the region, preventing KYC (Know your Customer) verification. That means you’ll have fewer trading options and abysmal withdrawal limits.
Luckily, this isn’t a problem if you’re accessing KuCoin with a VPN (Virtual Private Network). It allows you to change your location to a country where licensing issues don’t hinder the trading platform. Read on to learn the juicy details.
How to access KuCoin in the US with a VPN
- Purchase a well-performing VPN. Our top choice for KuCoin is NordVPN, currently 68% off
- Download the VPN software on your favorite crypto-trading device
- Reroute your traffic through a country where KuCoin is available (e.g., the UK, Canada)
- Create an account, verify it, and trade on KuCoin without trouble!
Best VPN for KuCoin: shortlist
- The best VPN for KuCoin9.6
- Secure KuCoin VPN with unlimited connections9.4
- The cheapest VPN suitable for KuCoin9.0
Why do you need a VPN to use KuCoin?
There are many reasons to get a VPN for crypto trading, even if you’re not a frustrated KuCoin customer from the USA.
Firstly, changing your location with a VPN is the most reliable way to get around geographical restrictions. Most customers use this advantage to get more out of their Netflix subscription. However, many websites and online services are plagued by geo-blocking, including crypto exchanges like KuCoin and Binance.
Another essential perk of the best VPN services is strong encryption. It makes your online activities completely indecipherable to unwelcome snoopers, such as your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and the government. Plus, having your connection encased in a VPN tunnel makes you immune to man-in-the-middle attacks and other cybersecurity threats.
Finally, a secure and feature-rich VPN can make your browsing experience more pleasant by blocking unwanted additions on the internet. To be precise, I’m talking about malicious advertisements, online trackers, phishing attempts, and more.
Best VPNs to access KuCoin in the US
It would be remiss to skip the technical details and features expected from the best VPNs for KuCoin. Without going into details, these are:
- Wide-reaching server network
- Reliable VPN kill switch
- AES-256 encryption
- Airtight DNS leak protection
- Modern and secure tunneling protocols
- Apps for popular crypto-trading devices
- Multiple connection support with one account
You may think that such an extended list of benefits would cost a fortune. Thankfully, that’s not the case with our compiled list of excellent KuCoin VPN services. Best of all, they have money-back guarantees and even free trials.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for KuCoin
24/7 live chat, Email
- Ultra-fast with NordLynx
- Independently-audited zero-logs policy
- Excellent cybersecurity features
- Only six simultaneous connections
The ultimate tool for keeping your KuCoin transactions confidential is NordVPN. The service operates from privacy-respecting Panama and is trusted by millions of users worldwide. You can get started by grabbing the 7-day NordVPN trial on the Google Play Store with an Android device.
NordVPN commands a massive fleet of 5500+ servers in 59+ countries. The provider runs the entire network, which uses RAM-only server technology to ensure top-notch data protection. Furthermore, wicked-fast connections are conducted with the proprietary NordLynx protocol, which is modeled after WireGuard.
Unlike its competitors, NordVPN keeps customers safe against viruses and malware with its powerful Threat Protection feature. This tool scans your device for malicious files and blocks other online nuisances. Moreover, the VPN reliably deals with geo-blocks and is a solid choice for streaming region-exclusive Netflix content.
Subscription prices start at $2.99/month and include bonus subscription time when using NordVPN coupon codes. Don’t hesitate to sign up because you’re free to change your mind later, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN – secure KuCoin VPN with unlimited connections
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Infinite connections with one account
- Great speed using WireGuard
- Loads of security features
- Some features cost extra
Lost count of how many devices you own that need a VPN’s protection? Why not use a service that supports unlimited device connections, for example, Surfshark VPN? The provider is ideal for KuCoin, too, with its massive server network. Check it out with the 7-day Surfshark trial.
The service boasts 3200+ servers across 100+ countries. All hardware is RAM-only, meaning there’s no chance of finding residual data on hard drives if authorities ever seize the servers. On the other hand, connection performance is impressive with the open-source WireGuard protocol.
Surfshark users have no shortage of tools for keeping their online activities hidden and well-guarded. Firstly, CleanWeb will block ads and online trackers from muddying your internet escapades. Meanwhile, NoBorders mode will mask your traffic and prevent VPN restrictions from affecting you. Lastly, the IP Rotator makes it impossible to track you by your IP address.
You can unlock this VPN for as little as $1.99/month. The best deals are reserved for Surfshark VPN coupon holders. Best of all, each subscription is insured with a 30-day money-back warranty.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. Atlas VPN – the cheapest VPN suitable for KuCoin
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Solid free version
- Limitless connections
- Great connectivity with WireGuard
- No router firmware
Atlas VPN provides the most budget-friendly way of unblocking KuCoin in the US. The service is exceptionally cheap and even has a well-performing free plan for potential customers to try out.
Premium users unlock 750+ servers in 37+ countries. Connection options include specialized servers for streaming and improving your privacy with one-of-a-kind features. Meanwhile, blazing-fast connectivity is guaranteed with the modern WireGuard protocol.
