Copyright laws and restrictions mean TV and movie viewers have to contend with whatever is permitted in their country. Even globally-available services must comply by providing vastly different content libraries in each region.
Peacock TV takes it to the extreme and is only available in the United States. The NBC-owned streaming platform offers exclusive and third-party content at affordable prices. There’s even a free, ad-supported tier if you’re on a tight budget.
Luckily, content connoisseurs can unlock the geo-blocked service using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for Peacock TV. These programs alter your location and give you a different IP address. Read on to learn more.
How to watch Peacock TV anywhere with a VPN
Want a sneak peek at the best VPNs for watching Peacock anywhere? Check out our top five recommendations below!
Best VPN for Peacock: shortlist
- The best VPN for Peacock TV9.6
- Peacock VPN with unlimited connections9.4
- Affordable streaming VPN for Peacock9.0
- Freemium VPN for Peacock TV with excellent prices8.7
- Well-rounded Peacock TV VPN8.6
Why do you need a VPN to watch Peacock TV?
Since Peacock TV is owned and operated by NBC, a US mass media company, the service is exclusively available in the United States. There are a few exceptions to this, which require subscribing to a different service entirely. Plus, it’s likely the streaming platform will become available in other regions in the future. However, watching the complete Peacock library online requires a streaming VPN with servers in the US.
The ultimate way of hiding your IP address and simultaneously getting a foreign one is with a trustworthy VPN. This program can do many things, such as change your location and mask your online activities from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) via AES-256 encryption. Best of all, you can use the same virtual private network to unlock many streaming services, such as Netflix, HBO Max, and Disney Plus.
It’s crucial to note that VPNs work by redirecting your web traffic through remote servers. Unsurprisingly, this process will result in lowered connection speeds. Thankfully, the reduction is quite insignificant when using the fastest VPN services. Moreover, you’ll need fast connectivity if you wish to stream video content in UHD without lag.
Besides unlocking Peacock TV, a secure VPN can protect against various digital threats like malicious ads and malware. Additionally, they’ll prevent personal information exposure and keep a lookout for data leaks.
Best VPNs for Peacock TV: overview
If you want a multipurpose VPN, it’ll need an extensive feature arsenal. Here’s an introduction to the basics that every worthwhile virtual private network needs.
- VPN kill switch
- Loads of servers in the United States and elsewhere
- DNS leak protection
- Fast connection speeds (via modern tunneling protocols)
- Apps for desktop and mobile devices
- Bonus security features (against ads, trackers, and malware)
- 24/7 customer support
That’s just the tip of the iceberg that not every VPN service can fulfill. Consider your priorities, read our recommended provider descriptions, and choose one that best fits your needs.
1. NordVPN – the #1 Peacock TV VPN
24/7 live chat, Email
- Top speeds on the market
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- Excellent security and privacy features
- Only six simultaneous connections
NordVPN is the ultimate VPN for streaming Peacock TV and many other services anywhere. It provides industry-leading connectivity, top-notch security, and excellent device compatibility. Take advantage of it by committing $3.49/month or utilizing the 7-day NordVPN trial on the Google Play Store.
This service commands an impressive fleet of over 5800 servers across 60+ countries. Best of all, roughly 2000 are in the USA, granting Peacock TV fans plenty of IP addresses to pick from. There are also specialty server options (Double VPN, P2P, Onion over VPN, Obfuscated, Dedicated IP) if you have needs besides streaming.
The proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol (which is based on WireGuard) is the reason behind NordVPN’s breakneck connection speed. You’ll need it for watching movies on Peacock in UHD without buffering issues. Meanwhile, the Threat Protection feature will block annoying ads and more dangerous online nuisances from ruining your TV-viewing experience.
The service has numerous payment methods, including anonymity-preserving options like cryptocurrencies and cash. Just don’t forget to use a NordVPN coupon code for the best possible deals. Plus, you can always reconsider, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark VPN – Peacock VPN with Smart DNS
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Unlimited device connections
- WireGuard-powered speeds
- Loads of features at an affordable price
- Some features cost extra
Lost count of the TVs in your household? Then use a VPN like Surfshark to unblock Peacock on all of them without worry! It has an excellent price-to-performance ratio and supports unlimited connections with one account. All you need is a meager investment of $2.30/month. Too much? Grab the 7-day Surfshark VPN free trial instead.
Surfshark VPN runs a network of 3200+ RAM-only servers across 100+ countries. More than 600 are in the USA and further categorized by city for optimal performance. Moreover, the combination of WireGuard and SDN (Software Defined Networking) technology results in blazing-fast upload and download speeds.
