The United States is at the forefront of internet development. Many web-based companies have been found here. Also, many globally known and recognized businesses only provide their services in the United States. A reliable VPN can help you get a US IP address to access all US-only programs.
Changing your IP address effectively without any tools can be a difficult task. However, using a Virtual Private Network is an easy solution to bypass geo-blocks and access your desired content. That being said, with numerous VPN providers worldwide, it may be challenging to select the best provider. Thus, we have chosen and reviewed the best VPN services to get a US IP address in 2023.
How to get a US IP address with a VPN: a short guide
Best VPN for US IP: shortlist
- Best VPN to get a US IP9.6
- VPN to get a US IP, with no device limit9.5
- Affordable VPN to get a US IP9.0
- VPN to get a US IP address with free VIPRE antivirus8.7
- VPN to get a US IP with a free application version8.4
Alternative methods of getting a US IP address
Even though it is the easiest solution, you do not always need to use a VPN to get a US IP address. Here are some alternative methods to get assigned a US IP address.
A proxy server. By utilizing one, you will get assigned the server’s IP address. The proxy server will therefore act as an intermediary between you and the content you are trying to access. Unlike a VPN, however, your personal information will not get encrypted – you will only change your IP. Moreover, some of our top VPN recommendations have browser extensions that act as proxies. Others also offer SOCKS5 proxy servers.
Tor Browser. A web browser focused on your online privacy and security, Tor is a popular choice for accessing the deep web. With a little bit of work, you can also use Tor to get assigned a US IP address. However, this process is more complicated than simply using a reliable VPN because Tor assigns IPs randomly.
What can you do with a US IP address?
There are more than a few reasons to get a US IP address.
- Watching movies and TV shows. Many widely used streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, and Amazon Prime Video geo-block their content libraries to preserve copyrights. The easiest way to bypass these restrictions is to use a VPN.
- Streaming live sports. By changing your location to the US, you will get access to many sports streaming platforms and other web pages. These include ESPN, NFL, and NBA.
- Listening to music. With a US IP, you will gain access to different artists on sites like Apple Music, Pandora, SoundCloud, and Spotify.
- Online banking. Using a VPN while checking your bank account prevents your sensitive personal information from leaking online. The use of a VPN also decreases the threat of identity theft.
- Bypass ISP throttling. Your ISP can slow down your internet connection, so you’ll use less data, drastically dropping your browsing speeds. A reliable VPN lets you bypass the ISP throttle, maintain your usual connection speeds, and obtain a US IP.
- Security and privacy. A reliable VPN service will ensure your overall safety online, whether you connect to the US or other locations.
- Protect your online presence while traveling. You can even find cheaper plane tickets with the best VPN for travel.
Best VPN services to get a US IP address: overview
Below, you will find our Top 5 VPNs to get a US IP address. All selected providers have vast US server lists and will easily assign you a US IP address. Moreover, these VPNs offer additional security features that protect you against various online threats.
1. NordVPN – Best VPN to get a US IP
24/7 live chat, Email
- Wicked fast
- Enormous server fleet (more than 5200 servers in 60+ countries)
- Independently audited no-logs policy
- No router app
Without a doubt, NordVPN is the best VPN to get a US IP address. Based in privacy-friendly Panama, outside the jurisdiction of the Fourteen Eyes Alliance, NordVPN is a leading VPN provider worldwide.
NordVPN uses the in-house tunneling protocol, NordLynx, making it the fastest VPN on the market. Furthermore, this provider offers an enormous selection of 5800+ servers in 60+ countries. You will be excited to hear that around 2000 servers are located in 15 major US cities. Therefore, you will have a vast selection to choose from to get assigned a US IP address.
Those interested in using NordVPN on their mobile devices will be glad to hear that NordVPN’s applications for Android and iOS have ioXT certification. This means the applications had to pass meticulous privacy and security checks and be up to par with the highest standards. NordVPN has received the best possible scores in such categories as Secured Interfaces, Verified Software, and Proven Cryptography.
Moreover, NordVPN smoothly bypasses geo-blocked streaming content. This VPN service will help you access geo-blocked Disney Plus, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu content libraries, to name a few. Furthermore, NordVPN offers a strict, independently audited no-logs policy and a wide selection of specialty Obfuscated, Onion over VPN, and P2P-optimized servers for your torrenting needs.
