Cash App is a popular mobile payment service with more than 35 million users. Just like PayPal, it enables you to send and receive money among app users. Unfortunately, Cash App works in the US and the UK only.
However, you can use Cash App from anywhere with the help of a solid Virtual Private Network (VPN).
The best VPNs for Cash App in 2022 will hide your real IP address and change your virtual location. This way, you’ll be able to use the service as if you were in the United States or the United Kingdom. Moreover, a VPN will encrypt your traffic to ensure that no third party monitors what you’re doing online.
Top VPNs for Cash App: a shortlist
Here are the best Cash App VPNs in 2022. All of them unblock the service and offer plenty of servers in the UK and the US.
- Best VPN for Cash App9.6
- Cash App VPN wihout device limit9.4
- Cheapest Cash App VPN9.1
- Streaming-oriented Cash App VPN8.7
- VPN for Cash App with physical servers8.5
How to access Cash App from any country
- Get a reliable VPN with servers in the US or the UK. We recommend NordVPN, now 60% off.
- Get a GPS spoofing app (more on this below).
- After installation, connect to a VPN server in the UK or the US.
- Launch your GPS spoofing app.
- Download the Cash App from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Start using the service!
Why do you need a VPN for Cash App?
First off, you don’t need a Cash App VPN if you’re in the US or the UK. However, we still recommend getting one to protect your transactions with military-grade encryption and other security features that top VPN services provide.
If you’re outside of the United Kingdom or the United States, a VPN will help you get an IP address in one of these countries. This way, you’ll be able to use Cash App without getting blocked. Moreover, hiding your real IP adds much-needed privacy when doing money transactions online.
The best Cash App VPNs also have a strict no-logs policy, meaning they don’t store any information about you or your activities. Furthermore, most providers are registered in privacy-friendly jurisdictions that have no data retention laws. Thus, if a hacker breaks into one of the servers or the government asks for your data, there will be simply nothing to gain.
Lastly, there are many scenarios where you can benefit from a VPN when not using Cash App. For example, you can unblock Netflix and other popular streaming platforms in multiple countries. Top VPNs for Cash App also secure your torrenting efforts and even disable bandwidth throttling, a common tactic among ISPs (Internet Service Providers).
Overview of the best VPNs for Cash App in 2022
Let’s take a more in-depth look at the top Cash App VPNs available today. They all have dedicated apps for Android and iOS, including other popular devices. Unsurprisingly, they unblock Cash App from anywhere and have all the key VPN features, including bank-grade encryption, a kill switch, and so on.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for Cash App
24/7 live chat, Email
- NordLynx protocol means top speeds
- Excellent for streaming, P2P, and online gaming
- Plenty of servers in the US and the UK
- No app for routers
NordVPN is hands-down the best VPN for Cash App in 2022. It has everything for you to start sending and receiving money from anywhere. You’ll be able to choose from plenty of servers in the US and the UK and stay safe online. This VPN will also help with streaming, torrenting, gaming, and shopping.
First of all, NordVPN is known as the fastest VPN available. This stems from their quality server fleet and proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol. Thus, you will barely notice any difference in performance after turning the VPN on.
Security is guaranteed by AES 256-bit encryption and two kill switches that prevent IP leaks. And since NordVPN is based in privacy-friendly Panama, none of the Fourteen Eyes countries will hold any power. What’s more, the independently-audited no-logs policy means this provider doesn’t store any sensitive data about you.
NordVPN has a global coverage, thanks to its 5200+ servers in 60 countries. Almost 2,000 are located in the US and over 440 in the UK. All servers are physical, and most use RAM-only technology, meaning all data is wiped out after a reboot or shut down.
Additionally, NordVPN is great for unblocking Netflix in multiple regions. The same goes for other streaming websites, such as Amazon Prime Video or Disney+. In the meantime, torrenting fans will like the SOCKS5 proxy and split tunneling features.
You can get the best VPN for Cash App for $3.29/month. That includes six simultaneous connections and the option to expand the limit by installing the VPN service on a router. Furthermore, each plan has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – Cash App VPN wihout device limit
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Excellent speed
- 24/7 live chat
- No-logs policy not audited
Surfshark VPN is a great option for unblocking Cash App. This provider is best known for not having any device limit per account. Therefore, you can share it with your friends and family without the need to pay extra.
