PUBG, also known as Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, is one of the catalysts of the famous battle royale online gaming genre. It started on PC, but now it’s available on mobile devices.
Since the game is so popular and engaging, it is frequently restricted on publicly available networks. Even your school or workplace Wi-Fi could be blocking the game to prevent procrastination. Plus, geographical limitations are imposed in numerous countries worldwide.
Luckily, a VPN for PUBG can be the key to playing the game no matter where you are. Plus, it’s capable of blocking DDoS attacks and improving latency if your internet service provider throttles your connection. Read on to find out which services are the best PUBG VPN options.
Best VPN for PUBG: shortlist
- The Best VPN for PUBG9.6
- PUBG VPN with excellent security9.4
- Affordable VPN for PUBG9.1
- PUBG VPN with bonus features8.9
- PUBG VPN with a free version8.5
How to play PUBG with a VPN
- Subscribe to a wicked-fast VPN. Our go-to option is NordVPN, currently available for 68% off!
- Download the VPN app on your preferred gaming device
- Connect to a nearby server for optimal performance
- Compete in the PUBG battle royale from anywhere with a VPN!
Why do you need a VPN with PUBG in 2022?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) can alleviate many issues that give gamers headaches. For example, you can use the software to:
- Unblock games that are unavailable in your country
- Access region-exclusive in-game rewards
- Reduce latency if your data is throttled
- Connect to game lobbies across the globe
- Prevent DDoS attacks
Naturally, you’ll need a VPN for gaming to achieve these goals. But virtual private networks are pretty versatile and provide benefits in other ways as well.
For example, connecting to a virtual private network secures your web traffic with military-grade encryption. This prevents your ISP (Internet Service Provider) from monitoring your online activities and throttling your data. Such protection is crucial if you live in a country where the government is notorious for mass surveillance and censorship.
Best VPNs for PUBG: overview
Like PUBG lobbies are sometimes filled with hackers, the VPN industry is loaded with subpar services and even scams. This means you can’t just pick a provider at random and expect good results.
Instead, you need to choose a reliable PUBG VPN service that’s known for speed, security, reliability, and privacy. We’ve narrowed down your options to the top five best VPNs for Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds.
1. NordVPN – the Best VPN for PUBG
24/7 live chat, Email
- Exceptionally fast
- SmartPlay for easy content unblocking
- Independently audited and secure
- No router app
The ultimate weapon against PUBG geographical restrictions is NordVPN. It’s a veteran of the industry, trusted by millions, and packed with excellent features.
For starters, NordVPN utilizes 5500+ servers across 59+ countries. Additionally, many of these servers are equipped with RAM-only technology to ensure that no data lingers for too long. Plus, you can grab a dedicated IP address if you’d like to avoid the pitfalls of shared addresses.
NordVPN guarantees breakneck connectivity with its proprietary NordLynx tunneling protocol. That way, you can stream video content in UHD quality on platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and more.
Best of all, NordVPN offers a 7-day free trial on the Google Play Store. On the other hand, various coupon codes allow you to get a subscription for as little as $2.99/month. Plus, each subscription is insured with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of NordVPN, read our NordVPN review.
2. Surfshark – PUBG VPN with excellent security
24/7 live chat, FAQ
- Unlimited connections
- Antivirus protection
- Fast and secure
- Unaudited no-logs policy
Surfshark VPN provides unrivaled security against countless online dangers. It valiantly protects users like any other VPN but can include features against digital viruses.
First, Surfshark runs a network of 3200+ servers in 100+ countries. What’s more, all of these servers are equipped with RAM-only hardware and wipe any data once rebooted. Meanwhile, wicked-fast connections can be conducted with WireGuard or IKEv2 tunneling protocols.
Besides video games like PUBG, Surfshark unblocks bonus content on streaming services like HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and more. Moreover, the Smart DNS feature allows customers to circumvent geo-blocks on practically any device.
You can take Surfshark for a spin by snagging the 7-day free trial on either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After that, subscriptions start at $1.99/month if you use a discount code. Lastly, each plan is protected with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Surfshark VPN, read our Surfshark VPN review.
