Disney+ is the hub of the most popular shows and movies. Many people turn to VPNs to obtain more content from the platform, but they get hit with Error Code 22 or 73 that prevents access to the streaming service. If Disney Plus is not working with a VPN, chances are you are using a faulty VPN.
The reason why you are seeing these errors is because not all VPNs perform equally. Shabby virtual private networks may leak your IP and DNS. That way Disney can see your actual location and prevent access. Only the most reliable VPNs can avoid detection and give you access to the platform.
If you want an error-free Disney+ experience, get NordVPN with 68% discount, as it’s the ultimate streaming VPN. Alternatively, you can look at the list below and see the best and not-so-good Disney+ VPNs:
|VPNs that work with Disney+||VPNs that do not work with Disney+|
Nevertheless, if you have one of our recommended VPNs and the problems still persist, don’t panic. You’ll find plenty of information and ways to fix various Disney+ errors when using a VPN.
How to fix a VPN not working for Disney Plus
- Pick a VPN that works with Disney+. We recommend NordVPN, now 68% off!
- Install the VPN on a device of your choice
- Connect to a server anywhere for wanted geo-blocked content
- Launch Disney Plus and look for a show you want to watch
- Now you can enjoy Disney Plus content without errors!
Why is Disney+ not working with a VPN?
One of the main reasons why Disney+ is not working with a VPN is that you might be using a shabby service. Some VPNs (especially free ones) don’t have the capabilities to bypass hardcore geo-blocks. Additionally, unlike the best Disney+ VPN providers, shoddy VPNs run out of IP addresses that are not blacklisted by Disney+.
Another reason a VPN is not working with Disney Plus is IP & DNS leaks. The top VPNs do the best they can to prevent this from happening. If there are any leaks, Disney Plus will instantly pinpoint your true location and block your access to the platforms.
Lastly, while very unlikely, Disney+ might not work due to server overload. If loads of people are trying to watch things on the streaming platform, it might cause a crash. The only remedy for that is to wait.
Best VPNs that still work with Disney+
Want to avoid the hassle and frustration of Disney+ not working with VPN? Then we offer you the Top 3 streaming VPNs that will certainly work with the streaming platforms. These services provide loads of servers globally, phenomenal speeds, and additional features that will help you enjoy Disney Plus:
- NordVPN – It’s the best Disney Plus VPN that offers heaps of servers in plsces where the platfroms is available. Additionally, it offers top-notch features, such as SmartPlay, that will let you enjoy Disney+ on platfroms that don’t support VPNs natively.
- Surfshark VPN – This provider is among the best ones as it offers endless connections under one subscription. Moreover, even though it’s fairly cheap, you’ll get excellent features, amazing speeds, and reliable customer support.
- Atlas VPN – The cheapest VPN that will easily help you avoid Disney+ errors. It’s fast, trustworthy, and offers special streaming-optimized servers. Not to mention, there’s no device limit!
Disney Plus VPN not working: quick fixes
Sadly, we don’t live in a perfect world, therefore, you might run into some issues when accessing Disney+ with a VPN. Not to mention, different things can cause the platforms not to work properly.
So, to make your life easier, we compiled a list of solutions that should solve the VPN and Disney+ issues quickly.
Delete the cookies and cache
While browsing the web, you leave traces of information all over the web. This data may contain your actual location and IP address. If you don’t delete them from your browser, Disney+ might figure out your whereabouts and prevent you from entering the platform.
Thus, what you need to do is simply get rid of cookies and cache on your browser or Disney+ app. After that, launch your VPN and head to Disney Plus.
Try a different server
Another issue might be VPN hardware. While rarely, VPN servers might be down, so before panicking, you could get in touch with customer support. Another issue might be that Disney Plus VPN is not working with the platform because all of the IP addresses are blacklisted.
So, the best solution is fairly simple. All you have to do is to connect to a different server. If it still doesn’t work, you might also try another country.
Test for IP & DNS leaks
VPN is not working with Disney Plus if there are IP & DNS leaks. This exposes your actual information, making it easy for the streaming platform to pinpoint your location. Therefore, Disney Plus won’t work with your chosen VPN. Plus, you’ll see Error Codes 22 or 73 popping up.
You can check this on one of many websites that pop up when searching “what’s my IP.” And if you can see your real IP address, make sure that the IP & DNS leak protection is on. Plus, don’t forget to activate the kill switch.
Turn off your antivirus
If you’re using antimalware software, chances are it’s preventing your VPN from working properly. That means that accessing Disney+ will be basically impossible. Therefore, try turning your antivirus off to see if everything works correctly.
Get a new VPN service
You’ve tried everything, but the VPNs still don’t work with Disney Plus? In that case, the only way to solve your issues is by trying out a new VPN service. And don’t worry, you won’t have to spend heaps of money to test out services that actually work. There are plenty of top-tier VPNs with free trials. That way, you can choose the one that works with Disney+ the best.
Avoid Disney Plus errors with NordVPN
Avoid the hassle of a VPN not working with Disney Plus by picking the best service out there – NordVPN. It will easily avoid any curbs and will give you access to almost any entertainment platform. Enjoy seamless streaming with the fastest VPN for Disney+.
How to fix Disney Plus not working issues on various devices
If you have a VPN, you’ve probably set it up on various smart gadgets, such as smart TVs, streaming devices, and consoles. And if your VPN is not working on Disney Plus when you try to enjoy it, consider these quick fixes:
- Restart or reinstall your Disney Plus app. Most of the issues get solved this way as it updates the app to the latest version.