NordVPN offers its services starting from just $3.49/month. With a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can test NordVPN’s top-notch service without risk. Lastly, you can unlock alternative deals with a valid NordVPN coupon code.
2. Surfshark – VPN to get a US IP, with no device limit
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Speedy connectivity
- Excellent privacy and security
- Unaudited no-logs policy
Based in the Netherlands, Surfshark VPN offers 3200+ servers in more than 100 countries. Among them, you will find 500+ servers in 20+ US cities. Therefore, by using Surfshark VPN, you will be guaranteed a US IP and a good list of options at your disposal.
Surfshark uses the next-gen WireGuard protocol, allowing it to achieve mind-blowingly fast connection speeds. Furthermore, Surfshark has switched to RAM-only servers, meaning information that would otherwise be retained is wiped away after each reboot. This helps to ensure that none of your personal information is kept by the VPN provider and is therefore unattainable to any third party.
In addition to this, Surfshark provides Camouflage and NoBorders modes, which hide your use of a VPN. With these features, you can be sure that your privacy will be preserved, and you can therefore connect to any country, even if it blocks the use of a VPN.
Surfshark offers an unlimited number of simultaneous connections. Its prices start at just $2.30/month, making it one of the cheapest high-value VPN providers. Furthermore, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and potential clients can get a taste of the service with a 7-day free trial. You can also use a Surfshark coupon code to purchase a subscription for a minimum price.
3. PrivateVPN – affordable VPN to get a US IP
24/7 live chat
- Very cheap
- Great for streaming
- 10 devices
- No WireGuard protocol
A smaller VPN provider, PrivateVPN offers roughly 200 servers in 63+ countries, offering 12 cities to connect to in the US.
It is one of the cheapest VPNs available without compromising its privacy and security features. It is one of the top VPN providers with a strict no-logs policy, kill switch, and AES 256-bit encryption.
With PrivateVPN, you will be able to unlock content libraries like Hulu, Disney+, or Netflix hassle-free. Moreover, P2P is allowed on all servers for smooth torrenting. In addition, PrivateVPN offers a SOCKS5 proxy and port forwarding for your convenience.
With a starting price of just $2.00/month and a ten-device limit, you will be able to get a US IP on multiple devices for a meager price. PrivateVPN offers a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can check out their service with no long-term commitment. More than that, you can get a better deal with a valid PrivateVPN discount code.
4. IPVanish – VPN to get a US IP address with free VIPRE antivirus
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- Large server list
- No device limit
- Decent price
- No anonymous payment methods
Based in the United States, IPVanish provides excellent service and is one of the most popular VPN choices worldwide. It offers a high security level and fulfills all your general VPN needs, such as gaming and torrenting.
With more than 2200 servers in roughly 51 countries, IPVanish has a large server fleet. More importantly, around 1315 of their servers are located in North America. This is important if the service you are trying to access is blocking the IP addresses of VPNs.
Furthermore, IPVanish supports WireGuard, IKEv2, and OpenVPN tunneling protocols. It offers AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DNS, and IP leak protection. Its SOCKS5 proxy is great for torrenters who wish to limit their VPN use to their torrent client.
With a starting price of just $2.99/month, it can get even lower if you add an IPVanish coupon code at checkout. Every new user also gets the reliable VIPRE antivirus program at no additional cost. Even though IPVanish does not provide a free trial option, you can still try their services risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5. Atlas VPN – VPN to get a US IP with a free application version
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Free version
- Unlimited devices
- WireGuard protocol
- No manual router connection
Atlas VPN currently offers the best freemium application available on the market. Based in the United States, it offers more than 1000 servers in over 42 countries. In addition to a strict no-logs policy, their free version does not require you to create an account or disclose any personal information for complete privacy protection.
The SafeSwap feature of Atlas VPN allows customers to rotate between several IP addresses, increasing their anonymity online. By choosing this service, you will have around 7 US locations to choose from to be assigned a US IP address.
In addition to AES-256 encryption, this VPN sports the WireGuard protocol for complete security. Since Atlas offers unlimited connections with a single account, it will ensure that all your devices are protected at no additional cost. Atlas VPN offers the kill-switch feature across all operating systems.
