Changing a location on your iPhone can be a more challenging task than it may appear. This means that many iPhone users resort to GPS spoofing applications to quickly switch the location on their devices.
However, GPS spoofing applications do not change your IP address, which means most of the content you are trying to access remains unavailable. Furthermore, if you are not careful, you can quickly get scammed using this software. Getting a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a more straightforward way to change your current spot on an iPhone.
We have looked into a wide range of different VPN providers. Therefore, upon our investigation, we have decided on the best VPNs to change your location on an iPhone.
How to change your location on iPhone with a VPN
- Choose a reliable VPN provider compatible with your iOS device. We recommend Surfshark VPN, now 82% off
- Download and install the application
- Turn on the GPS spoofing feature
- Pick a location to connect to
- Change your iPhone location hassle-free!
Why do you need a VPN for iPhone
Even though Apple receives a lot of praise for security and overall performance, it still has some flaws in terms of privacy. Luckily, a VPN can quickly fix these issues. Using a top VPN provides even more benefits than simply a changed IP.
Firstly, a VPN increases your online security. A Virtual Private Network protects your online activities by enveloping your internet traffic with a layer of military-grade encryption. This way, your personal information and browsing details become inaccessible to any 3rd party intervention.
Secondly, you can change your location. Many apps, such as Snapchat, Tinder, and Pokemon Go, gather your device’s location information. While that improves usability, most users prefer not to share their whereabouts.
Furthermore, a VPN is excellent for accessing geo-blocked content. Changing your location via a VPN can help you access geo-blocked content libraries. Some of such services include Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus.
Changing your GPS location via a VPN helps secure your location and retain all of the vital information on your iPhone. Thus, you can access all needed material from your device despite your location. This helps to ensure that you can work from an area you prefer.
Finally, depending on your location, you may be able to gain cheaper deals, such as flights and hotels. So, a VPN can help you save money, especially if you’re traveling a lot.
Recommended VPNs to change location on iPhone
- Surfshark VPN – Best VPN to change the location on your iPhone
- NordVPN – Best VPN for iPhone
- IPVanish – VPN with a free antivirus
While these are the top three options, you may want to check the full list of best VPNs for iPhone first.
If you would like to change the location of your iPhone, a VPN can be an effortless way to do so. Depending on what you are trying to access from the new area on your iPhone, you may consider and choose a specific VPN service provider.
If you are trying to bypass geo-blocks, you should pick a VPN with a sizeable server fleet and fast connection speeds. In this case, we would recommend a VPN service that has the WireGuard or similar tunneling protocol.
If your priority is online security and privacy, look for a privacy-friendly jurisdiction outside the Fourteen Eyes alliance. Moreover, make sure the VPN has an independently-audited no-logs policy. Finally, extra features like multi-hop (Double VPN) or Stealth VPN can also make a difference.
What can you do with a changed location on an iPhone?
You can easily do many things with a changed location on your iPhone. Here are some cases where changing areas can be helpful:
- Bypass geo-restrictions. By using a VPN, you can access content that would be otherwise unavailable to you due to copyright licensing. By choosing a reliable VPN for your iOS device, you will be able to access different programs on such platforms as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, or Disney Plus.
- Online shopping. Changing your location via a VPN will allow you to access the best electronics, clothing, travel, and other deals.
- Region-based mobile games. Changing your site can help you get game updates earlier. In addition, you can access some parts of the game which may only be available in certain areas.
- Remote work. Using a VPN instead of a GPS spoofing application to change your device’s location settings will allow you to access your work material from any location.
- Increased security. A VPN will prevent your device from getting infected with trackers, malicious ads, viruses, and other malware.
- Speed throttling. You can bypass internet bandwidth and speed restrictions imposed by your ISP. This will allow you to torrent and stream content without any delays.
- Sporting events. By changing your location, you will be able to access sports streaming websites that would otherwise be unavailable in your area. These include ESPN, NBA.TV, and MBL.TV, among others.
Most effective ways to change location on your iPhone device
Use a VPN to switch the area on your iPhone easily. Whether it’s for online shopping or accessing geo-blocked content, you will be able to achieve your goal by following these steps:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. We recommend choosing Surfshark VPN, currently with 82% off!
- Download and install the application on your iPhone
- Turn on the GPS spoofing feature
- Connect to a location of your choice
- That’s it! Your iPhone has been assigned a new IP and location
Alternative ways to change location on your iPhone
Even though using a VPN is the most straightforward solution to change your current spot on an iPhone, sometimes it may not be enough. Below are some scenarios in which you will need a more deliberate approach.
Services and applications that rely on GPS. By using a VPN, you can gain access to software that uses IP addresses to determine the user’s location. However, if you are trying to access an app that relies on a GPS location, a VPN without GPS spoofing won’t suffice. Applications that depend on your GPS include such software as Find My iPhone and Apple Maps.
Downloading applications. Some applications are only available in certain regions. Similar to streaming services such as Netflix or Apple App Store also rely on your GPS location to provide available-to-download services.
Here are a few other ways to change your iPhone’s location settings without the use of a Virtual Private Network.
GPS spoofing applications
One of the most popular ways to change the GPS on an iPhone is GPS spoofing applications. GPS spoofing applications can be unreliable and faulty and may even sell your location information to third parties. Therefore, we highly advise you to choose a tested and secure option.
