The Sports Network (TSN) is the home of sports for many Canadians. With a full variety of the most popular sports and leagues to follow, TSN can be found not only on TV but online as well.
However, TSN might just be out of your reach. This platform, just like many renowned media streaming networks, is region-restricted and is only accessible to residents of Canada.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) lets you avoid that. Simply put, a VPN allows you to connect to a server abroad and hide your true IP address effectively changing your virtual location. This, in turn, grants you access to many different geo-blocked websites and services.
In this article, we’ll teach you how to watch TSN in USA without a snag.
How to watch TSN in USA with a VPN
- Pick a reliable VPN provider with Canadian servers. Our VPN of choice is NordVPN, now 57% off
- Open your VPN app and connect to a Canadian server.
- Navigate to the TSN website or download the TSN app on your chosen device.
- Log in to your TSN account or register using a Canadian zip code or address.
- Choose a video or live broadcast and stream to your heart’s content!
Top 3 best VPNs for TSN streaming outside Canada
- Best all-round VPN for TSN9.7
- Great value for TSN with unlimited devices9.3
- Affordable VPN option for cheap TSN streaming9.2
Why do you need VPN to watch TSN in USA?
To put it short – TSN is only available in Canada. Some of you asking how to watch TSN videos in US and beyond may not be surprised that TSN is but another victim of geo-blocking. As hated as geo-blocking is, it’s a necessity for copyright laws, broadcasting rights, and licensing agreements. But for any eager viewer – where there’s a will, there’s a way!
Anyone can sign up for TSN by just using a Canadian address and payment method, but you’ll still be greeted with an error message once you try to watch a video. That’s where any solid sports VPN can help you out. In this case, what a VPN does is change your non-Canadian IP address, which in turn bypasses geo-blocking.
Now, the first off-the-shelf VPN might not do the trick. Not only some don’t pack the features necessary for a geo-block bypass, but others might even be a gateway for malware. What you’ll need to watch TSN content in America is a fast and advanced VPN for sports with servers in Canada. You can find a few of our preferred ones coming up next.
Best VPNs to watch TSN in USA – our detailed list
As this use case is fairly specific, our choice of best VPNs for streaming TSN requires a few certain points of criteria. A few of those are as follows:
- Servers in Canada and more countries. The more, the better
- Modern VPN tunneling protocols for high-speed connections
- Ability to unblock geo-restricted content
- Compatibility with the most popular devices
- Solid security features
- Reliable 24/7 customer support
Finding a perfect VPN to cover all the bases is usually not an easy task. After all, we already got our hands dirty so you don’t have to. Considering the chosen factors, here’s our Top 3 podium of VPNs for TSN:
1. NordVPN – best VPN for TSN watching TSN in USA
24/7 live chat, Email
- 480+ Canadian servers
- Unblocks TSN and other streaming services
- Fastest VPN for streaming
- Only six simultaneous connections
Gold medal goes to, without a doubt, the best overall option out there – NordVPN. If you want to watch TSN in USA, then this contender runs laps against its competition. In terms of speed, it’s a true winner thanks to its lightning-fast connections and proprietary NordLynx protocol. For this reason alone NordVPN is the best VPN for streaming on the market.
But what if you want to watch more than just TSN? Using its SmartPlay feature, NordVPN combines the best parts of SmartDNS and a VPN into one. This, with 5400+ servers in 60+ countries, ensures complete access not only to Netflix or HBO MAX, but ESPN, NHL+, or MLB TV.
However, the 6 simultaneous device connection limit could feel underwhelming to some but it’s usually more than enough to cover yourself and the closest to you. The good news is that you can kind of circumvent that by installing NordVPN on your router, which in turn provides all VPN benefits to any device connected to your network.
Although NordVPN is a little pricier than some competitors ($3.49/month), the top-of-the-line performance and features are well worth it. And even then, you can try that and more risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee or a 7-day free trial. Of course, if you don’t want to miss out on the best deals, be sure to check out our NordVPN coupon page.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – affordable and secure VPN for watching TSN
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Widest global coverage
- 126 servers in Canada
- Some security features cost extra
Surfshark is one hell of a bang for the buck when considering one of the best streaming VPNs for TSN. That’s because it has one of the best global coverage in 100+ countries with 3200+ RAM-only servers. Also, the WireGuard protocol ensures minimal speed loss so you don’t miss any crucial sports moments.
