Voot is an online streaming platform that Viacom18 owns. It launched in 2016 and quickly became a favorite among the already established platforms in India, such as Hotstar, DittoTV, SonyLIV, and Viu. Best of all, the service is available for free.
Sadly, geographical limitations mean that foreign viewers can’t access the expansive Bollywood library on Voot. Instead, they need to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to reroute their connection through India and gain entry to the streaming service.
However, not every provider is capable of unlocking the platform. This is why we’re here to tell you which VPNs are best and how to watch Voot in USA or anywhere else.
How to watch Voot in the USA with a VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN with servers in India. We recommend NordVPN, currently available for 68% off!
- Install the VPN and connect to any server in India
- Visit the Voot website or download the app and create a free account
- Watch the best content from India for free!
Why do you need a VPN for Voot?
Many popular streaming services are subjected to geographical restrictions. Even if a platform is available globally, it provides different content based on your location. Alternatively, you will have absolutely no access to a service if it’s made exclusive to one country.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to change your virtual location and watch Voot as if you were in India. A virtual private network works by redirecting your web traffic through a server in a remote location of your choice. Furthermore, you gain benefits in the form of military-grade encryption and IP address masking. These perks are paramount for maintaining anonymity online.
Moreover, a VPN can prevent online censorship and ISP data throttling. Once your web traffic is hidden, digital borders crumble, and you can indulge in whatever you wish. However, the service needs exceptional security features to protect you against various online attacks.
Best VPNs for Voot: an overview
A good VPN for Voot needs more than just a few servers in India. For starters, it needs to be free from IP and DNS leaks to ensure reliable unblocking of content. Additionally, streaming video content requires fast connection speeds if you want to enjoy it in crisp UHD or 4K. And if you ever run into issues while trying to watch Voot, you need the assurance that 24/7 customer support is available.
These are just a few criteria that helped us pick the top three VPNs for Voot. You can take each one for a spin completely risk-free since each includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for Voot
24/7 live chat, Email
- Wicked fast
- Independently audited and secure
- Great for streaming
- No router app
The best VPN for Voot is NordVPN. It’s a popular go-to choice for unblocking various streaming platforms. Plus, it boasts exceptional security and performance.
Firstly, NordVPN is equipped with 5500+ servers in 59+ countries. Many of them utilize RAM-only technology to provide industry-leading privacy. Additionally, you can purchase a dedicated IP and have an entire server for your personal needs.
The proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol provides some of the fastest available VPN connections. As such, NordVPN is a solid choice if you want lag-free streams while unblocking Netflix, Disney+, or Voot. Moreover, the SmartPlay feature lets you enjoy the VPN on almost any device.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – Voot VPN with unlimited connections
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Infinite connections
- Fast and reliable
- Bonus protection against viruses
- Unaudited no-logs policy
Surfshark is the perfect VPN if you want to watch Voot on every device you come across. It permits unlimited simultaneous connections and provides top-notch privacy.
For starters, Surfshark runs a network of 3200+ servers in 100+ countries. All these servers are running on RAM-only technology and provide unprecedented confidentiality. Meanwhile, static IP servers are available if you need a consistent IP address.
Customers can use the modern WireGuard protocol and surf the web at ludicrous speeds. Naturally, the same method provides swift access to bonus movies and TV shows on HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, and Voot. Additionally, the Smart DNS feature enables Surfshark users to activate the VPN even on devices like gaming consoles and smart TVs.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. Atlas VPN – the most affordable VPN for Voot
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Free version
- Unlimited connections
- Good feature selection
- Lacking in device compatibility
Atlas VPN is the cheapest way of lifting Voot geographical restrictions. Plus, it’s fast, secure, and grants limitless simultaneous connections with one subscription.
To start, Atlas VPN is packed with 750+ servers in 37+ countries. Some provide the unique SafeSwap feature that periodically changes your IP address without interrupting your connection.
The VPN uses the modern and open-source WireGuard tunneling protocol. It ensures lightning-fast performance when unblocking content on BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Voot. Plus, Atlas VPN is available on Amazon Fire TV Stick, Android TV, desktop, and mobile devices.
Although Atlas VPN has a free version, it does not include servers in India. Thankfully, subscriptions are quite affordable and start at $1.83/month when providing a discount code.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
How to watch Voot on your device
Voot is available on a wide range of different devices, such as desktop machines, mobile phones, smart TVs, Android TV, Fire Stick, and more. Thankfully, many of these devices are compatible with VPN software, allowing you to unblock the streaming platform on your preferred device conveniently. However, the installation process might differ slightly with each, so we’ll quickly guide you through the process.
How to watch Voot on PC with a VPN
Almost all VPN services provide a dedicated app for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Therefore, it’s elementary to unblock Voot on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Subscribe to a reliable streaming VPN. Our top choice is NordVPN
- Install the software and connect to any server in India
- Visit the Voot website, create a free account, and log in
- Watch the best Bollywood movies on your PC!
How to watch Voot on mobile devices
Voot provides dedicated Android and iOS apps for watching Hindi movies on the go. Furthermore, virtual private networks are also available on mobile phones as these devices critically need the added privacy benefits. Here’s how to combine the two for peace of mind while watching your guilty pleasures.
- Choose a mobile-friendly VPN provider. We suggest NordVPN currently available for 68% off!
- Go to your phone’s app store and download the VPN app
- Launch the app and connect to a server in India
- Create a new Google Account of Apple ID and pick India as its location of origin
- Visit the app store again and search for the Voot app
- Download it, log in, and enjoy Hindi movies wherever you are!
How to watch Voot on Android TV
Android TV owners will be pleased to know that Voot is downloadable directly onto your home entertainment device. Best of all, the Voot VPN services we mentioned earlier also have apps for Android TV, making the process a piece of cake.