Even though Atlas offers a free version of their application, we highly advise you to try out their paid software for the complete experience. It is one of the cheapest VPNs, with a meager $1.82/month starting price. Moreover, the 30-day money-back guarantee will allow you to test the service without any long-term commitment. Check out Atlas VPN discount codes to unlock even better deals.
How we picked the best VPNs with US IP addresses
How we have selected these VPNs:
- US server availability. The most crucial factor in picking the top providers for an American IP is the availability of US servers suggested by a specific provider. All of our picks offer multiple United States locations to establish a connection to get a US IP.
- Security. In addition to allowing you to receive an IP, a reliable VPN service provider must have top-grade security. For example, our listed VPNs offer ad tracker blocking, kill switch, antivirus protection, and military-grade encryption, which is impenetrable.
- Privacy. A strict no-logs policy is a must for a reliable VPN service. Moreover, jurisdiction beyond the Five, Nine, and Fourteen Eyes agreement is beneficial.
- Combination of price and features. Even though the price is an essential factor when choosing your service provider, the cheapest option may not always be the best. You may want to opt for a VPN with the most value for your buck.
- Device support. When picking a VPN service, you have to ensure that your devices will support it. Therefore, we have picked VPNs available across various operating systems and devices, providing support to multiple devices simultaneously.
- Customer support. Reliable customer support is an integral part of any service. However, it is even more important when dealing with your online security. There is a big difference between instantaneously resolving your issue and waiting for days to receive an email. Therefore, we have selected the providers that offer 24/7 customer service.
How to get a US IP address on your device
It may be beneficial to get a US IP address on more than one device. Especially if you, like most of us, are using more than one device simultaneously. Here are simple and easy-to-follow guides on how to get a US IP address on your devices.
How to get a US IP address for Windows and macOS
Most VPNs have dedicated applications for macOS, Windows, and even Linux. They are straightforward to set up and use for various purposes, including getting a US IP. Here’s how you do it:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service with US servers. We recommend picking NordVPN
- Download the program on your Windows or Mac device
- Install the application
- Connect to any server in the US
- That’s it. You have a US IP.
How to get a US IP address for Android and iOS
Currently, our mobile phones are arguably the most used technological devices that almost everyone uses. Therefore, most virtual private networks are compatible with Android and iOS operating systems. Here’s how you get a US IP on your iOS and Android devices:
- Pick a VPN with an abundance of US servers to choose from. Our pick would be NordVPN, the best service overall
- Download and install the application via your Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Choose a server in the US to connect to
- Your device now has an assigned US IP address!
Can I use a free VPN to get a US IP address?
Most free VPN providers are highly unreliable. In addition to lacking VPN server locations, free VPNs tend to sell your personal information to third parties for profit.
To be fully protected and keep your online activity private, we advise you to invest in a reliable VPN service with a strict no-logs policy and an array of security features. Our suggestions would be NordVPN, now 68% off.
However, if you are searching for a solid free VPN, we highly advise you to go for Atlas VPN.
There are many reasons to get a US IP, from accessing geo-blocked streaming content to hiding your actual location and increasing your privacy.
Therefore, after comparing different providers, we’ve found that NordVPN is the most reliable VPN service provider for securely gaining a US IP address. It has plenty of servers in the US and worldwide and offers the fastest connections. Moreover, you have no trouble unblocking Netflix and other content with this provider.
What do you think is the best VPN to get a US IP address? Let us know by leaving a comment!
You may also like to read:
How to get a UK IP address
How to bypass VPN blocks
How to get cheap flights tickets with VPN
How to watch UK TV online outside of the UK
How to watch CBS online from anywhere
Best VPN for Streaming
Best VPN for Apple TV
How to watch ESPN
Can I use a free VPN to get a US IP?
We do not recommend using a free VPN to obtain a US IP. Free VPNs are largely unreliable and often sell your personal information to third parties. However, if you are interested in a free VPN, we recommend you try out Atlas VPN’s free version since it offers a speedy and trustworthy service.
Is it legal to use a VPN to get a US IP?
Simply put – yes. Changing your IP via a VPN is not against any laws. Therefore, you can use a VPN without any fear of breaking a law.
What is the best VPN to get a US IP?
According to our research, the best VPN to get a US IP is NordVPN. In addition to a wide range of US servers to choose from, NordVPN provides many security features for complete protection. Check out NordVPN, now 68% off.