OpenAI created ChatGPT, an AI chatbot that took the internet by storm. Sadly, some countries, such as Russia or Egypt, have restricted the use of ChatGPT due to censorship laws. However, not all is lost. A reliable ChatGPT VPN holds the key to your communication with the famous chatbot.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) masks your IP address by operating as an intermediary and rerouting your traffic. Put simply, this service allows you to appear elsewhere in the world and use that location’s IP address instead of your own. Luckily, it’s exactly the technology that gets ChatGPT unblocked.
Top VPNs for ChatGPT: shortlist
- Top-grade VPN for ChatGPT9.7
- ChatGPT VPN with unlimited connections9.5
- Cheap and fast VPN for ChatGPT9.2
- Performance-focused ChatGPT VPN8.8
- ChatGPT VPN with top-notch privacy8.4
Why do you need a ChatGPT VPN?
The hype surrounding ChatGPT is well justified. This AI technology uses a neural network language creation model to create human-like text from a simple prompt. Consequently, the chatbot is used for programming, essay writing, customer service, and more. However, its use is strictly restricted in countries like China, Russia, and Iran, just to name a few.
If you happen to be currently staying in one of the geo-blocked countries, you have two options. First, you can choose ChatGPT alternatives. Though there are several solid options, this chatbot is the best so far. Second, and honestly, the best route is choosing a robust VPN to bypass geographical restrictions. The service alters your IP address, allowing your device to appear in another location altogether.
The best VPNs for ChatGPT: detailed list
Essentially, not every VPN service is up for the task at hand. Our top picks guarantee optimal performance, net powerful security features, and arrive with a user-friendly interface. Another important factor we took into account is global distribution. After all, housing hundreds of services makes circumventing geo-blocks easier.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for ChatGPT
24/7 live chat, Email
- Powered by speedy NordLynx
- Excellent for geo-unblocking
- Independently audited and secure
- Only 6 simultaneous connections
NordVPN is the ChatGPT VPN that you can go all-in with. Fuelled by the in-house NordLynx protocol, the provider boasts a top performance. On top of that, it nets an incredible fleet of 5400+ RAM-only servers across 60+ countries. These aspects make NordVPN an astounding tool that can get ChatGPT unblocked with ease and efficiency.
Unfortunately, the drawback of ChatGPT is that the app collects all possible user data. Luckily, NordVPN can counter this like a champ. Due to its industry-leading encryption, this VPN minimizes the real-world information the chatbot collects. In addition, you can use security features such as Threat Protection, which detects and destroys malware-infected files instantly.
You can secure a reliable connection with NordVPN for just $3.49/month. A small price to pay for comprehensive protection and extensive geo-block circumvention capabilities. If you want to save on coffee, though, check out discount codes. Moreover, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 7-day free trial on the Google Play Store for those who want to test the service first.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN – fast and affordable VPN for ChatGPT
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Infinite connections
- Wicked-fast with WireGuard
- Excellent variety of privacy tools
- Some features cost extra
If you want to talk to ChatGPT from anywhere and without concern for your privacy, Surfshark VPN is the go-to option. This provider also nets an astounding fleet of 3200+ servers in 100+ countries. Moreover, Surfshark is the ideal choice if you’re inclined to chit-chat with the bot on a variety of devices, as it supports unlimited simultaneous connections. Neat, right?
What’s more, it’s hailed for its industry-leading toolkit of security features. Camouflage Mode, loved by users, secures your data entirely by removing any traces from your VPN connection. So, no prying eyes will witness the conversations between you and the chatbot. Think of all that freedom.
This ChatGPT VPN can be yours for a whopping $2.30/month, and even less so if you grab yourself a Surfshark discount code. Alternatively, you can opt for a 7-day free trial on Android or iOS if you’re seeking a free VPN for ChatGPT. Additionally, their 30-day money-back policy’s got your back in case you want a refund.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. Atlas VPN – cheap VPN for ChatGPT
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Blazing speed with WireGuard
- Well-performing and affordable
- Worthwhile free version
- No router support
Atlas VPN won’t disappoint ChatGPT users. It’s the most budget-friendly VPN to bypass geo-blocks and secure your privacy while chatting with the AI bot. With 750+ servers in 37+ countries in tow, this ChatGPT VPN puts all the chips on yes. Besides, you need not worry about a drop in speed because it’s fuelled by the potent WireGuard protocol.