3. PrivateVPN – affordable VPN for PUBG
24/7 live chat
- Fairly cheap
- Good for streaming
- Accepts Bitcoin
- Doesn’t have WireGuard
With video game prices soaring higher than ever, it’s frustrating when security software costs an arm and a leg. Thankfully, affordable options like PrivateVPN are available to save the day (and your limbs)!
To start, PrivateVPN runs an efficient operation with 200+ servers in 63+ countries. It also retains complete control over the network, ensuring that third parties don’t gain access to the hardware. Plus, the service provides connectivity with the ever-lasting OpenVPN.
Speaking of which, PrivateVPN can unearth more TV shows and movies on Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, Hulu, and countless other platforms. Furthermore, the VPN is compatible with Android TV, Amazon Fire OS devices, and Kodi.
You can get a taste of affordable confidentiality by grabbing the PrivateVPN 7-day free trial. After that, subscription prices start at only $2.00/month if you use a discount code. Naturally, each plan is bundled with a 30-day money-back guarantee
For a deeper investigation of PrivateVPN, read our PrivateVPN review.
4. IPVanish – PUBG VPN with bonus features
24/7 live chat, email, knowledge base
- Infinite connections
- Quite fast with WireGuard
- Cloud storage and antivirus protection
- No anonymous payment
Why settle for a VPN when you can also have other cybersecurity benefits? If that’s your motto, you should get IPVanish, which can include cloud storage and protection against viruses.
Firstly, IPVanish runs a network of 2000+ servers across 50+ countries. It controls the hardware without any middlemen, ensuring top-notch performance and zero interference. Furthermore, it can facilitate a VPN connection with the blazing-fast WireGuard tunneling protocol.
In addition to gaming, IPVanish is a solid choice for streaming video content on platforms like Hulu, Disney Plus, Netflix, and more. Additionally, you’ll have no trouble installing the VPN on your favorite entertainment devices, such as Android TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and Roku.
You may be disappointed to hear that IPVanish does not offer a free trial to try out the service. Luckily, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t mind going through the refund process. Plus, subscriptions start at only $3.99/month if you use a discount code.
For a deeper investigation of IPVanish, read our IPVanish review.
5. Atlas VPN – PUBG VPN with a free version
Email, tickets, FAQ
- Free plan
- Unlimited connections
- Fast, secure, and cheap
- Lacking in device compatibility
Digital security shouldn’t be exclusive to people with deep pockets. That’s why we’re happy to see exceptionally affordable options like Atlas VPN.
Atlas VPN bears the burden of 750+ servers in 37+ countries. Some of them are equipped with the one-of-a-kind SafeSwap feature, which alternates your IP address intermittently without interrupting your connection. Plus, you can experience out-of-this-world connection speeds with the lightning-fast WireGuard.
Although exceptionally affordable, Atlas VPN is highly effective at circumventing geographical restrictions. For example, it’s a prime choice when unblocking bonus films on Disney+, Netflix, or YouTube TV. Moreover, the VPN has dedicated apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Once you’re done with the free plan, you can purchase a subscription for as little as $1.64/month if you have a discount code at your disposal. It’s also worth noting that all plans are secured with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a deeper investigation of Atlas VPN, read our Atlas VPN review.
The best aspect of each PUBG VPN
- NordVPN – The Best VPN for PUBG
- Surfshark VPN – PUBG VPN with excellent security
- PrivateVPN – Affordable VPN for PUBG
- IPVanish – PUBG VPN with bonus features
- Atlas VPN – PUBG VPN with a free version
Video review: Top 3 VPNs for PUBG
Which PUBG VPNs have the best servers and ping? Watch our video review to find out!
What should I look for in a VPN for PUBG?
You may be inclined to exercise some independence and search for a different VPN for PUBG. If that’s the case, you should at least pay close attention to some criteria that hint at whether a VPN service is worth considering for gaming.
- Speed. Minimal speed reduction can only be ensured when using a VPN with swift and modern tunneling protocols, such as WireGuard. Other solutions could be viable, but you should verify them through third parties, such as VPN speed tests.