- Ensure stable internet connectivity. You might blame the streaming service, but the actual problem might be your internet speed. You can check the performance on various websites. If it happens to be slow, try connecting to a nearby VPN server for better connectivity.
- Clear out the cache on the Disney+ app and your device. There’s loads of information in the cache that might disclose your actual location. Even if you use a VPN, Disney+ app will pinpoint your whereabouts and forbid you from accessing the platform. Therefore, before you launch the virtual private network, clear out the cache and see how it works afterward.
Disney Plus not working on Firestick
Here’s what you can do to fix Disney Plus VPN issues on Firestick:
- Restart your Firestick and TV and wait at least 30 seconds before launching the devices again.
- Enable Bridge Mode if you have your router connected to your ISP’s networking device.
- Check your internet connection, and if you see any issues restart your router and wait a few minutes to turn it back on.
- Clear the Disney Plus cache, as some of it might be corrupted. You’ll have to go to your settings, find the Disney app, and press Clear Cache.
- Get a new Firestick VPN if the current one is interfering with Disney Plus.
Disney Plus not working on Roku
If Disney Plus is not working through VPN on your Roku device, here’s how you can resolve the problem:
- Check your Roku model, and if it’s really old, it might not support Disney+. You can find Disney Plus-compatible Roku devices on their support page.
- Update Disney Plus, as it might be that your version is outdated.
- Restart your Roku, TV, and router, and wait a few minutes.
- Clear the cache because some of it might disclose your actual location
- Get a reliable Roku VPN, as most virtual private networks are not capable of bypassing Disney’s geo-blocks.
Disney Plus not working on Samsung TV
If your Disney Plus VPN not working on Samsung TV, here’s how you can fix it:
- Check your internet connection, as slow speeds might prevent you from entering and enjoying the platform.
- Restart your Disney Plus app to see if it fixes the issue. You might need to try it a couple of times, and don’t forget to wait a few seconds before launching the app.
- Reset your Samsung TV to start anew, as that might help with the issue.
- Clear out the cache because it might interfere with Disney Plus and the VPN.
- Get a new Samsung TV VPN that’s capable of bypassing Disney Plus geo-blocks. Make sure that the virtual private network is compatible with your router.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Codes
You’ve probably encountered mysterious error codes on Disney+. If you don’t know what they mean, we’ve compiled the list of the most common ones. Additionally, you’ll find ways to fix them.
|Disney Plus error code||What it means||How to fix it|
|4||Payment problems||Check if your card is valid and it’s not from a country where Disney+ is unavailable.|
|11||Content is not available in your country||Check if your IP is not leaking data and if you changed your location with a VPN|
|13||Connection limit||Disable other devices that are connected to Disney+|
|22||Age restrictions & limitations||Change your age in the settings|
|25||Disney+ internal issues||Restart the app or contact customer support|
|27||Video unavailable in your region||Make sure you are connected to the right server|
|31||Location mismatch||Choose another VPN server and reset location settings|
|42||Network connection issues||Reboot your router|
|86||Violation of Terms of Services||Contact customer support|
|91||Connectivity and cache issues||Clear cache or use a different device/browser|
There are a plethora of reasons why Disney Plus might not work with a VPN. In most cases, however, you can only blame your chosen virtual private network. Most services are not capable of bypassing geo-restrictions and have the majority of IP addresses blocked.
Therefore, you’ll need a reliable Disney+ VPN, such as NordVPN. It breezes through even the most hardcore firewalls. Moreover, there are plenty of servers and IP addresses that are not blacklisted. Not to mention, you’ll have the smoothest streaming experience as this service is extremely fast.
What VPN do you use to unblock Disney Plus? Let us know by leaving a comment!
You may also like to read:
Hulu not working with a VPN
BBC iPlayer not working with a VPN
HBO Max not working with a VPN
Android not working with a VPN
How to watch Pixar Movies on Disney+
Best VPN for Hotstar
How to bypass YouTube TV location
Why is Disney Plus not working with VPN?
The number one reason why Disney+ doesn’t work with your VPN is because you might be using a shabby VPN. Otherwise, all of your provider’s servers are blacklisted by Disney. Therefore, to avoid these problems, you’ll need a VPN such as NordVPN, as it has loads of Disney-friendly servers globally.
Does Disney Plus block VPN?
Yes, Disney+ constantly tries to block VPNs. That’s because some content is restricted in various regions due to copyright laws. And as VPNs can make it seem like you’re in a different country, this makes it hard for Disney+ to uphold its licensing deals.
How do I get Disney Plus to work with VPN?
The best way to get Disney+ to work with a VPN is by choosing a reliable provider. Your chosen service should have plenty of servers in countries where Disney+ is available. Moreover, it shouldn’t leak your actual IP. If you’re looking for the best option, look no further than NordVPN.
Does Disney Plus work through VPN?
You can access Disney Plus outside the US in any country where the service is available. On the other hand, you can use a VPN to connect to a Disney Plus location from anywhere in the world, whether supported or unsupported country. The best streaming-oriented service is NordVPN, with top speeds.
How do I get around Disney Plus VPN?
You can get around Disney+ by choosing a trustworthy VPN service. Your best shot is NordVPN. Download the app for your device from the VPN provider’s website. Once installed, launch the app and log in. Select a server in the same region as the Disney+ catalog you wish to access is available.
What VPN makes Disney Plus work?
The best VPN for Disney Plus is NordVPN. This leading VPN service rarely fails to work with the streaming platform. Plus, it secures top speeds for a satisfying UHD viewing experience. It’s also compatible with other streaming platforms, like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more.