- Pick a VPN with an Android TV app. Our go-to option is NordVPN
- Download the VPN to your Android TV
- Connect to servers in India
- Download the official Voot Android TV application
- Log in and watch whatever you want on the big screen!
How to watch Voot on Amazon Fire TV
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is especially popular among streaming enthusiasts due to its versatility and mobility. It’s compatible with practically any TV screen that has an HDMI port and easily fits in your pocket. Plus, you can install third-party applications on it, including Voot and virtual private networks.
- Get a VPN that’s compatible with FireOS. Our #1 pick is NordVPN, the best VPN overall
- Download the official VPN app
- Connect to a server in India
- Search for the Voot app and install it
- Enjoy the best of Bollywood on your Fire TV!
How to watch Voot on Apple TV
Although Voot is directly compatible with Apple TV, many VPN providers are not. But no need to worry; there’s a workaround to enjoy geo-unblocking even without installing a virtual private network on Apple TV. Instead, you need to set up your home router with a VPN and connect the home entertainment device to that network.
- Purchase a VPN that’s manually configurable on routers. My favorite is NordVPN with a 68% discount
- Set up the VPN on your home router with servers in India
- Connect your Apple TV to the newly configured network
- Download the official Voot app from the Apple App Store
- Watch the extensive Voot library conveniently!
How to watch Voot outside India
The best thing about VPNs is that they work regardless of where you are. Your actual location will influence connectivity, but not significantly if you choose a fast VPN provider. Just make sure that the virtual private network has access to servers in India. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access the enormous Voot library.
Here’s what you have to do once you’ve picked a VPN for India to unblock Voot.
- Download the VPN onto your preferred streaming device
- Connect to servers in India
- Visit the Voot website or launch the official application
- Access the expansive Voot library from anywhere in the world!
Can I use a free VPN for Voot?
Since Voot has a free tier, it would be ideal if it worked with free VPN services as the perfect no-cost entertainment combo. Unfortunately, such VPN providers are ill-suited to unlock foreign streaming platforms like Voot. This predicament stems from the numerous downsides of free virtual private networks, such as:
- Tiny server networks
- Few country options
- Throttled bandwidth
- Outdated security practices
- Inability to get around geographical restrictions
- Potential data logging
As such, you’re more likely to lose your mind than find a free VPN for Voot. Instead, we recommend grabbing a free trial of a premium VPN to see if it’s up to the task. If it is, take advantage of a virtual private network coupon and enjoy mind-boggling discounts when purchasing a subscription.
Can’t access Voot with a VPN?
It’s unreasonable to expect a VPN to work all the time flawlessly. Luckily, you can do a few things if you encounter issues while trying to access Voot with a VPN.
- Check for IP and DNS leaks. A VPN won’t work as intended if your actual IP address or DNS requests are leaking. You can check for leaks on various websites.
- Connect to a different server. It’s likely that the streaming service discovered and blocked a particular IP address. You can remedy this by switching servers. Plus, you can resolve this issue entirely with a dedicated IP.
- Clear browser cache and cookies. If you’re connecting to the Voot website, cookies from other websites could be exposing your true location. Prevent this by using incognito mode or clearing the browser cache.
- Check for updates on your VPN app. Perhaps you’re using an outdated version of the VPN app that’s incapable of circumventing geo-blocks. An update could help.
- Contact customer support. There’s no shame in calling in reinforcements. Plus, it’ll take no time at all if your VPN service provides 24/7 live chat support.
What to watch on Voot?
Voot is a video-on-demand service that Viacom18 owns. It provides over 35,000 hours of content in the form of blockbuster movies, reality TV shows, original programming, and more.
Users can enjoy the platform entirely for free via the ad-supported tier. Alternatively, Voot Select is the premium version that starts at roughly $3.95 on the annual subscription. It removes ads, grants live TV and sports access and unlocks exclusive international shows and premieres.
Some of the most popular shows available on Voot include:
- Big Boss
- Khatron Ke Khiladi
How to watch Voot Select in USA
Unlocking the full potential of Voot requires a premium account. Here’s how to subscribe to the service quickly and efficiently.
- Click the Upgrade button in the top left corner of the website
- Pick your preferred subscription plan and enter your payment details
- Wait for confirmation in your email
- Watch everything on Voot completely ad-free!
Gaining access to the video-on-demand service is a simple endeavor if you have a reliable streaming VPN for Voot at your fingertips. All you have to do is connect to servers in India and visit the Voot website or launch the app. Plus, a virtual private network provides countless security and privacy benefits.
Which VPN do you use to unlock Voot? Share your preferences by leaving a comment!
You may also like to read:
Best VPN for Disney+
How to watch CBS online
How to watch HBO Max online
How to watch live TV on Hulu
How to watch Harry Potter on Netflix
How to watch the Olympics with a VPN
Best VPN for Reliance Jio
Can I use a free VPN for Voot?
No, free VPNs typically don’t work with streaming services like Voot. They provide slow connectivity that results in stuttering or long buffering times while watching. Additionally, most don’t even have the necessary servers in India to circumvent geographical restrictions.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Voot?
Yes, there are no laws against using a VPN to get around geographical restrictions. However, the Voot terms of service mention that VPN use is not recommended and could result in a non-refundable subscription.
Which VPN is best for the Voot app?
The best VPN for Voot is NordVPN. It’s incredibly fast, exceptionally secure, and a popular choice among streaming enthusiasts. Plus, it provides six simultaneous connections and is compatible with a wide array of different devices.
Is Voot available outside India?
At the moment, Voot is only available in India. While there are plans to expand, your best bet is to purchase a streaming VPN and unlock the video-on-demand service that way.