Masking your digital footprint won’t be a problem with Atlas VPN, thanks to its abundance of features. For example, SafeSwap can periodically alter your IP address without interfering with the VPN connection. If that’s not enough, MultiHop+ will take it a step further and reroute your traffic through multiple servers on different continents.
The complete package costs merely $1.64/month. You’ll get top discounts with a valid Atlas VPN discount code. And don’t worry about buyer’s remorse because your purchase is covered with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
4. PrivateVPN – well-rounded and affordable VPN for KuCoin
24/7 live chat
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Versatile set of features
- Effective and affordable
- Lacks WireGuard
Already familiar with our recommended providers? Then try out an under-the-radar service, such as PrivateVPN. It hails from Sweden and provides substantial benefits at affordable prices.
PrivateVPN runs a tight-knit network of 200+ servers across 63+ countries. It combines the OpenVPN protocol with HQN (High Quality Network) technology to peak connectivity. Additionally, performance is further enhanced because the provider is solely responsible for the server hardware.
One Private VPN account supports 10 simultaneous connections. If you need more, router firmware is available for securing an entire network. The VPN is perfect for torrenters because it offers port forwarding and split tunneling features.
Get started with this VPN by investing only $2.00/month. Alternatively, get acquainted first using the 7-day free trial. After that, your subscription is protected with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
5. Proton VPN – trustworthy KuCoin VPN from Switzerland
Email, knowledge base
- 10 connections with one account
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- Open-source software for extra reliability
- Above-average prices
Online privacy enthusiasts should look no further than Proton VPN. It comes from the creators of ProtonMail and brings an impressive arsenal for keeping users completely anonymous. And if you’re not ready to commit to the premium plan, consider the unlimited free option first.
The Proton VPN network contains 1700+ servers in 66+ countries. Besides standard hardware, the service offers hardened Secure Core servers for bonus protection against network-based attacks. Best of all, improved cybersecurity doesn’t come at the expense of connection speed, thanks to the presence of WireGuard.
Netizens frequently opt for Proton VPN because it has a reliable and trustworthy background. For starters, it’s located in privacy-friendly Switzerland, a country that doesn’t bend its knee to foreign authorities. Furthermore, the no-logs policy is audited by a third party to ensure that the provider doesn’t collect any data. Finally, you can see under the hood yourself because all apps are open-source.
This provider has a hefty price tag of $3.99/month. If that’s too much, consider using the free plan first. Otherwise, experience the full package without risks because your purchase is protected with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Proton VPN, read our Proton VPN review.
How we selected these KuCoin VPNs
Putting this list together was no easy task. We had to test numerous VPN services with the KuCoin platform to see whether we could trade without trouble. However, we had to start by reviewing some general perks these services bring to the table.
- Country options and server network. It would be ridiculous to recommend a VPN without servers in countries where KuCoin is available. Plus, you’ll benefit more from an extensive selection. That’s why we prioritized providers with thousands of worldwide servers.
- Security and privacy features. Unsurprisingly, crypto traders are more likely to be targeted by cybercriminals than most. After all, why bother with small fry when there are plenty of well-off targets on crypto exchanges? That means your VPN needs diverse and reliable protection tools against malware and phishing attacks.
- Tunneling protocols and connection speed. While crypto trading isn’t the most data-intensive activity, you don’t want your internet connection to stall, either. This is guaranteed with efficient VPN tunneling protocols, such as WireGuard. Alternatively, you can check performance using third-party VPN speed tests.
- Device compatibility. Users access cryptocurrency exchanges primarily on desktop and mobile devices. As such, your virtual private network must be compatible with these gadgets. However, pay attention to bonus apps if you plan on using the VPN in other scenarios. For example, you can utilize VPNs with router firmware on practically any device.
- Subscription price. Perhaps you want to minimize your digital security budget to save money for trading on KuCoin. In that case, you’ll want to use a VPN coupon code to receive ridiculous discounts. Either way, we selected providers with excellent price-to-performance ratios.
- Customer support options. Using a VPN to circumvent geo-blocking can be an error-prone and frustrating experience. On the other hand, it doesn’t have to be if you have experienced customer service specialists at your disposal.
Where KuCoin is available
As of writing this article, the fully-featured KuCoin platform is available everywhere except the United States and China. KYC verification isn’t available in these lone countries, meaning your KuCoin experience will have certain limitations.
For example, you’ll only be able to withdraw 1 BTC or $400 worth of funds every 24 hours. Meanwhile, verified users can withdraw 200 BTC (or $500,000). Plus, your customer support requests will have lower priority.
Forget about these problems and follow our detailed guide on unblocking KuCoin in the USA.
How to trade on KuCoin in the US with a VPN
- Pick a secure and trustworthy VPN. NordVPN is king in this regard
- Connect to a country where KuCoin supports KYC verification. Options include European countries and Canada
- Log in or create a new KuCoin account
- Verify your account via the email link if you created a new account
- Complete the KYC process by following KuCoin’s guides
- Enable 2FA for improved security against hacking attempts
- Use KuCoin to its full potential from anywhere!