If your VPN connection accidentally drops, the kill switch that Atlas VPN includes will help prevent data leaks. For fending off the nettlesome stalkers, there are the SafeSwap servers that continuously rotate your IP address. Undoubtedly, the provider’s security features make Atlas VPN a solid ChatGPT VPN to use in restricted countries or simply for extra privacy measures.
Moreover, Atlas VPN is a cheap alternative worth its salt. The starting price is $2.05/month, and you can also utilize a discount code to save extra pennies. On top of that, there’s always an option to dodge commitment with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you deem it necessary.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
4. ExpressVPN – ChatGPT VPN with a fast browsing experience
24/7 live chat, email
- Top speeds with Lightway
- Robust security features
- Broad global coverage
Due to its superb performance and security features, Express VPN is one of the top choices for ChatGPT. Encompassing a fleet of 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, the provider boasts broad global distribution. On top of that, the servers are powered by the Lightway protocol, so browsing speeds are not likely to experience any drops.
It’s essential that the VPN for ChatGPT enhances security and privacy, and ExpressVPN does just that. For instance, Threat Manager ensures no one tracks your online ventures. In want of extra protection, one can employ split tunneling, which routes the VPN connection through specific apps. Into the bargain, there’s even more in store.
However, the main drawback of this VPN for ChatGPT is the high price. Still, the $6.67/month price tag is worth the features ExpressVPN provides for its users. Additionally, you can scour discount codes for a smaller price. Ultimately, a 30-day money-return guarantee is always an option.
For a deeper investigation of ExpressVPN, read our ExpressVPN review.
5. CyberGhost – ChatGPT VPN with top-notch privacy
24/7 live chat
- Massive server fleet
- WireGuard-fuelled speeds
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- macOS and iOS have fewer features
ChatGPT folks will love CyberGhost. Bypassing geographical restrictions is a piece of cake with an overall network of 9700+ servers across 91+ countries. So, forget any congested servers with such a huge selection. Moreover, the WireGuard protocol secures optimal performance no matter what you do.
In terms of security, the provider makes for an untraceable ChatGPT VPN. IP and DNS leak protection prevents user identity exposure and IP address or DNS leaks. What’s more, you can opt for split tunneling to secure encryption for specific apps or websites. Namely, ChatGPT. Additionally, split tunneling improves browsing speed at the same time.
The even better news is that CyberGhost is another affordable option with a starting price of $2.03/month. Or you may grab a better deal for this ChatGPT VPN with a discount coupon. Lastly, the 45-day money-back guarantee lets you get a refund if the service doesn’t satisfy your needs.
For a deeper investigation of CyberGhost, read our CyberGhost review.
ChatGPT VPN comparison
|NordVPN||Surfshark VPN||Atlas VPN||ExpressVPN||CyberGhost|
|Network||5400+ servers in 60+ countries||3200+ servers in 100+ countries||750+ servers in 37+ countries||3000+ servers in 94+ countries||9700+ servers in 91+ countries|
|Logging policy||Independently-audited no-logs policy||Independently-audited no-logs policy||No-logs policy||Independently-audited and court-proven no-logs policy||Independently-audited no-logs policy|
|Protocol||NordLynx, OpenVPN, IKEv2||WireGuard, OpenVPN, IKEv2||WireGuard, IKEv2||Lightway, OpenVPN, IKEv2||WireGuard, OpenVPN, IKEv2|
|P2P||Yes (optimized P2P servers)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes (optimized P2P servers)|
|Streaming||Yes||Yes||Yes (streaming optimized servers)||Yes||Yes (streaming optimized servers)|
After looking at all the listed providers thoroughly, we must dub NordVPN our winner. The service offers the most optimal speeds and excellent global distribution to make the geo-blocking circumvention experience a breeze.
Additionally, its high-tech security features are the perfect counterpart for ChatGPT’s snooping and collecting user data.
How we tested VPNs for ChatGPT
The industry’s loaded with different options, and it can feel like a labyrinth trying to figure out which ChatGPT VPN to pick. We simplified the process for you by picking out the best providers. Of course, we’ll introduce you to the core criteria we considered when putting together this list of recommendations.
- Broad server network. Naturally, vast global coverage is essential for a VPN to have. After all, the greater the server number, the faster connection and more sufficient geo-block circumvention capabilities.
- Privacy. We ransacked the best no-logs VPNs in the wild to recommend only those that honor the privacy of their users. Our picks preserve your confidentiality and fully protect your data online.
