Disney+ is a popular streaming platform that grants you access to movies and TV shows from Pixar, Marvel, National Geographic, and others. This service is only available in the US, Canada, the Netherlands, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and a few other countries, though. This is mainly due to copyright licensing, which prohibits it from being accessible to everyone in certain regions.
Thankfully, this issue can be circumvented by utilizing a premium Virtual Private Network (VPN). This nifty tool will change your IP address, making it seem like you reside in another place. The right VPN will unblock Disney Plus and allow you to watch your favorite movies in excellent quality. Below, we’ll be reviewing the 5 best VPNs for Disney Plus, all of which will let you unblock Disney+ abroad.
5 Best VPNs for Disney+
- The best VPN for Disney+9.6
- Disney+ VPN with lightning-fast speeds9.4
- Affordable VPN for Disney Plus9.0
- Disney+ VPN with great device compatibility8.7
- The cheapest VPN for Disney Plus8.4
How to unblock Disney+ with a VPN
- Subscribe to a Disney+ VPN. Our recommendation is NordVPN, currently available for 68% off!
- Install the VPN on the device of your choice
- Pick and connect to a server in a country where Disney+ is available
- Enjoy streaming without buffering!
Why do you need a VPN to stream Disney+?
Despite being a popular streaming service, Disney Plus is available only in select countries and not the whole world. Why? Most of it has to do with licensing laws, which prevent this platform from expanding its reach across the globe. It doesn’t stop people from trying to gain access to exclusive material, though.
Its extensive library includes lots of classics, like Star Wars, the Simpsons, and Disney animated movies. There’s content from other studios that fall under the Disney umbrella as well, like Pixar animations.
Disney+ plus also boasts a fine selection of content created specifically for this service. For example, the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe is here, leaving fans watching Marvel on Netflix frustrated. Furthermore, the things you can watch are notably different depending on your region.
Thanks to geo-restriction bypassing capabilities, VPNs can help with these things in mere seconds. All you need is a simple IP address change to finally watch everything you want on Disney+. Plus, it’s helpful if you’re a regular user finding yourself on a workplace network where it’s blocked – simply connect to a home server and enjoy your shows.
Best VPNs for Disney Plus: overview
- NordVPN – the best VPN for Disney Plus
- Surfshark – Disney+ VPN with lightning-fast speeds
- PrivateVPN – affordable VPN for Disney Plus
- IPVanish – Disney+ VPN with great device compatibility
- Atlas VPN – the cheapest VPN for Disney Plus
The best VPNs must include a few crucial things under their belts. An expansive server list with many IP addresses to ensure your ability to connect to the service in as many places as possible. Disney+ is well-known for actively checking for IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks and tends to block VPN traffic if they uncover it, so extra options will always be handy. Lightning-fast VPNs are welcome as well because their speeds accommodate an extra smooth streaming experience.
Besides military-grade encryption, IP and DNS leak protection, compatibility is essential – they must support all major devices with easy-to-install apps for the smoothest experience. And to top it all off, the more simultaneous connections are available per account, the better. It will allow the whole family to watch what they want whenever they want according to their tastes.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for Disney+
24/7 live chat, Email
- SmartPlay to unblock Disney+ and more
- NordLynx for wicked-fast speeds
- Independently-audited and secure
- No router app
NordVPN is the best VPN for Disney+ and arguably the finest service for streaming overall. Located in privacy-friendly Panama, anything you do while connected to it remains safely hidden from anyone, including the provider itself. Its zero-logs policy remains true after being audited by an independent third party several times.
Its 5500+ strong server fleet is spread out across 59+ countries. The speeds are bound to be excellent, allowing you to stream in 4K quality with no buffering to sour the experience. You can thank the proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol for that. Connecting to Obfuscated Servers will hide all VPN activity as well.
This VPN unblocks Disney+ and other streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. It’s made possible with SmartPlay, which cloaks your IP address and encrypts your internet connection, allowing you to access platforms while staying protected and anonymous.
With six simultaneous connections per account, this service is surprisingly cheap – just $2.99/month. That is, if you apply our NordVPN discount code. What’s more, you can try it risk-free thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee or take a shot at their 7-day free trial, available via Google Play Store.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – Disney+ VPN with lightning-fast speeds
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- SmartDNS for smooth streaming
- No device limit
- Highly affordable
- No-logs policy hasn't been audited
Surfshark is another excellent VPN for Disney+ that offers unlimited simultaneous connections and wicked-fast speeds. The strict no-logs policy and the usual privacy measures will keep you well hidden from everyone while you enjoy Disney via phone, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and others.