As a budget-friendly option, Surfshark doesn’t compromise on security features. These include AES-256 encryption, DNS leak protection, and Camouflage Mode, which essentially is an Anti-anti-VPN measure. Yet, some extra features such as breach alerts, antivirus, and their privacy-focused search engine will require a little extra.
That being said, Surfshark is not only efficient but also extremely versatile. This VPN is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, routers, and even Android TV or Amazon Fire TV devices. Best of all, you can connect them all simultaneously without any limits.
Now that we know the bang, what is the buck? You can start using Surfshark for as little as $3.49/month if you grab any of the current deals. If you’re not quick on commitment, you can try Surfshark risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee or set up a completely free 7-day trial.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. Atlas VPN – the freemium VPN for watching TSN content
Email, tickets, FAQ
- One of the best Free VPNs
- Proper security features
- Great for sports streaming
- No router compatibility
Atlas VPN is a great gateway into the whole VPN world. The user interface is simple to understand which creates a nice Plug’n’Play experience. even for a first time user trying to stream TSN in US. A free version is a great option to test out the waters, at least as a demo. It gives you a 5 GB/month data limit but you can’t stream basically any geo-blocked content.
Fortunately, the story changes quite drastically once we jump the fence and enter the “Premium side”. This pocket-sized rocket can dodge most geo-blockades. It also uses WireGuard protocols for maximum speed efficiency to stream content from all the most popular streaming sites, including TSN, without any hitches.
A red flag should be raised for AtlasVPN’s missing router support, though. This won’t be a problem for anyone planning on using it on their smartphones or computers, but it effectively writes off your streaming-specific devices, such as Roku or Apple TV, straight away. Android TV or Amazon Fire Stick owners are good to go as Atlas VPN is compatible with these platforms.
Once we jump into pricing, AtlasVPN is one of the cheapest ways to reliably stream TSN, right now at only $2.05/month. For the best deals, be sure to check for Atlas VPN coupons. So, if your goal is to jump straight into streaming without breaking the bank, Atlas VPN is a great cheap option to do so.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
How we tested these VPNs to stream TSN online in USA
Choosing the right VPN always depends on what it’s going to be used for. For example, torrenting requires maximum privacy and security, while streaming – the best speeds and geo-block dodging.
Below we list our main criteria for picking the right VPN for TSN streaming.
- Servers. The most important requirement for a VPN in this case is location-specific servers. Since TSN is restricted to Canada, the VPN must include Canadian servers. Preferably – multiple cities.
- Privacy and security. Your VPN provider should never cheap out on security and so shouldn’t you. The best VPNs must include cutting-edge encryption methods, reliable kill witches, and trusty DNS leak protection measures.
- Speed. If your goal is streaming, VPN’s ability to bypass region restrictions is not enough. A high-speed connection, using WireGuard protocols is crucial for enjoying the content how it’s supposed to be seen.
- Streaming. It’s always better to look into the capabilities of each VPN’s full streaming potential. If TSN is your only priority, you still shouldn’t miss out on Netflix, HBO Max or Disney+ availability moving forward.
- Price. The most expensive option is not always the best as $4 is usually more than enough to get a great deal. Always check how much value you get from your VPN – both in terms of performance and features.
- Compatibility. Depending on the platform of your choice, it’s always necessary to check if a VPN is supported by your devices. Also, in the case of some streaming-specific hardware, you might need a router-compatible VPN.
How to watch TSN on different devices
Unless you’re connected to the net on Canadian soil, you’ll need to snatch a VPN. Most of the best VPNs are usually compatible with a variety of different platforms. However, the process of setting up your TSN stream may vary on your choice of device. In this case, the constant is a reliable and fast VPN.
Here’s how you can prepare your device for all the sporty goodness.
