Based on a manga of the same name written by Akira Toriyama, Dragon Ball is a hugely popular Japanese anime show produced by Toei Animation. The Dragon Ball name applies to no less than five different series: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Kai, and Dragon Ball Super.
These shows follow the adventures of Son Goku, a martial arts expert who searches for seven orbs called the Dragon Balls. When all the balls are assembled by one individual, a magical dragon appears and grants the owner a wish. There are hundreds of episodes of Dragon Ball in total, with Goku meeting a lot of different friends and enemies along the way and having all sorts of exciting adventures.
Dragon Ball is one of the biggest media franchises on the planet, worth over $20 billion according to the latest reports and enjoyed by millions of fans all over the world. All of the various Dragon Ball shows and episodes can be watched online, both in Japanese and English. Some are available through paid services, while others can be seen for free.
Watching Dragon Ball online
In the US, users have several different options to watch Dragon Ball online. The popular streaming service Hulu offers Japanese episodes with English subtitles of both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT. Hulu Plus subscribers can also see Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball Kai on the Cartoon Network channel.
Two other popular streaming services are Crunchyroll and VRV. You’ll need to pay for a subscription to access these services. You can also watch Dragon Ball online via Funimation. This service lets users watch 10 episodes of each of the seasons totally free, but then blocks off the rest to paid members only.
The problem many people face when trying to watch Dragon Ball online is that a lot of channels and streaming services like Funimation use geo-blocking. This means that the service detects your location, and if you’re outside of the US, you won’t be allowed to watch any of the content. Fortunately, there are ways around this issue.
Solutions for watching Dragon Ball online
Fortunately, there are some solutions to help you watch Dragon Ball online if you’re having trouble.
- International TV channels: Dragon Ball is enjoyed by millions of people all around the world, so many other countries will have their own online channels and networks to allow fans to watch the many episodes of the show.
- Torrents: All of the Dragon Ball episodes can be found via torrents, but torrents do come with a big risk of DMCA notices and worrying letters. This is why using a VPN is essential when torrenting.
- Sign Up: If you are able to access the various subscription services like Crunchyroll and Funimation, signing up for a membership is a quick, easy, painless way to get immediate access to all the Dragon Ball content you love.
- VPNs: If you’re having trouble watching Dragon Ball online, a VPN really can save the day. A VPN works by encrypting your connection and not allowing the various sites and streaming services see your location. You can make it seem like you’re anywhere in the world, so even if you’re in Europe, you can access content that is normally only available in the US, like Dragon Ball episodes on Funimation.
The best VPNs for watching Dragon Ball online
If you want to use a VPN to watch Dragon Ball online, you have to be careful which one you choose. Some VPNs are a lot more effective than others in regard to accessing geo-blocked. Some VPNs also offer more security features than others, while some are a lot cheaper, so it all depends on your own budget and needs. With that said, here are a few of the best VPNs for watching Dragon Ball online:
- ExpressVPN: Generally regarded as one of the best overall VPNs for all purposes, ExpressVPN is perfect for watching Dragon Ball on services like Crunchyroll and Funimation. It features very fast servers all over the world and some great privacy features as well.
- IPVanish: Another excellent option for anyone wanting to watch Dragon Ball online, IPVanish lives up to its name, making your IP disappear and making it super easy to access geo-restricted content like Dragon Ball episodes in Japanese and English.
- CyberGhost: One of the most user-friendly VPNs around, CyberGhost is a great place to start if you don’t have much experience using VPNs. It’s very reliable and super-fast, so you should have no problems streaming all those Dragon Ball episodes of Goku and friends.
- NordVPN: Widely regarded as the strongest VPN in terms of security, NordVPN is also well-known for its affordability. You can get some great deals on NordVPN subscriptions and it’s another excellent option for watching Dragon Ball online without any issues.
Checkout our full list of Best VPNs for Hulu.
Overall, if you’re searching for how to watch Dragon Ball online, choosing a VPN is a great place to start. A VPN makes it so much easier to access all your favorite episodes of this classic Japanese show, as well as giving you access to many other great shows, films, and other content from around the world.
This show has been around since the ‘80s and there are literally hundreds of different episodes to watch. Having a VPN installed on your computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device can give you instant access to those episodes, as well as providing a whole host of additional security benefits you won’t want to miss out on.
With a VPN, your internet connection is fully encrypted at all times, making it impossible for governments or hackers to track your browsing history, online searches, and other internet activity. A VPN also keeps you safe from cyber-attacks and various forms of malware too, so it’s never a bad idea to sign up and see what a VPN can do for you.