This VPN includes a vast network – 3200+ RAM-only servers in 100+ countries. It covers a wide area, ensuring lightning-fast speeds wherever you are with the WireGuard protocol. Hence, Disney Plus and other streaming platforms, such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video work like a charm. Furthermore, Camouflage Mode will hide your VPN usage from prying eyes.
The Smart DNS feature allows you to easily watch your favorite content on smart TVs and game consoles alike. The NoBorders mode works in China, too, so you can access all the content you want, even in restrictive regions.
Finally, what makes this provider one of the best VPNs for Disney Plus is the low price – $2.05/month with our Surfshark coupon. You can take it for a spin with the 7-day free trial via Apple App Store or Google Play Store. And if the subscription doesn’t pan out, take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PrivateVPN – affordable VPN for Disney Plus
24/7 live chat
- User-friendly apps for many platforms
- Great price/feature ratio
- Excellent geo-unblocking capabilities
- Support could be more responsive
Another suitable VPN for Disney+, PrivateVPN offers just the right tools for the job. Being based in a Fourteen Eyes Surveillance Alliance country – Sweden – doesn’t stop this provider from doing right by its users. It doesn’t log any of your data and activities, keeping you anonymous on all fronts.
Although it only has 200+ servers in 63+ countries, don’t let the smaller network size scare you off. All hardware is owned by the provider – no third party can tamper with it. Furthermore, this modest set-up allows for better infrastructure optimization, meaning the speeds are great enough for comfortable 4K watching.
PrivateVPN unblocks a myriad of streaming services besides Disney Plus, like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer. What makes this even better is that you can use the app on a wide range of devices, including Android TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and Kodi.
Superb speeds, tight security, and 10 simultaneous connections come at the low cost of $2.00/month by applying the PrivateVPN discount code. You can test the 7-day free trial before committing to anything or recoup your losses with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
4. IPVanish – Disney+ VPN with great device compatibility
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Extensive server list
- Easy-to-use apps
- No anonymous payment methods
Download IPVanish for Disney+ to enjoy lightning-fast speeds and unlimited simultaneous connections. This provider has apps for all the major platforms, as well as ChromeOS and Amazon Fire Stick TV. For full device coverage, you can even install it on your router.
Thanks to a company-owned network of 2000+ servers in 50+ countries, the connections will be excellent regardless of your location. Outstanding performance is further guaranteed with the presence of the WireGuard tunneling protocol.
You’ll successfully unblock Disney+ and even access Netflix US for almost endless streaming possibilities. The handy traffic obfuscation tool will allow you to remain virtually anonymous, too, keeping you undetectable to snoopers.
Apply an IPVanish coupon and pay just $3.99/month for a subscription to this reliable VPN. While it doesn’t have a free trial version, you can still utilize the 30-day money-back guarantee to check out how well it works.
For a deeper investigation of IPVanish, read our IPVanish review.
5. Atlas VPN – the cheapest VPN for Disney Plus
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Best free version
- No device limit
- Unlocks popular streaming platforms
- Apps lack features
Offering great tools for all tiers alike, Atlas VPN is more than suitable for Disney+ and other streaming platforms. With just the right privacy features and strict no-logs, you’ll stay completely hidden while accessing your favorite streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Video Prime.
750+ servers in 37+ countries might not seem much, but it’s definitely enough to connect to countries where Disney Plus is available. The WireGuard protocol ensures high-quality video regardless of where you live.
Atlas VPN supports Windows, macOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV Stick devices. While you can’t install it on a router yet, this provider makes up for it with unlimited simultaneous connections per account.
You can subscribe to this VPN for $1.83/month by applying the Atlas VPN coupon. The free version is up for grabs, too, but note that it doesn’t unlock streaming. Still, if the premium plan isn’t right, feel free to use the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
What should I look for in a VPN for Disney+?
A suitable VPN for Disney Plus should meet several requirements. Some of the criteria are as follows:
- Expansive server network. The more hardware there is, the better. Especially if the servers are located in places like the US, Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, and New Zealand, where Disney+ is freely available. Ideally, the VPN of your choice has servers dedicated to streaming.
- Incredible speeds. No data caps accompanied by protocols such as WireGuard are required for 4K HD quality and zero buffering time. You can check the speed of your chosen provider with independent VPN speed test tools.
- Compatibility. All major devices should be supported, like macOS, Windows, Android, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, routers, and others.
- Lots of connections. It is vital for big families with different tastes. If a Disney Plus VPN doesn’t have unlimited devices, there should be at least 5 simultaneous connections per account minimum.
- Streaming possibilities. If you want to unblock Disney+, chances are you also want to enjoy other video services freely. It’s best if the provider also bypasses Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer restrictions.
- Security. The premium VPN should protect your devices from detection and the threats it entails. The included features should be AES-256 encryption, IP and DNS leak prevention, a kill switch, Stealth VPN, and the like.