Watch TSN on Smartphones (iOS, Android)
If you want to follow your favorite teams or athletes on the go, here’s a step-by-step guide for mobile devices:
- Download a VPN with servers in Canada from your phone’s app store (Apple App Store or Google Play Store). Our frontrunner is NordVPN.
- While you’re at it, install the official TSN app from your app store.
- Connect to a Canadian server.
- Log in to your TSN account or create one through their app.
- Enjoy every sports event in the library!
Watch TSN on PC (Mac, Windows)
Setting up your TSN live stream on your computer is ridiculously easy if you know what to look for. You can do it in no time by following these steps:
- Download and install a trustworthy VPN with servers in Canada. We recommend NordVPN.
- Connect to any Canadian server.
- Head to the TSN website on your browser.
- Sign up for a TSN subscription or log in if you have one already.
- Pick any live or on-demand video and enjoy!
Pro tip: if you’re still greeted by an error message after doing all of the previous steps, it’s good practice to clear your browser cookies or open the TSN website in an incognito window.
How to watch TSN on streaming devices
TSN streaming is not limited to phones and PCs. If you’re a proud owner of an Amazon Firestick, Roku device, or Apple TV, the following short guides will help you get into TSN sports quickly and easily.
Stream TSN On Roku
If you’re planning to stream TSN content on your Roku device, follow these steps:
- Choose a fast VPN with Canadian servers. Our top pick is NordVPN.
- Install your VPN on the local router.
- Connect the VPN to a server in Canada.
- Reset your Roku device.
- Head to the Channel Store of your Roku device.
- Launch TSN.
- Tune in to the full TSN library!
Stream TSN On Firestick / Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV Stick, unlike most streaming devices, supports VPNs natively. This is great news for the owners because the setup process doesn’t require any busy work with your router. It’s as easy as these few steps:
- Find a fast VPN that has servers in Canada and is natively supported by Fire Stick, such as NordVPN.
- Install the chosen VPN from the Amazon Appstore.
- Connect to any Canadian server.
- Search for TSN on your Firestick and log in to your TSN account.
- Explore TSN content without restrictions!
Streaming without limits with NordVPN
Stream TSN On Apple TV
Although Apple TV utilizes the Apple App Store, the hardware doesn’t support even the best VPNs in the market. Don’t fret though! Following this short guide will help you unlock the full potential of your Apple TV device in no time.
- Choose a reliable VPN with Canadian servers and router support. NordVPN is our recommended pick.
- Download and install the VPN on your router.
- Connect to a server in Canada.
- Open the App Store and search for the TSN app.
- Log into your TSN account or subscribe.
- Enjoy unlimited TSN broadcasts!
Can I watch TSN without subscribing?
The short answer is yes… kind of. If you already have a TSN package available to you through your TV provider, TSN live streaming is available to you at no additional cost.
Unfortunately, to watch TSN outside of Canada, you’ll still need a VPN anyway. Also, if you don’t have a live TSN subscription, there is also no available trial or money-back guarantee period for either monthly or annual passes respectively.
“But what about those third-party websites” you may ask. It’s true that you can find some sketchy websites with “premium” content for free if you dig deep enough. What’s also true, is that most of those websites bombard your device with non-stop ads, malicious pop-ups, and sometimes even straight-up viruses just a click away.
Aside from those sites being not particularly legal, we would also advise keeping your online presence safe and staying a distance from them while sticking to more secure ways of enjoying the content you love.
Can’t watch TSN with VPN: solutions
Using VPNs to run circles around those pesky geo-blocks is an open secret. Broadcasters are fully aware of the workaround and are working every day to patch the holes. This means that there’s always a chance to hit a wall even if you did everything right. Here are a few tips to check out first:
- Check if your IP is leaking. Leaking pipes are annoying, especially if your IP is leaking out of the virtual one as well. This might reveal your true location to the service provider, which in turn can just block your access even if you’re using a VPN. You can check if your VPN does a good job by checking your IP on ipleak.com or your DNS through dnsleaktest.com.