From a security standpoint, Surfshark VPN has no flaws. It uses NASA-grade encryption, has a robust kill switch and solid leak protection. There’s also a great add-on Surfshark One that includes an antivirus, a private search engine, and data breach monitoring.
The service is registered in the British Virgin Islands that doesn’t have data retention laws. Moreover, a no-logs policy leaves no space for third parties to tamper with your information.
Surfshark controls 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. All of them are RAM-only, meaning no data is permanently stored anywhere. Finally, the WireGuard tunneling protocol makes things much faster.
After you’re done with money transactions on Cash App, it’s time to sit back and relax. Surfshark VPN easily passes geo-blocking by Netflix, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, and other streaming platforms. What’s more, P2P connections will be fast and safe.
Surfshark VPN costs $2.30/month. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PureVPN – cheapest Cash App VPN
24/7 live chat
- Excellent security and privacy
- Huge server list
- 10 simultaneous connections
- No kill switch for iOS
PureVPN is currently the cheapest VPN for Cash App. At the same time, it’s among the best services overall. This VPN has everything you need to unblock Cash App from any location.
AES 256-bit encryption ensures that your traffic stays indecipherable. Then there’s the kill switch, IP & DNS leak protection, and the next-gen WireGuard tunneling protocol. In general, PureVPN is great against any firewall and VPN block.
PureVPN is registered in the British Virgin Islands, one of the best countries for privacy-seekers. As you can expect, there are no data retention laws there. On top of that, this provider has an independently-audited no-logs policy, meaning there’s nothing to give away to legal authorities.
The server fleet of PureVPN is massive. You can choose from 6500+ servers in 70+ countries. Most of them are 10 Gbps and new 20 Gbps options are being added regularly.
It might be hard to believe, but PureVPN is both cheap and capable of unblocking popular streaming platforms. We’re talking about multiple Netflix libraries, Hulu + Live TV, Peacock, and more. Torrenting is allowed in countries where it’s legal, plus you get the split tunneling and port forwarding features.
PureVPN can be yours for just $1.99/month. There’s a ten-device limit, but you can expand it with a router. Lastly, a 30-day money-back guarantee will give you plenty of time to reconsider.
For a deeper investigation of PureVPN, read our PureVPN review.
4. PrivateVPN – streaming-oriented Cash App VPN
24/7 live chat
- Perfect for unblocking
- Great security features
- macOS & iOS apps have fewer features
While we present PrivateVPN as an excellent VPN for streaming, it also makes a good choice for using the Cash App outside of the US and the UK. Part of that is due to its low price and excellent geo-unblocking capabilities.
PrivateVPN comes with military-grade encryption, a strong kill switch, and reliable leak protection. Then you have a no-logs policy that nullifies the impact of Sweden jurisdiction, which belongs to the Fourteen Eyes intelligence alliance. There’s even a Stealth VPN feature for using PrivateVPN in countries where VPNs are illegal.
There are 200+ servers in 63+ countries at your service. All of them belong to PrivateVPN, which means a lesser chance of third-party tampering with the infrastructure. You can choose from 8 cities in the US and London in the UK.
PrivateVPN has dedicated streaming servers that cover popular websites and channels. The list of unblocked platforms includes Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
5. IPVanish – VPN for Cash App with physical servers
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- No device limit
- Bare-metal servers
- Great security and privacy
- Based in the US
IPVanish separates itself from the Cash App VPNs by using only bare-metal servers. That translates into better performance, especially when you can choose the next-gen WireGuard tunneling protocol.
When using Cash App outside of the US and the UK, you need security and privacy to avoid getting blocked. IPVanish delivers in this front by offering bank-grade encryption, a kill switch, and leak protection. On top of that, you find a no-logs policy and Tor over VPN feature.
IPVanish lets you choose from 2000+ servers in 50 countries. More than 1,100 are in the US, spread across 17 cities, while the UK has over 40 in London, Birmingham, and Glasgow.
This VPN might not be the best choice for avid streamers because currently, it unblocks Netflix US only. Moving on to torrenting, we find that P2P activities are allowed on all servers. Plus, there’s a SOCKS5 proxy in case you want to browse without a VPN while downloading.