- Price. Subscribe only to ones that offer multiple useful features for a reasonable price. An expensive service with only the essentials is not worth it, when a cheaper VPN can do much more for less.
- Customer support. 24/7 live chat support is preferable for fast VPN error troubleshooting and resolution if anything goes wrong.
Countries where Disney+ is available
At the moment of writing this article, this service is available in several places worldwide. You can register and watch your favorite Disney content if you reside in:
|North America||Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, French West Indies, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, the US|
|South America||Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, the Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela|
|Europe||Austria, Belgium, Channel Islands, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, Wallis and Futuna|
|Asia||Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand|
|Africa||Mauritius, Mayotte, Réunion|
|Oceania||Australia, New Zealand|
Every few months, Disney+ becomes available to more and more places. Be on the lookout for news of its arrival in your country. Remember that you can still enjoy Disney content with services like NordVPN that unblock this streaming platform anywhere.
Disney+ compatible devices
Disney Plus is supported on the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV, Tablet & FireStick
- Android TV, phones & tablets
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone & iPad)
- Google Chromecast
- LG WebOS Smart TV
- PlayStation (PS4 & PS5)
- Samsung Smart TV (Tizen OS)
- Vizio SmartCast TV
- Xbox (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S)
To make sure you can stream Disney+ from any device you want, choose a VPN with multi-platform support. NordVPN is our top choice for its great compatibility, user-friendly applications, and excellent features for bypassing restrictions on multiple streaming services. You’ll be able to quickly watch whatever you want, no matter what device you use.
How to watch Disney Plus on your device
While signing up for Disney+ is fairly easy, getting the platform to work on the device you use varies with each case. Before you begin, we recommend subscribing to a VPN that is best for your preferred tech:
How to watch Disney Plus on your PC (mac and Windows)
- Subscribe to a reliable Disney+ VPN. We strongly recommend using NordVPN.
- Connect to a place where this service is freely available
- Open the Disney Plus website
- Create a new account or log in
- Pick a show and start watching!
How to watch Disney Plus on your phone (Android and iPhone)
- Download a trusted VPN for Disney+. Currently, NordVPN is the best service for mobile devices.
- Install the application or set up the VPN on your router
- Pick a server where you can access Disney Plus
- Download the Disney+ app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Sign in and enjoy exclusive content!
How to watch Disney Plus on your Smart TV
- Install a compatible VPN. We suggest NordVPN, the provider with user-friendly apps.
- Connect to a server in a Disney Plus location
- Download the Disney+ app on your TV
- Log in and freely browse the catalog!
How to watch Disney Plus on streaming devices
You can also watch Disney Plus on several streaming devices, though getting the platform to work on them varies with each case. Before you begin, we recommend subscribing to a VPN that is best for your preferred gadget:
How to stream Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Download the VPN best suited for Disney+. Our top choice is NordVPN, currently available for 68% off!
- Pick a server where this service is readily available
- Go to the Apple App Store, find the Disney Plus app, and install it
- Log into your account and start streaming!
How to stream Disney Plus on Fire Stick
- Subscribe to a robust VPN. We suggest NordVPN, which has a great track record for unblocking streaming.
- Connect to a place where Disney+ is unblocked
- Find Disney Plus on the Firestick dashboard and download it
- Sign in, find a movie you want to watch, and enjoy!
How to stream Disney Plus on Kodi
- Pick a premium VPN. Try NordVPN, the best VPN for Kodi.
- Choose a server where Disney+ is available
- Install the Disney Plus app on the Kodi device
- Access your account and begin browsing!
How to stream Disney Plus on Roku
- Install a reliable VPN. Our recommendation is NordVPN, excellent for Disney+.
- Set up the VPN on your router, and connect to a place where you can access Disney Plus
- Connect the Roku device to your router
- Log into your account and watch your shows!
Pro tip: here’s how to install a VPN on your router. This will come in handy not only for unblocking Disney+, but for securing all devices connected to your Wi-Fi.
How to get Disney Plus without a foreign credit card?
The issue with Disney+ is that it requires a payment method linked to a country where the service is available. Since getting a foreign credit card is not the easiest task, we’re offering two Disney Plus payment options for Google Play Store and Apple Store users.
How to unblock Disney Plus with a Google account
To use this method, you’ll need an Android device and access to the Google Play Store.
- Connect to a US server with your chosen VPN for Disney+. We strongly recommend NordVPN.
- Create a new Google Play Store account, but don’t log in yet.
- Go to Amazon.com and buy a Google Play gift code.
- Go to the Google Play Store to redeem it.
- Go to your Android device’s Settings and choose Accounts.
- Select Add Account, then Google. Finally, add the account you’ve created earlier.
- Sign in to Google Play Store with your new account.