- Optimal speed. Characteristically, performance is one of the key points of any VPN for ChatGPT. The providers we chose demonstrated optimal speeds, which you can put to the test with a VPN speed-testing tool.
- Full-fledged security. Housing a toolkit of security features that meet the industry standards were taken into account when rating providers. Certainly, you can expect total security with AES-256 encryption, kill switch, along with IP and DNS leak protection. No compromised data.
- Device compatibility. Innately, we regarded the importance of device compatibility and offered multiple-device VPNs with the broadest coverage. Plus, we looked at the number of simultaneous connections.
- Price-and-value ratio. Lastly, the VPN price didn’t escape our eyes. The listed providers offer the best quality for the asking price so as not to embitter the ChatGPT VPN experience.
The competition is fierce, and the recommendations hold their ground steadfastly. However, if you want the best experience with ChatGPT, your best option is NordVPN. Boasting ground-breaking performance compared to others in the market, the provider also secures you to your toes.
NordVPN is the industry leader with the proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol, massive server network, robust security measures, and 24/7 live chat.
What makes the best ChatGPT VPN?
Now, after reading up about the best VPN services you got acquainted with the leading brands in the industry. Still, you may wonder what does make the best ChatGPT VPN.
First, we must return to the reasons for VPN usage with ChatGPT, which are mainly two.
- You’re located in one of the restricted areas where the chatbot is blocked due to censorship laws.
In both cases, a steady VPN is a solution. In short, a provider should be capable of changing your location and offering extensive global coverage. Furthermore, industry-standard encryption and privacy protection capabilities are of utmost importance. Luckily, premium VPN service covers both of those needs simultaneously.
How to use ChatGPT with a VPN
Setting up a VPN for ChatGPT is a relatively simple procedure. Here is a guide detailing the steps:
- Choose a trustworthy ChatGPT VPN. We recommend the comprehensive NordVPN
- Download and install the VPN client that’s compatible with your device
- Connect to a VPN server where ChatGPT is available (e.g., US or UK)
- Clear your browser cache. That is a cautionary step in case your real location data is stored in the browser
- Navigate to the ChatGPT website and register your account. You will need a phone number to complete the procedure
- Enjoy your intellectual conversations with the chatbot!
Where is ChatGPT unavailable?
ChatGPT is available in most countries worldwide, save for a few that have strict censorship laws imposed on their citizens. These include:
|Countries where ChatGPT is fully banned||Countries where education institutions banned ChatGPT|
|China, Iran, Cuba, Syria, Venezuela, Russia, Egypt, Belarus, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Hong Kong||India, France, United States|
What is ChatGPT and why does it matter?
ChatGPT is a natural language processing tool driven by AI technology that allows you to have conversations with a chatbot. Moreover, communication closely resembles human interaction. Fruitfully, ChatGPT can answer questions and assist you with tasks such as writing essays, simplifying concepts, and code.
Many value this AI solution for its creativity, convenience, and strong potential to cover various user needs. Currently, the chatbot is in the feedback collection phase and is available publicly, free of charge. However, ChatGPT is already a superb AI chatbox that even received praise from Elon Musk, who called the bot “scary good.”
Still, like all things made by human hands, it has both pros and cons.
Pros of ChatGPT:
- Provides direct and instant answers to questions
- Due to advanced analysis of written and spoken language, it maintains a stimulating conversation
- Summarizes and writes content based on given prompts
- Assists in coding and other related areas of analytical expertise
- Free of charge and accessible publicly
Cons of ChatGPT:
- The content it produces can be wordy
- Certain factual information may be inaccurate
- Lack of originality
- Poses ethical concerns related to bias, privacy, and the potential for misuse
- Collects user data
VPN not working with ChatGPT: solutions
You followed the instructions, yet you’re still getting the message that ChatGPT is not available in your country? Well, there are a few things that might be happening here. Sadly, there is a possibility your VPN is not working properly. Here are several possible solutions to get it going:
- Change the VPN server. We can’t rule out the chance that the server you connected to is overcrowded or its IP has been blacklisted by ChatGPT. A very simple solution would be to try out several other servers.
- Disable your firewall and antivirus. Sometimes your firewall or antivirus will flag VPN traffic as malicious, thus blocking it altogether. Try disabling both software and then accessing ChatGPT with a VPN, or, whitelist your VPN in their settings.