Paying $3.99/month means getting IPVanish for the best price. Now comes the best part – there’s no device limit. And should you decide to change your mind, a 30-day money-back guarantee is waiting for you.
For a deeper investigation of IPVanish, read our IPVanish review.
Top feats of the best VPNs for Cash App
|NordVPN||Best VPN for Cash App|
|Surfshark||Cash App VPN with unlimited devices|
|PureVPN||Cheapest VPN for Cash App|
|PrivateVPN||Low-cost VPN for Cash App & streaming|
|IPVanish||Cash App VPN with bare-metal servers|
How to choose the VPN for Cash App?
First and foremost, you need a VPN with servers in the US or the UK. Since most providers offer those, you should look at the number of servers and their quality. Security and privacy credentials are also important because you don’t want to get caught using Cash App in a country where it’s officially unavailable.
That being said, VPNs can be used for many other things, such as streaming, torrenting, or gaming. And since you’re paying for the service, it might as well not be a one-trick pony. These are the main criteria to evaluate before buying the best VPN for Cash App in 2022:
- Security. Every Cash App VPN must have bank-grade encryption, which is an industry standard. Moreover, a reliable tunneling protocol, such as WireGuard, should be supported.
- Privacy. Look for a VPN with an independently-audited no-logs policy. A privacy-friendly jurisdiction, such as Panama, is also a big bonus. Also, look for reliable leak protection.
- Performance. High latency and stuttering aren’t acceptable. Aim for one of the fastest Cash App VPNs or regret later.
- Server fleet. The more, the merrier. However, quality is the key. Choose bare-metal and RAM-only servers. If you’re in luck, they will also be owned by the VPN itself.
- Streaming. Top Cash App VPNs at least unblock Netflix. But if you want more, some options let you watch Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, BBC iPlayer, and other content platforms.
- P2P. Each VPN for Cash App allows torrenting. More advanced users will benefit from a SOCKS5 proxy, split tunneling, and port forwarding.
- Cost. All providers listed below offer either dirt cheap or decent prices. If you still want to split the bill, get a VPN with no device limit.
Using Cash App with a VPN
As previously mentioned, you need a VPN to use Cash App outside the US and the UK. That includes Canada, the rest of Europe, South America, Asia, Australia… the list goes on. However, the whole process is more tricky than just connecting to a proper VPN server.
Just like any money-related service, Cash App requires identification and verification before you unlock its full potential. That’s to avoid money laundering, scams, and similar criminal activities. Below you will find detailed instructions on how to set up your Cash App account and start money transactions.
How to create Cash App with a VPN
This guide assumes that you have already chosen a VPN for Cash App. If not, we recommend NordVPN, the best option, now 60% off. For extra privacy, we also recommend a GPS spoofer for Android or iPhone.
In this article, you will find a step-by-step guide for installing the spoofing app. Once you’re ready, follow these instructions:
- Connect to a VPN server and spoof GPS
- Download the Cash App. We recommend using the unofficial app stores for getting the .apk (Android) or .ipa (iOS).
- Sign up with a US or UK phone number. Alternatively, use email.
- Confirm your current location. It should be either the US or the UK.
- Enter your credit card details. It must be either the US or the UK. Skip this step if you don’t have one.
- Enter your full name and choose a $Cashtag.
- Enter your residential address. It must be a real address in the US or the UK.
- Press Continue to create your Cash App account.
Congratulations, now you can start receiving and sending money. However, there are certain transaction limits. During one week, you can send up to $300 and receive no more than $500. If that wasn’t enough, Bitcoin withdrawal is unavailable.
Obviously, this is a deal-breaker for some users. The next chapter will discuss the necessary steps to verify your Cash App account. After that, your transaction limits will be increased, and you’ll be able to withdraw Bitcoins.
How to verify Cash App with a VPN
Having a US or UK credit card is essential because you won’t be able to link it with a bank from another country. That means the only alternative is Bitcoin withdrawal. Here’s a step-by-step guide for Cash App verification:
- Connect to a VPN server and spoof GPS. We advise using NordVPN, available with a 60% discount.
- Launch your Cash App
- Choose Bitcoin as your payment method
- Confirm your US or UK phone number.