- Install Disney+ and sign up.
- Pay with your Google account balance.
Now you should be able to stream Disney+ from outside the US when connected to a US server of your VPN provider.
How to unblock Disney Plus with an Apple ID
This method can be used if you have an iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. To unblock Disney+ with your Apple ID, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store.
- Log out of your account.
- At the bottom of the page, click the flag and select US.
- Create a new Apple ID, but don’t add a payment method.
- Purchase a digital iTunes gift card from Amazon.com.
- Redeem it on the Account Settings page.
- Connect to the US server using your VPN for Disney Plus. Our top choice is NordVPN.
- Download the Disney+ app and sign up.
- Use your iTunes balance to pay for Disney+.
If you did everything correctly, you should be able to watch Disney Plus now whenever you’re connected to a US server with your VPN.
What can I watch on Disney+?
Contrary to the platform’s name, many different shows and movies are available on Disney+, not just the material created by this industry giant. For starters, you can watch Pixar’s computer-based animation is here. The roster includes such classics as Toy Story, Cars, and Coco.
Other well-known animations include The Lion King, WALL-E, UP, and Wreck-It Ralph. All 30 seasons of The Simpsons are conveniently there for fans of this comedic American family. Then there’s exclusive content created just for Disney+, namely Forky Asks A Question, Frozen Fever, and Auntie Edna.
Various musicals are at your fingertips for those who appreciate theatrics and whimsical melodies. From well-beloved classics like The Sound of Music and Marry Poppins, smash hits like Hamilton, to lovingly animated melodic adventures for kids, such as The Lion King, Frozen, Moana, and more.
Die-hard Star Wars enthusiasts can use the VPN to watch The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Even the titular films of the franchise are up for grabs.
Furthermore, while there is already a hefty list of shows and movies available from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, much more content will eventually be uploaded onto Disney+. For now, you can watch Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. But as time goes on, expect all-new material, like Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk, among others, to be gathered in one place.
The curious types get to sate their thirst for knowledge with National Geographic documentaries. And if that’s not enough, there’s an option to add Hulu and ESPN+ for more movies, shows, and sports. Truly, the possibilities are endless, especially if you unlock them with the best streaming VPNs.
Disney Plus VPN not working?
You booted up the VPN, cozied up on the couch, popcorn and drinks at the ready, opened up Disney+, and got the dreaded message – “Service unavailable”. It’s not uncommon to experience some VPN issues while trying to unblock Disney Plus. Here’s what you can try to do to fix this:
- Connect to another server – don’t forget to reboot both the VPN and Disney+
- Check if the VPN is up to date – outdated software might be preventing you from bypassing restrictions
- Contact customer support – professionals will help you troubleshoot the VPN problem step by step
If Disney Plus is still not working with a VPN, we highly suggest checking out our Disney+ troubleshooting page. There, you’ll find more ways to solve the problems that you’re having.
The Disney+ platform boasts a vast library of content, and it is bound to get bigger every year. While it is geo-blocked for most places due to licensing restrictions, you can easily circumvent this problem with the right tools.
Access the full Disney+ catalog from any location with a premium VPN. Providers like NordVPN do so by hiding your actual IP address, encrypting all traffic, and utilizing other anonymity features. With more TV shows, shorts, and movies coming to Disney Plus soon, it’s more than worth it.
Have you used VPNs to unblock Disney+? What did you watch? Let us know by leaving a comment!
Does a VPN let me watch Disney Plus for free?
No, a VPN doesn’t come with a Disney+ subscription – you will have to buy it separately. Using the best VPN for Disney Plus will let you watch content from any country and help you avoid bandwidth throttling.
Is it legal to use a VPN for Disney+?
Yes, it’s perfectly legal to use a VPN for Disney Plus. They aren’t explicitly prohibited in the Terms and Conditions of this platform. You might have to cycle through several best streaming VPNs, though, as Disney tends to ban VPN traffic and ports if they detect them.
Can I pay for Disney+ without a credit card?
Yes, you can. This method works for Android and iOS – purchase either a Google Store or Apple Store gift card in the currency that matches the country you’re connecting to. Then create a new Google Account or Apple ID, redeem the gift card, and subscribe to Disney Plus.
Will streaming Disney Plus with a VPN slow my connection?
All VPNs slightly slow down your connection because of the additional encryption layer. However, premium services can still provide fast speeds enough for HD or even 4K streaming. If your ISP is throttling your bandwidth, using a VPN might actually make everything faster.
Can I stream live sports with Disney+?
Yes, Disney+ provides live sports with its bundle subscription that allows to watch ESPN+. This service will allow you to stream NFL, NBA, MLB, UFC, college sports, and other events. Without a VPN, ESPN+ would be available in the US only.