This VPN grants an impressive arsenal of features for various use cases. For starters, CleanWeb mops away ads, online trackers, and malware from muddying your browsing experience. Furthermore, you’ll completely forget about the existence of network restrictions when NoBorders and Camouflage modes are enabled. Lastly, you can utilize this VPN on practically any device using Smart DNS.
Use a Surfshark discount code to unlock the most wallet-friendly deals for this VPN. And don’t worry about buyer’s remorse because the 30-day money-back warranty has you covered.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PrivateVPN – reasonably-priced jack-of-all-trades Peacock TV VPN
24/7 live chat
- 7-day free trial
- Cheap and versatile
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Lacks WireGuard
PrivateVPN is a budget-friendly option for Peacock TV and numerous other VPN use cases. It starts at $2.00/month and provides solid features for streaming, torrenting, and online protection. Don’t hesitate to test it out using the 7-day free trial.
At first glance, PrivateVPN appears sub-par with its humble 200+ servers across 63+ countries. However, it uses HQN (High Quality Network) technology to maximize output unlike any other service. Moreover, the OpenVPN tunneling protocol strikes the perfect balance between reliability and performance.
One PrivateVPN account permits 10 simultaneous device connections. The service supports Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV Stick. Additionally, you can protect a more-expansive and diverse device selection by installing the VPN on a router. And if you’re concerned about privacy, purchase the service using Bitcoin.
Grab the most appealing PrivateVPN deal and watch Peacock TV care-free anywhere. If you’re not satisfied with the results, take advantage of the 30-day money-back insurance.
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
4. Atlas VPN – cheapest VPN for Peacock
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Solid free version
- Limitless connections
- Reliable security features
- No router firmware
Want to unlock Peacock TV abroad with minimal monetary loss? Go with Atlas VPN, the most affordable VPN for streaming! It even has a free plan, although it’s not optimized for curbing geo-restrictions. Instead, you need to invest a mere $1.82/month to get all the benefits of this VPN.
Atlas VPN customers can choose from over 1000 servers across 42+ countries. You’ll have the best Peacock-unblocking results using the specialized Streaming servers. On the other hand, Privacy Pro locations are excellent for improved security and confidentiality. Whichever you choose, the WireGuard protocol will keep connection speeds excellent.
The selection of Atlas VPN features includes SafeSwap for periodically switching your IP address without interrupting your connection. Meanwhile, MultiHop+ kicks it up a notch by combining IP rotation and Double VPN. Moreover, Tracker Blocker prevents excessive third-party snooping on your online activities.
Enjoy maximum savings by getting a valid Atlas VPN coupon. No need to worry if you’re not 100% on board because the 30-day money-back exit route is included with each purchase.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
5. PureVPN – Peacock TV VPN with quantum-resistant encryption
24/7 live chat
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Independently-audited no-logs policy
- Massive server fleet
- Some features cost extra
Looking for a VPN with future-proof security? Get PureVPN, a one-of-a-kind provider with quantum-resistant encryption and low prices. Subscriptions start at $2.08/month, but keep in mind that some features will require additional funds.
PureVPN can brag about an exceptionally-expansive server network with over 6500 servers across 71+ countries. You can pick from more than 2000 in North America for unblocking Peacock TV without trouble. Whichever you choose, performance will be top-notch, thanks to 10 Gbps servers and the WireGuard protocol.
Privacy-conscious customers can rest easy with PureVPN because it operates from the British Virgin Islands. If that’s not enough, it passed multiple independent audits of its infrastructure and zero-logs policy. And if you don’t mind paying extra, PureVPN has loads of bonus goodies, such as PurePrivacy, PureKeep, DDoS Protection, and port forwarding.
Be sure to use a PureVPN coupon at checkout to get the best deals on your shopping cart. And don’t forget that you can always change your mind, thanks to the 31-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of PureVPN, read our PureVPN review.
How we selected the best VPNs for unblocking Peacock TV
Compiling a list of the top VPNs for a particular use case is difficult because there are so many different things to consider. As such, we outlined here what criteria we considered essential when picking VPNs for Peacock.
- Servers in the US. The first criterion is rather obvious. You’ll have no chance of unblocking Peacock TV with a VPN if the provider doesn’t have hardware in the United States.
- Industry-leading connection speeds. A pleasant streaming experience is guaranteed when there are no lags and stuttering issues while watching videos in glorious 4K resolution. Wicked-fast connectivity is ensured with efficient tunneling protocols, for example, WireGuard. Alternatively, use our VPN speed test to see how some providers are doing on the download speed race track.
- Device compatibility. You’ll likely want to watch Peacock TV on a large screen, not your mobile phone. Therefore, it’s crucial to pick a VPN with dedicated apps for Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and other home entertainment systems. You’ll have no compatibility issues if the VPN provides router setup options.