- Fill in the information about employment status, job title, and so on.
- Confirm your identity with your name and Social Security Number (SSN).
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter the last four digits of your SSN.
If you did everything right, you should be able to make Bitcoin transactions in Cash App.
How to use Wise as your Cash App bank
Another option is to use the Wise app to set up a bank for your Cash App account. This way, you won’t need to use Bitcoin for sending and receiving money. Below is the guide for doing so:
- If needed, connect to a VPN server in a country where Wise allows sending and receiving. Our top VPN for Cash App is NordVPN.
- Download and sign up for Wise
- Choose the same currency as the one in your Cash App
- Add money to your Wise account.
- Enter your debit card information.
- Connect to a VPN server in the US or the UK, depending on your Cash App account.
- In Cash App, from the banking tab, select Add bank and tap No Card.
- Copy the bank details from Wise to Cash App.
Can’t access Cash App with a VPN?
Some users complain that they can’t access Cash App with a VPN. There can be more than one reason for this. Check out the list of the most common issues that you can fix easily:
- Cash App is not working. If you can’t access your Cash App with a VPN, check if you can do that from their website. If both options bear no fruit, the whole service is probably down. In this case, check their Twitter or other social channels for the latest news.
- VPN server is not working. In rare cases, a VPN server that you’re currently using goes down. Naturally, your real IP address gets blocked by Cash App. Usually, switching to another VPN server fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, contact customer support.
- Antivirus or firewall. If you’re using an antivirus or a firewall, turn one or both off for a moment. If you connect successfully, re-enable them. But the best option is to make an exception for Cash App and your virtual private network.
- Router settings. A poorly configured router can also block your VPN for Cash App. To use Cash App, make sure that all tunneling protocols are allowed.
- Multiple VPNs. If you have more than one VPN installed, chances are your TAP drivers are messed up. The best choice here is to remove all TAP drivers and do a fresh install of only one Cash App VPN.
If none of the above solves your problem, we recommend contacting customer support.
Free VPN for Cash App
If you’re thinking about using a free VPN for Cash App, we strongly recommend doing the opposite. When it comes to using money-related services, saving a few dollars per month isn’t worth the risks. Here are some of the main disadvantages of free VPNs:
- Bandwidth limitations
- Few server options
- Data caps
- Security concerns
- IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks
- Data logging and selling
If your real IP address is revealed when using Cash App, you might as well say goodbye to your account or at least lose the verified status. In the worst-case scenario, you’ll lose your money as well.
We invite you to consider these potential issues and opt for a premium Cash App VPN instead.
Using Cash App outside the US and the UK is impossible unless you have a reliable VPN service. Even then, it takes extra effort to verify your account and start sending or receiving money. We’ve chosen the Top 5 VPNs for Cash App that will ease the process and let you connect from anywhere in the world.
Whichever VPN you choose, make sure it fits your personal needs. That’s why our #1 might not be the right one for you. And once more, stay clear from the free VPNs that weren’t made for dealing with money online.
Do you think that we should include some other Cash App VPNs on this list? Make sure to leave us a comment in the section below!
Is it legal to use a VPN with Cash App?
Yes, but there’s a nuance. Cash App policies don’t say anything about using a VPN being illegal. However, they clearly state that “You must not attempt to use the Virtual Currency Services if you are located in any of those Restricted Locations.
You must not attempt to circumvent any restrictions imposed via the Virtual Currency Services, such as by obscuring your IP address or submitting any inaccurate information regarding your location.” It’s not clear whether using a VPN can result in a frozen account.
Which VPN is best for Cash App in Nigeria?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Cash App in Nigeria. Nigeria is one of the many countries where Cash App is unavailable. Therefore, using the #1 provider is the top option.
Can I use Cash App abroad?
No, Cash App is available in the US and the US only. However, you can do that with a proper VPN service.
Can you be traced on Cash App?
Yes, you can, unless you’re using a VPN. Best VPNs for Cash App encrypt your traffic and hide your real IP address while not storing any logs. This way, tracing you becomes highly improbable.
Karol is an experienced freelance writer, translator, and editor. His creative output covers a wide range of technology topics such as fintech, privacy, cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and more. He does not limit himself to just plain articles and writes guides, editorials, think pieces, and reviews.