A good way to start is by checking the reviews on the App Store. Our recommendations for a GPS spoofing application include 3uTools, iTools Location Spoofer, and Dr. Fone, amongst others.
Furthermore, instead of a GPS spoofing application, we highly advise you to choose a VPN that provides a GPS spoofing feature. Our top recommendation is Surfshark VPN.
By utilizing proxy servers, you will create an intermediary between your device and the service you are trying to access. Therefore, you will gain the proxy IP address instead of your own.
Unlike a VPN, proxy servers do not provide encryption. Therefore, you will still be vulnerable to online threats. Due to this, we would highly advise going for a VPN instead.
How to change location on iPhone without jailbreaking
Jailbreaking for iOS means removing the manufacturer’s restrictions imposed on your iPhone. Changing location on your device without committing a jailbreak can be tricky since Apple has not made it easy to switch the GPS location.
Due to difficulties in changing your location, many Apple users have resorted to using GPS spoofing applications to change the spot on their iPhones.
GPS spoofing applications are easy to use and have become increasingly popular with iOS users worldwide. That being said, certain disadvantages come with the use of this software.
Here are some of the cons of GPS spoofing applications:
- Location tracking. Since these applications do not provide a no-logs policy, they likely gather the information about your current location and sell it to 3rd parties.
- GPS spoofing is often used to break geofencing. Geofencing is a security technology that uses your GPS location to create virtual boundaries restricting access to your personal information outside certain areas.
- Unreliable GPS spoofing applications pose a risk to your iPhone of malicious 3rd party attacks and viruses.
We recommend choosing a reliable VPN service provider to avoid these risks. Using a VPN would not only help you change the location with a VPN on your iPhone but would provide additional security and privacy features for an overall improved experience using your iPhone.
Sometimes, GPS spoofing is necessary to bypass geo-blocks and unlock more content. For example, GPS spoofing and a reliable VPN service provider can help you access geo-locked Pokemon Go content. We recommend trying out Surfshark once again since it is not only one of the best VPN providers on the grid, but it also has a built-in GPS spoofing feature.
Cannot change the location on your iPhone with a VPN?
If you have downloaded a VPN application via the Apple App Store and your location is not changing with a VPN, it may be that the application is not working correctly or that you have chosen the wrong region to connect to.
If your VPN service is unreliable, we recommend switching to a well-known and proven VPN provider, such as Surfshark, now 82% off.
In case you have ruled out any external issues and you are still unable to connect to a server correctly, it may be at least one of the following issues:
- Your actual IP may be leaking
- Cookie settings on your iPhone may be revealing your actual location
- You have an older version of an iPhone, iPod, or iPad
- The VPN of your choice cannot bypass geo-blocking
- The GPS and IP location mismatch.
To resolve these issues, we recommend trying out these steps:
- Check for IP leaks via a reliable IP leak checker
- Clear cache and cookies
- Use a different browser
- Connect to a different server or location
- Contact your VPN’s customer support team.
Can you use a free VPN to change the location on your iPhone?
We do not recommend free VPNs for changing the location of your iPhone. Even though some exceptions exist, free VPNs often lack features and security.
Free VPNs that offer iOS applications usually have data caps and bandwidth limits, restricting their usability. Furthermore, free VPNs tend to leak information to 3rd parties, making them highly unreliable.
Modifying the location settings on your iPhone can seem complicated. The good news is that with a reliable VPN, you can easily change the location of your iPhone. This way, you won’t have to jailbreak your phone which is not that easy with Apple products.
Moreover, you will not need to trust third-party GPS spoofing applications, which may be unreliable and can contain malware.
All you need to do is download the VPN with a GPS spoofing feature. We recommend Surfshark VPN, available with a 82% discount.
If you’re using a VPN for your iPhone, which of these VPNs have you used before? Did we miss any great VPNs for iPhone? Let us know in the comments below.
Best VPN for DDoS protection
Best VPN for multiple devices
Best VPN for Mac
Best VPN for Travel
Best VPN for Apple TV
Best VPN for TextNow
How to change App Store country
How to change location on Bumble
What is the best VPN service provider for changing location on your iPhone?
According to our research, Surfshark VPN is the best VPN for changing the location on your iOS device. It provides a wide array of features, such as GPS spoofing, which is often not included in VPNs for iPhone.
Can I manually change the location of my iPhone?
Yes, you can. You can manually change the location of your device via your App Store Settings and iPhone settings. That being said, without changing the IP address of your device, you will not be able to bypass geo-blocks. To do so, we would highly recommend choosing a reliable iOS VPN.
How do you know if your VPN is working on your iPhone?
If you have used a VPN service to connect to a server but are unsure if it works or not, we recommend checking your iPhone’s IP address online. You can do so by simply searching ‘What’s my IP address on Google and looking if it matches the IP address on your VPN.
Is it legal to change your iPhone location?
Simply put – yes. By changing the location on your iPhone, you are not breaking any country or international laws.
However, using another country’s region on your iPhone may violate Apple’s Terms of Service. Therefore, we would highly advise you to use a Virtual Private Network to change your iPhone’s location to protect yourself and your device.