Channel 4, known as All 4, is a British TV channel that offers a wide range of entertainment options. From live TV and news reports, to binge-worthy shows and movies that will leave you on the edge of your seat, it’s an extensive service you can watch any time. That is, if you’re a UK resident – the rest of the world is barred from Channel 4 because of geo-blocking.
Don’t want these restrictions to hold you back from some quality leisure time? Utilize a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to unblock this platform – simply connecting to a British server will grant you access to All 4 material. Grab one of the 5 best Channel 4 VPNs we discuss below, and finally watch what you want in the US.
How to watch Channel 4 in the US with VPN
- Subscribe to a VPN with UK servers. We recommend NordVPN, now 57% off!
- Install the client on the device of your choice
- Connect to a server in Britain
- Finally watch Channel 4 outside the UK!
Get the best VPN for Channel 4
Why do you need a VPN to watch Channel 4?
The age-old question: “Why can’t we watch content countries on the other side of the globe can?”. Well, the answer is simple – due to copyright laws and various distribution rights. Of course, the UK is no exception, so Channel 4 is only available to the British populace for now and in the foreseeable future.
Outsiders interested in this platform’s immense library are greeted by the “Not Available” message thanks to geo-blocks. Even UK citizens away on business trips abroad or simply residing in another country are entirely cut off from Channel 4.
There is a way to game the system, and all you have to do is subscribe to the best VPNs. The process is simple – you cloak yourself with a UK IP address by connecting to a server in Britain via a VPN. Then, when you go to access Channel 4 shows, the platform reads your new IP and thinks you’re from the United Kingdom, finally allowing to watch everything.
All entertainment doors are open for you to explore with the right VPNs. Plus, these tools ensure you remain safe and sound online while protecting the device you’re surfing on., A little bit of better privacy & security never hurt anybody.
Best VPNs to stream Channel 4 in the US: overview
- NordVPN – The best VPN for Channel 4
- Surfshark VPN – Channel 4 VPN with unlimited connections
- PrivateVPN – Great VPN to watch Channel 4
- IPVanish – Channel 4 VPN with malware protection
- Atlas VPN – Cheapest VPN for Channel 4
We’ve evaluated specific criteria while making this list of the best VPNs to watch Channel 4 in the US. First, you will need a provider with a sizable UK server list with as many local IP addresses as possible. Then, to ensure the platform doesn’t detect your actual location, AES-256 encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch are mandatory.
If excellent video quality is what you’re after, pick streaming VPNs with the latest tunneling protocols. Having broad device compatibility lets you tune in to Channel 4 on any platform as well. Lastly, multiple simultaneous connections are a must if the whole family wants to watch different things.
1. NordVPN – the best VPN for Channel 4
24/7 live chat, Email
- NordLynx-fuelled speeds
- SmartPlay for streaming devices
- Independently-audited and secure
- No router app
There’ll be no more “How to watch UK Channel 4 in the US” questions with NordVPN. Packed with tight security tools and perfectly capable of circumventing even the strongest geo-blocks, it’s just what you need for Channel 4. Plus, it’s the fastest VPN as well, making video buffering ancient history.
You’ll have no trouble getting an optimal connection when there are 5400+ servers in 60+ countries to pick from. Those wishing to join Britain aren’t left out either – 440+ suitable UK servers are awaiting new users. And the famous speeds that guarantee 4K lag-free streaming are powered by the NordLynx tunneling protocol, of course.
Don’t forget that Channel 4 isn’t the only UK platform you can dive into. Explore BBC iPlayer, and when that doesn’t quite scratch the itch, access different libraries of Netflix, Disney+, and more. The SmartPlay feature will ease everything by allowing you to mask your IP address on devices that don’t support VPNs natively.
Entering a NordVPN code will knock the price down to just $3.49/month for this excellent service with 6 simultaneous connections. Take the 7-day free trial version out for a spin or subscribe risk-free, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN – Channel 4 VPN with unlimited connections
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Infinite connections
- Smart DNS for streaming devices
- WireGuard for excellent speeds
- Unaudited no-logs policy
Another suitable VPN to stream Channel 4 is Surfshark VPN. It’s an excellent mix of robust features meant to keep you safe no matter where you surf the web – from home or in public. What’s more, all subscriptions come with no device limit, so you can freely secure everything you need.