KuCoin not working with a VPN: solution
It should be no surprise that VPNs don’t work flawlessly. However, it’s important to note that it isn’t always the fault of the virtual private network that KuCoin isn’t working. For example, the website could be blocking the IP address of the server you’re using.
Whatever the case may be, here are a few steps to mitigate issues with your VPN and KuCoin.
- Make sure KuCoin supports your server country. The list of KuCoin-supported countries can change due to legal changes or other issues. Therefore, you should always double-check whether your VPN server country is supposed to work with KuCoin.
- Check for IP and DNS leaks. DNS and IP leaks can reveal your true location and thus prevent effective geo-block circumvention. Check for cracks in the VPN connection using tools like ip.me
- Connect to another server. KuCoin won’t make it clear if a VPN IP address is blocked. If you suspect it is, an easy fix is switching to another server.
- Enable Stealth VPN. Some networks restrict VPN traffic entirely. However, that’s not a huge issue if the service has features for bypassing VPN blocks. These tools make your traffic appear as regular HTTPS activity rather than VPN-encrypted traffic.
- Try using a browser extension. A different approach would be using a VPN browser extension instead of an app. It’s worth a shot if your provider has this option.
- Contact customer support. No need to fret if you ran out of ideas – your VPN’s customer service specialists might know what’s up.
Can you use a free VPN to access KuCoin?
Your desire to save money might lead to using free VPNs to access KuCoin in the US. However, there are some flaws with this course of action. They stem from the fact that no-cost VPNs have debilitating downsides, such as:
- Data caps. The best free VPN services are freemium options, which impose various limitations on unpaying users to make the premium plan more appealing. The most common restriction is a monthly or daily data cap.
- Throttled speed. Reducing connection speeds for free users is a common tactic to ensure peak performance for premium customers. Plus, this guarantees that freeloaders don’t excessively strain the network and negatively impact overall connectivity.
- Tiny server networks. As a free user, you’ll have less options in terms of country and server selection. That means lower chances of unblocking KuCoin in the US.
- Fewer security features. Free VPNs provide the bare minimum in the security department. Don’t expect anything more than IP address hiding and DNS leak protection.
- Potential data logging. Opting for unreliable VPN providers will result in your data harvested and sold on the dark web. Low-quality services do this to make a profit since you’re not paying for a subscription but are still using the VPNs resources.
Naturally, some traders rightfully want to experience VPN benefits without first committing to a long-term subscription. Thankfully, you can test the waters using many different VPNs with free trials. After that, a VPN coupon code will grant access to exceptional deals and discounts.
Is KuCoin safe?
Like any other crypto exchange, KuCoin has potential risks. For starters, having so much cryptocurrency circulating in a centralized location makes it a lucrative target for hackers. Additionally, a VPN won’t protect your assets if they’re stored on someone else’s network.
It’s worth noting that KuCoin suffered a hack in September 2020, resulting in roughly $275 million losses. Stolen assets include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and even fiat currencies.
However, this shouldn’t dissuade you from using crypto exchanges or VPNs. After all, the latter is still essential for preventing targeted attacks, staying anonymous, and getting around geographical restrictions.
Many people use virtual private networks to curb geo-blocking and make the most of online subscriptions that are plagued by them. Similarly, a KuCoin VPN can help US crypto traders maximize their withdrawal limits, digitally protect their transactions, and stay anonymous.
Don’t miss out on these cybersecurity benefits and get NordVPN, the best VPN for KuCoin!
Do you think a VPN is necessary while dealing with cryptocurrencies? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment!
Is KuCoin available in the US?
Yes, KuCoin is available in the US, but it provides severely limited features (low withdrawal amounts, etc.) because of the lack of KYC verification. Luckily, these restrictions can be circumvented using a VPN to change your location to a region where KYC verification is supported.
Is it legal to use a VPN with KuCoin?
Yes, using a VPN with KuCoin or any cryptocurrency exchange is perfectly legal. However, it’s paramount to check the terms and conditions to see what the platform says about customers virtually changing their location. Typically, websites don’t approve of this practice yet don’t punish customers for it.
Can I use a free VPN for KuCoin?
You can, but it’s not recommended. For starters, you’ll have fewer server options, making it more challenging to unblock KuCoin in the US. Furthermore, free VPNs have slower connection speeds and data caps, which result in a more frustrating online experience.
What is the best VPN for KuCoin?
NordVPN is the best VPN for KuCoin. It has a massive fleet of 5500+ servers in 59+ countries, making it easy to unblock the crypto trading platform in the USA. Additionally, it provides loads of cybersecurity benefits, thanks to the Threat Protection feature.
How to use a VPN with KuCoin?
First, subscribe to a reliable KuCoin VPN. Then install the software on your main trading device. Once installed, login and connect to a country where KuCoin is available (e.g., Europe, Canada). Now you can use KuCoin and complete the KYC verification process.