- Check for IP & DNS leaks. Your IP and DNS leaks contain information about the actual location, so ChatGPT can read this information if you’re experiencing leaks That said, you should run tests on sites like ipleak.net or dnsleaktest.com. In case of leaks, we advise you to reset your internet connection.
- Clear browser cache. Information about your general location is also stored in the browser cache, so it’d be wise to clear it all up before connecting to a VPN and then accessing ChatGPT.
- Contact customer support. If all fails and you don’t know what to do, don’t worry. You can always contact the provider’s customer support, which is always ready to assist you and resolve your problems.
Do we recommend a free VPN for ChatGPT?
While you may see VPN providers enticing you by claiming to keep your data safe and secure online at no cost, that’s just not true. In fact, resorting to a free service may result in more harm than good. We’re talking specifically about such aspects:
- Increased data consumption. Some free VPNs for ChatGPT make encryption and decryption procedures drastically worse. Typically, your data consumption is increased and mostly wasted because of intrusive ads, shoddy encryption technology, and sales of your bandwidth.
- Faulty security. A VPN is meant to be a pillar of cybersecurity. Well, in certain cases, free providers end up doing just the opposite. They offer few features, and the supposed security is subpar at best. Some even go as far as injecting their software with malware.
- Privacy issues. There were cases where providers embedded tracking mechanisms in their service and collected users’ data. For that reason, free services aren’t particularly appealing as a ChatGPT VPN.
- Few global servers. Unfortunately, freebies also have a bad reputation when it comes to global coverage. Spoiler alert: it’s not so global. They usually have few servers in a too small number of locations.
- Suboptimal performance. Due to all the reasons listed above, free VPNs tend to perform inadequately. These few servers are congested, and underdeveloped features end up suffocating the bandwidth.
If you’re really set on increasing your savings, then the next best thing to do is to opt for free trial VPNs. Fortunately, this option allows you to enjoy high-tech online security doubled by extensive global coverage and blazing speeds. Although for a limited time, you can experience the best version of free VPNs for ChatGPT. Besides, you can utilize their money-return guarantees as another option.
ChatGPT is more than just another AI chatbox. Technology stands for rapid progress in the field of artificial intelligence. Truthfully, it comes as no surprise that even programmers consult the bot once they face a dead end in their coding toils. The problem is, though, that ChatGPT is banned in certain locations with stern censorship.
Fortunately, it’s nothing that a reliable VPN can’t solve. All you have to do is sign up for a premium service, which, we would be inclined to recommend, is NordVPN. Esteemed for its astounding security and geo-block circumvention capabilities, it’s an industry giant that offers a splendid price-to-value ratio.
What do you think is the best VPN for ChatGPT? What’s the most brilliant or funniest thing the chatbot told you? Let us know by leaving a comment!
You may also like to read:
Best VPN for Spotify
Best VPN for travel
Best VPN for Discord
Best VPN for YouTube
Best VPN for PS4 and PS5
Best VPN for BlueStacks
Can you use ChatGPT with VPN?
Yes, you can definitely use ChatGPT with a VPN. However, we advise opting for a premium VPN since free versions tend to leak personal data such as location, which, in turn, the website can detect. Our recommendation is NordVPN, which helps bypass geo-blocks effectively and secures personal data.
Which VPN is best for ChatGPT?
The best VPN for ChatGPT is NordVPN, hands down. The provider delivers an ultimate package of high-tech security features and is unmatched when it comes to bypassing geographical restrictions. Thus, this option makes for the best ChatGPT VPN.
Why is ChatGPT not available in my country?
The main reason why ChatGPT is unavailable in a country is due to its censorship laws. As such, the chatbot is unavailable in locations like Belarus, China, Iran, and Russia, to name but a few.
Should I use a free VPN for ChatGPT?
There is no free ChatGPT VPN that offers reliability, speed, and privacy features like a premium service. Instead, you can opt for a service like NordVPN and make use of the 30-day cash-back guarantee to test the service for free.
Is it safe to use a VPN to access ChatGPT?
Yes, it’s completely safe to access ChatGPT with a VPN. In fact, it’s recommended for preserving privacy since ChatGPT collects user data.
How to use ChatGPT in China?
ChatGPT is unavalaible in China. However, you can still access ChatGTP from China with the help of a solid VPN. First, choose a provider with excellent geo-block bypassing abilities, like NordVPN. Then install the app, connect to a US server, and go to the ChatGPT website, which is now available.