3200+ RAM-only servers in 100+ countries will readily meet all your content-unblocking needs. The UK alone boasts plenty of servers located in Manchester, Edinburgh, London, and Glasgow. Moreover, videos can be viewed in crisp HD quality thanks to the WireGuard protocol. The Nexus SDN upgrade also plays into it by speeding up VPN traffic.
There’s no need to fret if your go-to streaming device doesn’t support VPNs – Smart DNS will take care of that in seconds. And when that’s done, nothing stops you from delving into all kinds of foreign libraries from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc.
Apply our Surfshark VPN coupon to pay no more than $2.30/month for a great service. The 30-day money-back guarantee protects your purchase if it doesn’t work out, but we’re pretty sure you’ll love it. You can always check out the 7-day free trial just in case.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PrivateVPN – great VPN to watch Channel 4
24/7 live chat
- User-friendly apps
- Anonymous payments
- Owns all server hardware
- Mac and iOS have fewer features
Boasting an enticing price-to-feature ratio, PrivateVPN won’t leave you hanging when it comes to unblocking Channel 4 in the US. Subscribers get to secure up to 10 devices, more than enough for the whole household, and stay hidden from any potential snoopers to boot.
This VPN owns all 200+ servers scattered around 63+ countries, meaning no one can meddle with them. Britain isn’t overlooked at all, and you’ll find convenient servers located in London and Manchester. Furthermore, excellent video quality is possible due to the OpenVPN protocol and High Quality Network, bought straight from the provider.
PrivateVPN ensures your favorite shows don’t suffer from buffering by buying internet capacity from the source. So, whether it’s Channel 4 or other streaming platforms like NBC, Hulu, or HBO Max, you’re always in for a treat.
$2.00/month is pocket change for a fantastic Channel 4 VPN. Just don’t forget to enter a PrivateVPN code before finalizing the purchase. Now, if you’re still unsure, take advantage of the 7-day trial. Also, keep in mind that the 30-day money-back guarantee protects your subscription.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
4. IPVanish – Channel 4 VPN with malware protection
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- No device limit
- Extensive UK server list
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- No anonymous payment methods
Streaming Channel 4 on your go-to devices won’t be a problem with IPVanish – the unlimited simultaneous connections make sure of that. While this provider offers the essential tools found with many premium services, it also includes real-time VIPRE Antivirus protection. If you frequently find yourself connected to public Wi-Fi, you simply can’t do without it.
IPVanish is one of the few VPNs that own all the hardware – we’re talking about 2000+ servers in 50+ countries in this case. Simply dive into Channel 4 or any UK service by connecting to the 110+ servers located in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Maidenhead. What’s best is that video performance will never dip below excellent due to the WireGuard protocol.
If you prefer streaming devices, you’ll be happy to find that IPVanish has dedicated apps for Android TV, ChromeOS, and even Amazon Fire TV Stick. Manually configuring the VPN on a router is also an option. Either way, you’re bound to enjoy many other unblocked services besides the star of the article.
Grab a subscription for the excellent price of $3.99/month by applying our IPVanish coupon during checkout. While there is no trial version you could test out before committing, there’s plenty of time to see if it’s right for you with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of IPVanish, read our IPVanish review.
5. Atlas VPN – cheapest VPN for Channel 4
Email, tickets, FAQ
- WIreGuard-powered speeds
- No device limit
- Great for bypassing geo-blocks
- No router configuration
And last but not least is Atlas VPN, a reliable Channel 4 VPN that won’t make a dent in your wallet. Besides being one of the cheapest VPN services out there, it’s convenient for circumventing those pesky geographical restrictions, too. Just install the client where you need it most and connect to streaming-optimized servers for the best experience.
UK IP addresses abound in the sizable network of 750+ servers spread across 37+ countries. Your excellent streaming performance needs aren’t neglected either. The WireGuard tunneling protocol makes sure that Channel 4 and any video content is as crisp as ever.
Now, we’re sure that having one platform in your grasp isn’t enough. What luck that Atlas VPN is perfectly capable of unblocking BBC iPlayer and foreign libraries of Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video. You can even use split tunneling (Android only) to route VPN traffic through select apps.
Pay only $2.05/month by entering an Atlas VPN discount code for an excellent service with unlimited connections. If the shoe doesn’t fit, you can always return it with the 30-day money-back guarantee. And yes, there is a completely free version, but it’s not relevant in this case because it can’t unblock streaming. So, you’re better off subscribing.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
How to sign up to Channel 4 outside the UK
While it is a free streaming service, Channel 4 requires users to create an account before watching anything. Thankfully, the process is relatively easy, and there’s no need to provide any payment details.