- Subscription price. Unblocking geo-restricted streaming content is reserved for paying VPN customers. However, there’s no need to sacrifice an arm and a leg to unblock Peacock. Plus, prices are crazy-low when you have a valid VPN coupon code.
- Bonus security features. Typically, streaming enthusiasts aren’t concerned with digital security features against online trackers or malware. However, it isn’t something that should be overlooked entirely, especially if you’ll use the VPN to secure your other online activities.
- Privacy practices. Staying anonymous isn’t essential for getting around geo-blocks, but it’s useful in other use cases. Pick a VPN with anonymous payment methods and an audited no-logs policy if you’re looking for peak confidentiality.
- Customer support options. Setting up a VPN can be tricky if you’re unfamiliar with the technology. As such, it’s good to have customer support as a backup.
How to stream Peacock on different devices
Peacock is compatible with a wide range of devices, including common household gadgets like desktop computers and mobile phones. Thankfully, our recommended VPNs are easy to use on these devices, thanks to the inclusion of dedicated software.
How to watch Peacock on PC (Windows, macOS)
- Pick a desktop-friendly VPN. The best service for PC enthusiasts is NordVPN
- Download and install the VPN software
- Connect to any server in the United States
- Go to the Peacock TV website and watch whatever you want!
How to stream Peacock TV on mobile devices (Android, iOS)
- Subscribe to VPN with dedicated mobile apps. I use NordVPN on my smartphone
- Download the virtual private network from your device’s app store
- Choose a suitable server in the United States
- Open the Peacock TV mobile app and enjoy!
How to watch Peacock on smart TV
Unlike desktop and mobile devices, smart TVs from different manufacturers come with varying operating systems. Which means VPN services don’t have unified apps for every possible version. Therefore, the most surefire way of unblocking Peacock on smart TVs is installing a VPN on a router.
- Sign up for a router-compatible VPN. I’d recommend NordVPN, the best overall VPN
- Follow the provider’s instructions and install the VPN on your home router
- Set the new location to the United States
- Use another device to check whether you got a US IP address
- Connect your smart TV to the router network
- Boot up your TV and tune into Peacock!
How to watch Peacock TV on streaming devices
Some (but not all) streaming-oriented devices are compatible with virtual private network software. We’ll help you make sense of this disparity with a handful of setup guides.
How to watch Peacock TV on Amazon Fire Stick
- Sign up for a VPN with Amazon FireOS support. My go-to choice is NordVPN
- Plug in your Fire Stick and open the Amazon app store
- Find the VPN app of your provider and install it
- Connect to server in the US
- Open the Peacock TV app and watch whatever your heart desires!
How to watch Peacock on Apple TV
- Purchase a router-compatible VPN. Our research suggests that NordVPN is the best
- Install the VPN on your router and set the new location as the US (ask customer support for detailed instructions)
- Connect your Apple TV to the reconfigured router network
- Tune into Peacock TV no matter where you are!
How to watch Peacock TV on Roku
- Subscribe to a VPN that supports manual router configuration. Can’t go wrong with NordVPN
- Set up your home router with a VPN location in the USA
- Connect your Roku-powered device to the router network
- Download Peacock TV from the Channel Store
- Watch original NBC content without issues!
How to stream Peacock TV outside the US
Peacock TV isn’t strictly exclusive to the United States. For example, you can access the channel via NBCUniversal partners, such as Sky and Xfinity (details vary based on your region). Naturally, it’s likely the service will eventually expand to other markets, just like HBO Max and Disney Plus did.
Still, having a US IP address is the most convenient way of watching Peacock TV online. It’s also worth remembering that globally-available streaming services offer different content based on your location. Not to mention that you’ll need a VPN while traveling if you wish to watch Peacock TV on the go.
In short, having a VPN for Peacock TV means you’ll be unaffected by future changes to distribution laws or your place of residence. So follow our 4-step guide and watch Peacock TV wherever you are!
How to watch Peacock TV outside the US
- Subscribe to one of our recommended VPNs for Peacock TV. NordVPN takes up the #1 spot
- Download the VPN app on your Peacock-viewing device
- Pick any server in the United States
- Launch Peacock TV and relax!
VPN not working with Peacock
Using a VPN for streaming isn’t always a carefree walk in the park. Sometimes you’ll be unable to unblock your desired video platform and won’t be informed what went wrong. Peacock TV is no exception and takes the necessary precautions to limit VPN users.
Luckily, these issues are rare, and there are plenty of steps you can take to mitigate them.
- Check for IP and DNS leaks. Having your true whereabouts exposed is suspect #1 when it comes to unsuccessful unblocking attempts. Use a tool like dnsleaktest.com to check for IP or DNS leaks.
- Switch to another server. The most popular way of restricting VPN users is IP address blocking. Thankfully, it’s impossible to trace all of them, especially since they’re constantly renewed. So just connect to another server and try again.