- Switch servers. Even the best VPN providers can’t help some of their IPs being blacklisted on streaming services. If you did everything right, this could still be the case, so don’t hesitate to just try out other servers on the network.
- Clear your cookies. These virtual biscuits store a lot of information about your browsing history, location, and other tracks of your virtual footprint. Sometimes, this crumb trail leads straight to your home IP and might lead to more location-based error messages. Clear your cookies or use Incognito Mode.
- Keep your VPN up to date. Not updating your VPN app can lead to some unwanted errors, stuttering, or other issues. If problems persist, reinstalling the application altogether can also be a solution.
- Contact customer support. If you got to this point, then it’s probably better to consult a professional. Customer support professional. All of the best VPN providers have a helping hand ready 24/7, so don’t be afraid to ask for some friendly assistance.
How to watch TSN in the USA for free
There are quite a few free VPNs out there, but there’s a saying – if you’re not paying for the product, then YOU are the product. Some free VPNs collect loads of data, keep your browsing logs, and might even sell off your personal data. That’s a no-go.
However, there are free or freemium VPNs that are transparent about their policies and are honest, but pretty much all of them are not suitable for media streaming. That is because free VPNs usually either don’t unblock region-locked content, are too slow for consistent video streaming, or have fairly small data caps put in place. So is it possible to use a free VPN for TSN streaming in US? Kind of. Can we recommend it? Not really.
It’s not all doom and gloom, though. Top VPN providers do give a full 30-day money-back guarantee to try it out for free.
What to watch on TSN
Being the largest specialty channel in Canada, TSN also has a wide library of sports content to watch either live or on-demand through their application or website. The following table is just a little taste of what sports are covered on TSN regularly.
|Hockey||NHL, Hockey Canada, WJC, CHL|
|Football||NFL, Super Bowl, CFL, XFL|
|Soccer||FIFA World Cup, Champions League, LaLiga, Bundesliga|
|Tennis||ATP, WTA, Grand Slam|
|Auto Racing||NASCAR, F1, NTT IndyCar Series|
|Others||TSN Originals, ESPN Films, TSN Radio, Podcasts|
And that’s not all! You can even find content on curling, UFC, Rugby, the Olympics, and many more of your favorite sports.
With all available coverage and the amount of sports content, TSN could be a holy place for any sports fan. Ranging from live broadcasts to on-demand talk shows, podcasts, and even sports documentaries, TSN is a place to be for anyone following their favorite teams or athletes.
Since TSN is strictly available only in Canada, you’ll require an advanced VPN to work around their geo-blocking and other location-related restrictions, such as their app availability. For that, our champion – NordVPN – is more than up for any task you can throw at it.
Have you tried to watch TSN online in USA with a VPN? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
How to watch Turkish TV in USA
How to watch ESPN with a VPN
How to watch Fox Sports anywhere
How to watch Sky Sports in USA
How to watch NBA games online
How to stream UFC live online
Can I watch TSN outside of Canada?
Yes, but you must use a Canadian IP address. This can be done using a fast and trustworthy Virtual Private Network (VPN) with servers in Canada, such as NordVPN. Connect to a Canadian server through your VPN, log in to your TSN account, and enjoy a full TSN library anywhere.
Can I stream TSN for free?
No, because most free VPNs are not equipped to bypass geo-blocking and usually don’t have fast or stable enough connections to stream videos consistently. Also, many free VPNs use monthly or daily data caps, which aren’t ideal for video content. Robust VPNs, such as NordVPN, are available to try out risk with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Is TSN on Amazon Prime Video?
TSN is not available on any streaming services, such as Amazon Prime Video, since they stream their on-demand videos and live content on the official TSN app and TSN website. Amazon Firestick users can find the TSN app on Amazon Appstore once connected to a Canadian server through a VPN.
Can I Watch TSN online?
Yes, you can watch TSN on your browser through their website or the official TSN app. Unfortunately, if you live outside of Canada you’ll have to use a VPN to bypass the region block. A reliable one, like NordVPN, will let you enjoy TSN content anywhere around the world with ease.