- Subscribe to a VPN with UK servers, like NordVPN, download the software, and connect to a British server
- Go to the official Channel 4 website – you can also download the app
- Select Register for an account
- Enter all required information – your email address, password, date of birth, and a UK address with an appropriate UK postcode. You can use any random address generator to get one.
- Verify your email and the new account, and you’re done – freely browse everything Channel 4 has in store
How to watch Channel 4 in US on devices
Streaming Channel 4 outside the US is perfectly possible as long as you’re connected to a VPN. Of course, the process varies depending on the device you’re doing it on – we recommend subscribing to services most suitable for the one you have:
How to watch Channel 4 on Windows
- Download a Channel 4 VPN. Our top choice is NordVPN, now 57% off!
- Install the client on your computer
- Connect to a UK server
- Open Channel 4 and create an account or log in
- Pick a movie and start watching!
How to watch Channel 4 on Mac
- Subscribe to a VPN with plenty of UK servers. NordVPN includes lots of British IP addresses.
- Download the software on your PC
- Select a server in the UK
- Go to Channel 4 and sign up for the service
- Enjoy endless streaming!
How to watch Channel 4 on Android
- Get a reliable VPN for the UK. You can never go wrong with NordVPN.
- Complete the app set up on your phone
- Connect to a British server
- Navigate to the Channel 4 application and log in
- Catch up with the latest shows!
How to watch Channel 4 on iOS
- Grab a robust VPN subscription. NordVPN is excellent for iOS.
- Install the client on your iPhone
- Pick a server located in Britain
- Find the Channel 4 app and create an account
- Get full access to All 4!
How to watch Channel 4 on streaming devices
Channel 4 is available on several streaming devices as well for those wanting to dive into All 4 content from the comfort of their living room. As mentioned previously, it’s best if you snatch a VPN suited for your device:
How to watch Channel 4 on Roku
- Reset your Roku device
- Find a reliable VPN. We’ve found that the best VPN for Roku is NordVPN.
- Set up the VPN on your router
- Select a UK server
- Connect Roku to the TV and navigate to the Channel Store
- Find Channel 4, add it, and log in to your account
- Stream anything you want!
How to watch Channel 4 on Apple TV
- Subscribe to a robust Apple TV VPN. NordVPN hasn’t disappointed us yet.
- Set up the VPN on your router
- Pick a server located in Britain and connect the TV to the newly-secured network
- Open Apple TV and get the Channel 4 app from the Store
- Create an account or log in to an existing one
- Relax with your favorite shows!
How to watch Channel 4 live on Firestick
- Download a VPN with many UK servers. NordVPN offers a wide-reaching server network.
- Install the client on your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Connect to a British server
- Open the device’s dashboard and find the Channel 4 app
- Log in or create an account
- Sit back and enjoy quality entertainment!
How to watch Channel 4 On Demand outside the UK
- Subscribe to the best VPN to watch Channel 4. NordVPN is excellent against geo-blocks.
- Install the VPN on the device of your choice. Refer to the previous section for specific device instructions.
- Connect to a UK server
- Go to www.channel4.com or open the Channel 4 application
- Create an account
- Pick any show in the library and have a great time!
How to fix a not working VPN on Channel 4
One day you’re enjoying a candid comedy about teens growing up during The Troubles in Ireland, and the next, you’re greeted with the dreaded unavailable error. If the message below graces your screen, your Channel 4 VPN is not working anymore for some reason.
Thankfully, not everything is lost – you can fix these VPN issues yourself. Here’s what might be happening:
- Your location is leaking. You cannot access All 4 if your actual IP address is visible due to stored web cookies in the browser or even disabled security protocols. Clear your browser’s cache, try a different protocol, and restart your device.
- VPN IP got blacklisted. In some cases, Channel 4 is blocking the VPN server you’re connected to. There’s no harm in switching to another one to see if that fixes the problem.
- The VPN client is outdated. Older versions of such software might be unable to bypass geo-blocks or prevent IP & DNS leaks, making Channel 4 unavailable. Make sure you have the latest VPN version up and running, and update it if need be.
- The TAP drivers are corrupted. If you’ve been trying to set up multiple VPNs on your router, it’s very likely the device’s TAP drivers got scrambled in the process. If that’s the case, your only option is to delete them and install a fresh TAP driver batch.