- Servers. An extensive server network is the second piece of the performance puzzle. Nearby servers ensure optimal connections and minimal latency. Plus, a broad country selection enables you to unlock more diverse content.
- Price. There’s no need to overpay for good quality services. VPN prices should be in the ballpark of around $4/month on a long-term contract
- Compatibility. Most providers offer dedicated apps for desktop and mobile devices. But if you want security on other devices, check for compatibility with those platforms. Alternatively, ensure that you can manually set up the VPN on routers.
- Security. Your network is prone to hackers, even if you’re primarily using the internet for online gaming. Plus, a VPN with adequate security features will prevent DDoS attacks and other dangers, such as malware.
- Privacy. A confidential VPN provider with privacy-ensuring jurisdiction guarantees no one will know about your late-night gaming habits. Naturally, they also won’t store logs and sell your data to the highest bidder.
- Customer support. Even tech-savvy gamers need customer support assistance occasionally. Be sure that it’s available 24/7, so you don’t waste too much time without access to PUBG.
What can I do with a VPN for PUBG?
First and foremost, a VPN for PUBG can unlock the game if you’re located in a region that blocks access to the software. Countries like China, Iraq, Pakistan, and India have restricted Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds for various reasons. Alternatively, you can also change your location to see what the players are like in other countries. Perhaps you’re tired of the locals and would like to see if the situation is different in other lobbies.
You may also come across networks that don’t block the game entirely but simply slow down your connection and increase your ping in the process. This is done to prevent excessive data use and congestion. Luckily, a VPN can fix PUBG lag by obfuscating your traffic and preventing discrimination based on your online activities.
Most online games offer region-exclusive rewards during certain holidays and celebrations. You can use a VPN to change your location and collect these special gifts easily.
Furthermore, VPNs work by hiding your home IP address behind the server’s data. So if your account or home IP got banned unjustifiably, you could use a VPN to change your IP address and continue playing as before.
Best of all, most VPNs have dedicated apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. But don’t worry if you prefer gaming on a console – you can simply set up the VPN manually on a router and connect your device to that network.
Is there a best free VPN for PUBG?
The unfortunate answer is that there’s no best free VPN for PUBG. Although there’s no shortage of options, none of them will give satisfying results. That’s because no-cost VPNs are riddled with frustrating issues, such as:
- Data caps that prevent gaming over long periods
- Bottlenecked speeds that can cause lags and stuttering
- Tiny server networks that will exacerbate the slow connection
- Weak security features that won’t stop DDoS attacks
- Data logging and selling to maintain the service
I’d rather not play PUBG at all than deal with these problems. Thankfully, gamers can utilize a VPN with a free trial to see if the service is adequate for their needs. After that, you may choose from numerous VPN coupon codes that grant a substantial discount.
Using the best VPN for PUBG grants numerous game performance and security benefits. You can reduce lag if you’re subjected to data throttling. Additionally, getting around geographical restrictions is essential if you’re in a country where PUBG is blocked. Lastly, a VPN can prevent DDoS attacks if you’re serious about competitive gaming. What matters is that you pick a provider that’s reliable and trustworthy.
Which VPN do you use while playing Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds? Share your preferences by leaving a comment!
Can I use a free VPN in PUBG?
Although it’s possible to use a free VPN with PUBG, the game might be unplayable with it. That’s because free services throttle bandwidth, have a small number of servers, monthly data caps, and are overcrowded. Plus, hackers often use free VPNs, so the IP addresses end up banned. Instead, you should opt for cheap VPN services.
What’s the best VPN for PUBG?
The best VPN for PUBG is NordVPN. It’s loaded with 5500+ servers in 59+ countries, utilizes the high-speed NordLynx tunneling protocol, and provides exceptional privacy with its jurisdiction in Panama. Additionally, it has plenty of solid security features and an audited no-logs policy.
Is using a VPN with PUBG legal?
Yes, there are no laws against using a VPN with PUBG. However, you could get in trouble if you’re using a VPN to access PUBG in countries where the game is restricted. For example, in China, Pakistan, Iraq, or India. If that’s the case, you must opt for a service that isn’t prone to IP and DNS leaks, such as NordVPN or Surfshark.