- Clear your browser’s cache. Browser cookies are notorious for storing excess data about you. It can include location information, which will undermine your efforts to curb geo-blocking. Wipe away residual crumbs or use a clean slate in the form of Incognito Mode.
- Update your VPN software. Not all apps check for updates automatically. Maybe that’s the case with your VPN and could be the reason behind your inability to unblock Peacock TV abroad.
Reaching out to customer support agents is your last resort if you’ve run out of ideas. They’ll get to the bottom of this minor inconvenience.
Can you unblock Peacock TV abroad with a free VPN?
Since Peacock TV has an ad-supported free tier, it would be awesome if it worked abroad with the best free VPN services. You can try everything out yourself, but my advice is to not waste your time.
Below is a rundown of the reasons why no-cost VPNs for Peacock are a bad idea. They stem from the fact that reliable costless VPNs are freemium and deliberately impose limitations, while fully-free services are much more heinous.
- Miniscule number of servers. Free VPNs don’t have the budget to maintain a wide-reaching server network. Instead, they operate a tiny fleet across a handful of regions. Luckily, free VPNs with US servers are quite common.
- Abysmal connection speeds. You’re not entitled to blazing-fast connectivity if you’re not paying a dime to help maintain network integrity. The fastest tunneling protocols are typically reserved for paying customers, while freeloaders get the short end of the stick.
- Monthly data caps. To add insult to injury, free VPNs grant you a monthly data cap to further minimize overuse. That means you’ll barely be able to stream a movie before your “generous” data allowance has evaporated.
- Sub-par security features. Premium secure VPNs have a vested interest in keeping their customers protected against viruses. Meanwhile, free VPNs couldn’t care less because you’re not paying anyway. So, why not inject some adware instead to make some kind of profit?
As mentioned before, there’s no harm in trying out some reliable, no-cost providers and going through everything yourself. But why not get a premium VPN with a free trial and experience zero issues and frustration? The top 3 VPNs for Peacock offer 7-day free trials, which is plenty of time to binge at least one season of an interesting TV show.
What to watch on Peacock TV
Peacock TV has three pricing tiers:
- An ad-supported free plan with a limited library
- $4.99/month Premium plan with the entire library and occasional ads
- $9.99/month Plus plan with no ads and the option to download select titles for offline viewing
The free plan has limited options, while the paid plans include over 80,000 hours of familiar and original content. Plus, you can tune into NBC news shows or watch exciting sporting events live.
Below is a glance at some of the most appealing things about Peacock TV.
|They/Them, Halloween Ends, Minions: The Rise of Gru, Open Windows, They Live||Vampire Academy, Love Island, The Resort, Killing It, Modern Family, Bel-Air||Premier League, Sunday Night Football, WWE, MLB, Golf, Motorsports|
A Peacock VPN is essential for non-US residents if they wish to tune into this popular streaming service. Americans will also benefit from it as it allows them to continue watching their favorite movies and TV shows while traveling abroad. And don’t forget about the countless other benefits you receive in terms of security, anonymity, and bonus content from other platforms.
But don’t think picking a VPN at random will grant you the results you desire. Instead, opt for the tried-and-true NordVPN, the ultimate service for Peacock TV!
Do you use a VPN to watch Peacock TV abroad? Are you satisfied with the results? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment!
You may also like to read:
How to watch TSN in the USA
How to watch ITVX in the USA
How to get cheap YouTube premium
How to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race from anywhere
How to watch ABC live outside the US
How to watch American TV abroad
Does Peacock work with a VPN?
Yes, Peacock works with tested and well-performing VPNs. It’s vital to choose providers with servers in the United States, fast connection speeds, and apps for the most popular streaming devices.
Does NordVPN work with Peacock TV?
Yes, NordVPN is the best VPN for Peacock TV. It has 5800+ servers worldwide with roughly 2000 in the United States alone. Plus, the proprietary NordLynx protocol grants 4K-capable speeds no matter where you’re connecting from.
What free VPN works with Peacock?
Free VPNs don’t work with Peacock because they aren’t optimized for unblocking geo-restricted streaming content. Plus, their IP addresses get blocked quickly because of overuse. The best way to watch Peacock anywhere at no cost is with a premium VPN free trial.
How can I watch Peacock TV outside the US?
You can watch Peacock TV outside the US with one of our recommended VPNs for Peacock. They exhibit ludicrous connection speeds, loads of servers in America, and affordable subscription prices. Best of all, they have 30-day money-back guarantees, giving you a generous risk-free trial period.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Peacock?
Yes, there are no laws against using VPNs to unblock geo-restricted content. However, some countries outlawed VPNs due to their power to curb censorship and surveillance. Plus, it’s recommended to check a website’s terms of service to see its stance on VPNs.