Besides bugged or glitched software, you can’t throw the possibility that the VPN itself just can’t bypass geo-blocks. Always refer to customer support for concrete answers, and if they can’t help you, switch providers. The best VPNs for Channel 4 we’ve listed above offer outstanding performance and attentive support, ready to help at a moment’s notice.
Do we recommend using a free VPN for Channel 4?
We understand that it’s very tempting to just go with services that don’t cost anything but don’t fall into this trap. In most instances, free VPNs are unreliable when it comes to circumventing restrictions, not to mention the various security risks you’d be willingly signing up for. Other downsides include but are not limited to:
- Selling your personal data – only the provider and third parties are profiting here, mind you. The free service gets to stay another month afloat by collecting info about you while the highest bidder then uses all of it for targeted ads (in most cases).
- Installing unsafe clients – free VPNs shamelessly offer their users clients riddled with malware, adware, and other malicious software that compromises the overall security and integrity of your device
- Putting up with insufferable speeds – overcrowded servers limited by stringent data caps can only do so much. If you’re already annoyed with the current loading times, wait till you’re watching a basic website load for several minutes.
- Unacceptable video quality – if, by chance, the free Channel 4 VPN manages to unblock this streaming platform, don’t expect much quality-wise. 144p will be haunting you everywhere you go.
Now, if you really can’t afford to spare some money, there are other ways to access All 4. Cycling through the free trial versions of trustworthy VPNs is a viable choice, for one. They only work for a limited time, but it’s more than enough to binge-watch anything you need, and then jump to another one. We recommend starting with NordVPN’s free trial version.
What to watch on Channel 4
From news and talk shows to lifestyle specials and immersive documentaries, Channel 4 has a bit of something for everyone. Tune in to a live sports broadcast, shed tears of laughter with the latest sitcoms, or learn something new by watching scientific content – all available in glorious HD.
|News & Current Affairs||Channel 4 News, The Andrew Neil Show, Unreported World|
|Film||Men in Black: International, The Double, Hush, Corpus Christi, Step Brothers, Animal Farm|
|Sports||Formula 1, Professional Fighters League, W Series Motor Racing, Heineken Champions Cup Rugby|
|Comedy||Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Derry Girls, The Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd, Peep Show, Friday Night Dinner|
|Drama||The Tudors, Shameless, Skins, Hollyoaks, The Cane Field Killings, Anomalia, Made in Chelsea|
|Adult Swim||The Eric Andre Show, Robot Chicken, Metalocalypse, Samurai Jack, Aqua Teen Hunger Force|
Watch Channel 4 in the US with VPN
See something on the list you’ve wanted to watch for ages? Grab an appropriate UK VPN, connect to a server in Britain, and dive into the best shows and movies the platform has to offer.
Whether you want to relax after a long day or catch up with current world affairs, Channel 4 has you covered. It’s a great video platform with all kinds of content, but the fact it’s only available to UK citizens really dampens the mood.
Bypass those pesky All 4 geo-restrictions with suitable VPNs. Services like NordVPN help you do so in just a few clicks, all the while keeping you safe from third parties trying to monitor your activities. Everyone can benefit from a lil’ bit of protection and freedom online.
What are the latest shows you’ve binge-watched on Channel 4? Let us know in the comment section below!
You may also like to read:
Best VPN for BBC iPlayer
Best VPN for Disney+
Best VPN for Netflix
Best VPN for Hulu
Watch CBC in the USA
Watch NBC without cable
Watch CBS from anywhere
Can I watch Channel 4 from outside the UK?
Only if you’re subscribed to a VPN. Channel 4 is available just to UK residents due to copyright laws and regulations, so the system blocks anyone who doesn’t have the correct IP address. You can easily change it by connecting to a British server with a VPN.
Can I watch Channel 4 without an app?
Yes, you can watch Channel 4 without an app through the official website. If you live outside Britain, you’ll need a VPN to be able to access videos since they are available to UK citizens only.
Why does my VPN not work with Channel 4?
Your VPN might not be working with Channel 4 because the service blocked the VPN ports or servers. Switch to another UK server and if the problem persists, subscribe to another provider that isn’t blocked.
What is the best VPN for Channel 4?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Channel 4. It has plenty of UK servers, broad device compatibility, and lightning-fast speeds to facilitate zero buffering and no lag. Plus, it’s excellent against geo-restrictions.